Peter Jackson's Best Movies

Summary

No surprises here, folks -- other movies are coming out this week, but it's really all about The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, and when it came time to figure out who would be the focus of our list, there was only one choice. Yes, we're talking about Peter Jackson, the director whose latest venture to Middle-earth is one of 2013's most eagerly awaited sequels -- and whose filmography is about so, so much more than hobbits and orcs. From gory comedies to vulgar puppets and beyond, Jackson has displayed one of the most artfully wandering spirits in Hollywood over the course of his career, and it's high time we took a look at the critical highlights. Get ready for Total Recall! Back to Article

Comments

john w.

john wang

Never be afraid of the moments--thus sings the voice of the everlasting.

Dec 12 - 11:03 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

Worse is that King Kong is nowhere to be found on the viewer‚??s list..

Dec 13 - 12:43 AM

G_man

Galen Mountfort

Seen all of his apart from Forgotten Silver and the Lovely Bones (just got back from the hobbit, I'm a kiwi and we got it a bit earlier), funny he has a top 10 when there's only 11 to choose from not including the Hobbit. All 10 I've seen would be 7, 8 or 9 out of 10 but I'm a bit reluctant to see Lovely Bones because it didn't do well critically.

Dec 13 - 02:01 AM

Movie Fail

Soren Hough

I mean, I personally think The Two Towers is easily the best of the three films. I liked The Return of the King like I liked The Fellowship of the Ring, but The Two Towers is a step beyond... The tension-building toward the magnificent battle of Helm's Deep is unparalleled.

Dec 13 - 02:33 AM

King  S.

King Simba

The tension leading to Helm's Deep was incredible, but I slightly preffered the buildup to the Battle of Minas Tirith in Return of the King. For two hours I was on the edge of my seat waiting and almost dreading for the battle to start.

Dec 13 - 03:52 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Dec 13 - 03:52 AM

Catfish Alexander

Catfish Alexander

LOTR is one of the most overrated series of movies I have ever seen...maybe one day people will see it for what it is; a simply mediocre attempt at fantasy.

Some of Jackson's other films, on the other hand, are exceptional, such as Heavenly Creatures.

Dec 13 - 05:15 AM

Premo Beat

John Noto

You're entering a world of pain

Dec 13 - 07:50 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Nah. This is so obviously troll bait that I don't think anyone will bite. Besides, he got one thing right: Heavenly Creatures is an exceptional film.

Dec 13 - 09:31 AM

Paul Cole

Paul Cole

yup! HC is an amazing movie.

Dec 16 - 02:47 PM

Eric Martin

Eric Martin

agree. The story itself is boring. Sauroman doesn't even show himself which sucks. None of the villains are ever as imposing as him.

Dec 19 - 04:22 PM

Lammert Verhoeven

Lammert Verhoeven

Never been a fan of King Kong, but that's because I think it's a lame story. I guess if you're into bestiality the movies make sense. But as a director I wouldn't want to burn my fingers with this story. Heavenly Creatures is an absorbing movie, especially because of the two female leads. The fact The Return of The King doesn't score that high as the other Ring movies is because the ending just kept going on and on and on and on. The Two Towers is the best Ring movie.

Dec 13 - 06:22 AM

George Bauch

George Bauch

Before Lord of the Rings, i only knew the Films Heavenly Creatures & The Frighteners from Peter Jackson. Frighteners wasnt in the Cinemas in Germany and was only published at Video. I dont know why. The Frighteners is a very entertaining film. King Kong was underrated by the audience, the film deserved more success, than he had.

Dec 13 - 06:43 AM

Preston Orrick

Preston Orrick

Bad Taste's original cover had the alien flipping the bird.

Dec 13 - 07:31 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

I have the DVD with that cover.

Dec 13 - 09:32 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

In Britain, the two finger gesture above has the same connotation as the American middle finger.

Dec 13 - 11:49 AM

Dave J

Dave J

That "too" was also one of Jacksons greatest accomplishments!

Dec 13 - 12:11 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

You're entering a world of pain

Dec 13 - 07:50 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Dec 13 - 09:31 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Dec 13 - 09:31 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

I have the DVD with that cover.

Dec 13 - 09:32 AM

Gene Bodyl

Gene Bodyl

Peter Jackson is one of the best directors out there working today. He has a true sense of movie visuals and storytelling which many directors out there lack. Of course, the LOTR trilogy stands out to be my favorite trilogy of all time. King Kong is vastly underrated and I classify it as the best remake ever. I heard nothing but good things for Dead Alive and Meet the Feebles. Despite the negative reviews, I do want to check out the Lovely Bones. And of course, I am going to see the Hobbit tonight!

Dec 13 - 10:27 AM

Willian Alberto Simanca GonzŠlez

Willian Alberto Simanca GonzŠlez

el Retorno del Rey es mejor que las dos Torres, esa es su mejor película.

Dec 13 - 11:23 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Dec 13 - 11:49 AM

Kelvin McDermott

Kelvin McDermott

"I kick ass for the Lord!" One of my favorite quotes of all time, from Dead Alive.

Dec 13 - 11:55 AM

Dave J

Dave J

The CGI death of the main antagonist just wasn't convincing!

Dec 13 - 12:09 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>