The Hollywood Complex - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hollywood Complex Reviews

½ April 26, 2012
This is a solid documentary with a nice sense of humor. The subject of child actors is a tense issue. Some see the parents as monster forcing their kids to live out their own fantasy of fame and fortune while other see it as the biggest sacrifice a parent can make in a gamble to fulfill their child's dream. We get to see a little of both in this film as well as some of the ugly aspects of the Hollywood system.
½ May 3, 2012
This is one of those documentaries that you laugh at, but also makes you sad or cringe the rest of the time. There was one mother/daughter combo that was particularly tragic and sad - they were completely out of touch with reality.
March 24, 2012
There sure are a lot of precocious kids in this movie, and the fact that they all live together in the same apartment complex and desperately want to be on camera makes these documentarians' job an easy one. It is still a wonderful effort and a very compelling story. Rational people will be largely horrified at what these kids and their parents will do for success, but according to the filmmakers some families have watched this and said, "You know, we were getting discouraged, but after we watched your film we were just filled with confidence." Just goes to show how delusional some of these people really are.
½ October 16, 2013
the final nail in the coffin of ever having faith in humanity
½ December 1, 2012
Child actor camp and their crazy stage moms... what's not to like?
October 14, 2012
I really really LOVED Shanna. Idk how she didn't make any call backs. She is so sweet and beautiful. My heart just went out to her and her mother... Good luck guys I hope to see her face in the future if that's her dream I pray it comes true for her.
½ July 10, 2012
Interesting. Straight forward. sad in a way.
July 5, 2012
Interesting, if only for how sickening each child and their parent is.
June 1, 2012
This is an amazing documentary.
May 16, 2012
There Is Serious Issues At Home & In Almost Every Single One Of These Families, So It Is No Wonder Many 'Child Actors' End Up At Some Point On Drugs When All The Money Rolls In. I Loved The Quote, "This Is The Only Place In The World Where Positivity Will Kill You', How Sad But True.
½ May 3, 2012
½ April 26, 2012
April 12, 2012
Everyone who makes films should see this.
April 10, 2012
Interesting view of child actors. Not too much depth though.
April 1, 2012
Extremely disturbing and disgusting.
March 24, 2012
March 18, 2012
Very good documentary.
March 15, 2012
oh the joys of kids and their stage-parents seeking stardom!!!
½ March 4, 2012
This documentary focused on a small apartment complex in Hollywood that every year for 3 months hosts young child actors and their parents as they audition and train for the upcoming season of new tv shows. It is very interesting to see the great lengths that some families go to in order to help their child become a star. It is also shocking to see how crazy some families are and sad at how many of them never reach their goal. The film was interesting throughout and focused on some very interesting kids, one in particular. It is fun to watch this kind of stuff and it made me realize once again how many crazy people there are in this world.