Don't watch this movie...

...if all you are going to do is complain about how it's sooo different from the novel. Look, if you want to enjoy Tolkien's work than READ Tolkien's work. Don't expect the film to be just like Tolkien's novel, because he is DEAD. Also, films translate much differently than books do, so there were plenty of good and necessary changes that were made. I love Tolkien's universe and I love The Hobbit and I love seeing his work adapted to the big screen. But I'm not going in expecting the exact same thing. I respect and appreciate and anticipate Peter Jackson's artistic decisions just as much as I appreciate and respect Tolkien's work.
Josiah Coulter
03-18-2013 09:58 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

lol fuck you asshole this was the best movie of 2012 way better than boring life of pi shit and django poopstained. the hobbit deserves every oscar.

Mar 24 - 06:59 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

the hobbit is good but django unchianed is better.

May 23 - 11:03 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Django niggerstained is a movie made to make white people guilty for no reason.

May 26 - 09:29 PM

Fergus MacIvor

Fergus MacIvor

Many people were disappointed by this movie, not because of its use of artistic license (which all book-adaptations are bound to have), but because it did it poorly. I personally belong to that group.

Mar 23 - 12:28 PM

Fergus MacIvor

Fergus MacIvor

There are many people who were disappointed with this movie, not because it had artistic license, but because it did it poorly. Diversions from the source material are fine, when done right, which I personally thought this movie didn't.

Mar 23 - 12:26 PM

Josiah Coulter

Josiah Coulter

*RIP Tolkien. I didn't mean to sound that harsh. Oops.

Mar 18 - 09:59 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile