A lame rip-off.

Come on Stephanie, get some original ideas. This is basically invasion of the body snatchers, just lamer with unnecessary romance.
Sarmad Qayyum
03-27-2013 01:40 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Mitchell Henson

Mitchell Henson

I managed to get through about half the book when I realized Jack Finney, Robert Heilein, Edgar Rice Burroughs and even Deep Space 9 oops (almost forgot) stargate SG-1 had already done this plot. According to the blurb on the book, this is a novel for people who don't read sci-fi. Obviously, or they'd realize several authors had already done it.

Apr 4 - 05:17 PM

Nicholas Boardman

Nicholas Boardman

It's closer to The Puppet Masters, actually.

...me? Pedantic? Never.

Apr 4 - 10:03 AM

pepsi k.

pepsi kent

a childish twilight clone

Mar 30 - 03:12 AM

atthemovies

Paul Arnold

I think this movie is just lame - period!

Mar 28 - 09:16 PM

Russell Rowley

Russell Rowley

she has no original ideas. She's still stuck in the fantasy world were any girl can become a princess.

Mar 28 - 09:34 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

A very dull and robotic princess lol

Mar 28 - 01:55 PM

Ana Gonzalez

Ana Gonzalez

Who never has sex

Apr 7 - 10:10 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I don't know about that...

Apr 8 - 06:27 PM

Movie 4.

Movie 43

a lame person

Mar 27 - 07:06 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

Yes, yes you are, Movie 43.

Mar 28 - 10:01 AM

Movie 4.

Movie 43

I know you are. i would rather die than entertain you

Mar 28 - 03:17 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

We already know how fucked up your priorities are, dude.

Mar 28 - 03:25 PM

Movie 4.

Movie 43

says the guy who calls himself alex Maverickk

Mar 28 - 03:26 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Okay, you obviously don't know what the word "priorities" means. And I really don't feel like explaining it. Somebody help me out for Movie 43's sake.

Mar 28 - 03:27 PM

Ryan J.

Ryan Johnson

Says the guy who calls himself Movie 43.

Mar 28 - 03:28 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

Movie 43 did the exact opposite in terms of entertainment. That's why it only has 4% with critics and 32% with RT audiences. You did not entertain me; therefore you must die. Hasta la vista, baby.

Mar 28 - 07:51 PM

Frederic Civish

Frederic Civish

I'm male, hetero, 58 and a long time SF fan. I loved the book because I appreciate the characterization and personalities. Yeah, all of it has been done before, in one way or another, but that is true of nearly EVERYTHING. How many great Romances are really just a retelling of "The Taming of the Shrew" or "Romeo and Juliet" and yet those stories/tropes were already ancient when Shakespeare wrote them. The SF aspects are only important in how they let us explore the characters. The romance didn't 'sizzle' for me, but it was still nice. Rather than people complaining this is "a lame rip-off" and that she should get some new ideas, they should quit ripping off other lame rip-offs that have complained about lame rip-offs forever, and they should get their own ideas about how to criticize or comment rather than continuing to rip-off everyone else. . .

Mar 27 - 12:25 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Your little soliloquy is a rip-off of other soliloquies that defend novels like this.

Mar 27 - 12:28 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I agree with you and honestly I would not be surprised if Meyer's has never heard of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I wish it was more of a rip off of that, then maybe it would have had some social commentary or a point. This is more of a lame rip off of the Giver's cliff notes.

Mar 28 - 11:30 AM

Molly Fontera

Molly Fontera

The point of R&J flew right over your head.

Mar 29 - 08:34 AM

Nicholas Boardman

Nicholas Boardman

To be fair, there were enough interesting elements to the souls to potentially produce a really intriguing SF tale. I mean, it didn't happen that way, but...

Apr 4 - 02:14 AM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

I don't mind if something is ripping off something, as long as I'm entertained. I like The Last Starfighter and it obviously is a rip-off of Star Wars. So I don't mind rip-offs if they are good movies. That's my point of view of movies.

Apr 4 - 08:15 AM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

The difference between this and the examples you listed is the examples you listed were well written and timeless. This will be forgotten in 3 years.

Apr 8 - 01:03 PM

Carol Saunders

Carol Saunders

This is one of my favorite books and I am 63 years old. Very well written. Nothing to do with and nothing similar to the Twilight movies. I am not fond of whining or brooding teenagers. Wanderer (the alien soul in Melanie's body) is a riveting character. I am bored with all of you that shoot it down automatically because it was written by the Twilight author. The story is about Wanderer. I have a feeling that the movie will be more about the human girl whose body Wanderer inhabits but I am keeping an open mind.

Mar 27 - 12:10 PM

Chase The Lost

Sounds revolutionary.

Mar 27 - 12:15 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

I like it when people lie on the internet.

Apr 8 - 01:07 PM

Carol Saunders

Carol Saunders

This is one of my favorite books and I am 63 years old. Very well written. Nothing to do with and nothing similar to the Twilight movies. I am not fond of whining or brooding teenagers. Wanderer (the alien soul in Melanie's body) is a riveting character. I am bored with all of you that shoot it down automatically because it was written by the Twilight author. The story is about Wanderer. I have a feeling that the movie will be more about the body that Wanderer inhabits but I am keeping an open mind.

Mar 27 - 12:07 PM

Dawn Havard

Dawn Havard

But the book was so well written and so good. Still, the few reviews are terrible so I'm thinking "another Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" - shudder!

Mar 27 - 08:28 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

More like another Twilight...

Mar 27 - 08:37 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Yeah right now this movie would beg for the Tomato score of Abraham Lincoln Vampire hunter..also notice the two positive tomatoes are more negative towards the movie then that rotten ones...very weird.

Mar 28 - 11:31 AM

Rj Glenn

Rj Glenn

I love Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It was exactly what I thought it would be and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Mar 28 - 12:32 PM

Shin Devi

Shin Devi

Yeah, the book is so well-written and so good that it even won Delete Key Award in 2009 as the Worst Book of The Year. I state fact. Don't belive me? Google it!

Mar 29 - 09:18 PM

Chase The Lost

Correct.

Mar 27 - 06:17 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile