The Biggest Movies of Comic-Con 2012

Here's a comprehensive list of the movies being showcased in San Diego this year.

Comic-Con is officially upon us, and while there will be plenty of great stuff there related to comics, video games, and television, we here at Rotten Tomatoes are naturally most interested in the movies. With that in mind, here's a complete rundown of the various films that will be represented at this year's convention. Click on the titles for photos, trailers, release dates, and general info about each of the films, and let us know which ones you're most excited for!

THURSDAY, JULY 12

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 - 12:45-1:45, Hall H
Summit will screen preview footage and host a Q&A session with the director and cast members.

Frankenweenie, Oz the Great and Powerful, and Wreck-It Ralph - 2:05-3:05, Hall H
Walt Disney Studios presents a panel Q&A with directors Tim Burton and Sam Raimi, and the voice cast of Wreck-It Ralph, including John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman.

Hotel Transylvania - 3:00-4:00, Indigo Ballrom at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Accomplished TV animation director Genndy Tartakovsky introduces preview footage and a behind-the-scenes look at his first feature film.

Chinese Zodiac - 3:25-4:25, Hall H
Director and star Jackie Chan will screen trailers for his latest actioner and participate in a Q&A with special guest Oliver Platt.

The Expendables 2 - 4:45-5:45, Hall H
A panel discussion with Sylvester Stallone and the muscular cast of his action sequel, including Jean Claude Van Damme, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terry Crews, and Dolph Lundgren.

FRIDAY, JULY 13

Paranorman - 10:45-11:45, Hall H
The director and voice cast (Kodi Smit-McPhee, Anna Kendrick, Christopher Mintz-Plasse) will be on hand for a panel discussion and never-before-seen preview footage of the stop-motion film.

Resident Evil: Retribution - 4:05-4:35, Hall H
Director Paul W.S. Anderson and stars Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez will be joined by other cast members for a Q&A session and screening of unseen preview footage.

Total Recall, Looper, and Elysium - 4:35-6:35, Hall H
Sony gets a big chunk of time for its three sci-fi flicks, which will be represented by each of their directors, as well as their stars: Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel (Total Recall); Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt (Looper); and Matt Damon and Jodie Foster (Elysium).

SATURDAY, JULY 14

Django Unchained - 11:30-12:30, Hall H
Quentin Tarantino, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, and Kerry Washington will be on hand to screen footage from the film and answer questions.

End of Watch and Silent Hill: Revelations 3D - 12:45-1:45, Hall H
Open Road Films will be presenting their two films, with the directors of both films and some of the stars, including Jake Gyllenhaal (End of Watch).

Pacific Rim, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and Superman: Man of Steel - 2:30-5:00, Hall H
Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are bringing three big films to Comic-Con, and though the panelists for Pacific Rim and Man of Steel haven't been announced yet, Peter Jackson, Martin Freeman, and Ian McKellen will be on hand to talk about The Hobbit.

Iron Man 3 - 6:00-7:00, Hall H
Director Kevin Feige and "special guests" will offer some insight into the upcoming sequel.

Comments

violamom

Wendy Clare

The Hobbit outranks all the others combined. Why even bother having anything else on the list?? ;-) <><

Jul 11 - 06:00 PM

King  S.

King Simba

I don't know, Pacific Rim looks like it could be really cool, while I'm also excited for Iron Man 3, Elysium, ParaNorman, Man of Steel, and Frankenweenie (I know Burton has gotten a lot of ill will after Dark Shadows and Alice in Wonderland, but Frankenweenie seems to be one of those smaller passion projects for Burton, sort of like Ed Wood or Edward Scissorhands).

Won't deny though that Hobbit is easily my most anticipated out of all of these.

Jul 11 - 11:59 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Frankenweenie is a movie he has all ready made, and it was a small passion project when he first made it not a million dollar prodcution like it is now. He is a hack. Damn it a HACK!

Jul 12 - 12:23 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I'm sorry that's not fair. I did actually really enjoy the Original Frankenweenie as a kid.

Jul 12 - 12:27 PM

Fred Brooks

Fred Brooks

I gotta disagree, i'm looking more forward to "Iron Man 3", "Django Unchained" , "Man Of Steel"& "Pacific Rim", but to each his own.

Jul 12 - 12:43 AM

Jul 12 - 12:27 PM

Fred Brooks

Fred Brooks

Jul 12 - 12:43 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

The Pacific Rim poster looks baad aass. Also, I think they showed some Robocop material, including the new "Ed" which is quite a bit larger. You can go to omnicorp dot com to see that. Maybe it's just the way it's worded, but a joint Q&A with Burton and Raimi sounds awesome. Yes, I'm still looking forward to both their films, because I'm not fickle like so many willing to jump their ships. Also excited about Tartakovsky's return to the big screen. "Samurai Jack" is one of the greatest cartoons ever made, and "Power Puff Girls Movie" is a goddamn masterpiece of Mojojovion proportion.

This seems to cover all the bases, except "Gravity", "Cloud Atlas", Aronofsky's "Noah", "RIPD", and "Ender's Game".

Jul 12 - 02:54 AM

Epic Barney Funk

Barney Funk

Samurai Jack was an epic cartoon.

Jul 12 - 05:29 AM

Epic Barney Funk

Barney Funk

I am waiting for Wreck it Ralph and Looper.

Jul 12 - 05:28 AM

Epic Barney Funk

Barney Funk

Samurai Jack was an epic cartoon.

Jul 12 - 05:29 AM

Captain Terror

Captain Terror

Damn--Tarantino, Jackson, Burton and Raimi will all be there? And maybe Del Toro? At MY local comic-con all we got was Ferrigno, Burt Ward and the "fourth" Ghostbuster.

Jul 12 - 07:22 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Django Unchained
The Pacific
The Hobbit
and heck, Supman, Man of Steel.

These are highly anticipated for me. The rest seems to have all ready been run into the ground or is a remake-sequel that I have little interest int.

Jul 12 - 11:10 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

"Elysium" is the follow up from the director of "District 9". I don't know if you liked that one, but it's at least worth keeping an eye on.

Jul 12 - 12:44 PM

matt s.

matt stadler

Elysium is my most anticipated film for next year. It and the dark knight rises were the only two films to receive a standing ovation at the pre-screenings. Also I read that out of 40 people a little more than 3/4 gave it 5/5.

Jul 12 - 01:03 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

All I heard about it was "Matt Damon in SCI FI!" so I thought...Meh...Last Matt Damon in Sci Fi I saw was "The The Adjustment Bureau" which was Fine. I actually did like it, nothing to own but sure it was fun. Liked the Cast.

Neil Blomkamp is directing Elysium you say! District 9 is one of my all time favorite films. My Handle on Spill.com is Disctrict 9 Customer Service! I NEED TO SEE ELYSIUM. Thanks for looking out J!

Jul 12 - 02:56 PM

Jul 12 - 01:03 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Jul 12 - 02:56 PM

Shannon Potratz

Shannon Potratz

What, no mention of the DREDD screening? Word-of-mouth on this film has been amazing. Being a motion picture adaptation of a comic, I'd think you guys would be all over it. I thought this was a movie NEWS site. Way to be on-the-ball RT.

Jul 12 - 03:45 PM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

The Hobbit is my most anticipated.

Jul 12 - 10:00 PM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies