Really 9%

First thing: I hate "The Twilight saga", I think that is an insult to the mind's viewer. Likewise, Andrew Niccol is one of my favuorite filmaker His movies are a perfect mix between sci - fi and social items.
After watching this rating I just ask myself: Is the movie so Horrible or people destroy it just because is a movie from a Stephanie Meyer's book?
I can't believe that the mind behind "Gattca" or "The Truman Show" has made a movie even worse than "New Moon".
I think many hate it just because is from a Meyer's book ( I repeat, I hate that woman) and not because the movie is so bad. That is what I hope.
Such as "The Last Airbender". I think thet everyone hated it just because was a M. Night Shyamalan movie and not because it was so bad, I mean "Percy Jackson" or "The Sorcere's Apprentice" ar so much more orrible than "The Last Airbender"
Andrea Tesone
03-29-2013 06:50 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Daniel Evan

Daniel Evan

I don't think it's that bad, watched lots of other movies and still don't think this deserves a single digit..

Jun 30 - 11:50 AM

Sean Keenan

Sean Keenan

The dialogue was cringy, the acting poor, the pace slow, no character development, no depth put into the aliens, had that guy of crushed the parasite when he was 'coaxing' it out it would have been interesting and for a moment I genuinely thought that was a possibility. Sadly it went back to beng droll and boring with an ending much like that of 'New Moon' to please every one, with respect to both films the ending is a complete cop out and frankly Meyer or not it was just a shit film, how these keep getting the green flag for production baffles me, have we really ran out of genuine good ideas for films now? I mean rebooting spiderman last year and now superman it's a complete joke.

Apr 29 - 12:59 PM

John Tyler

J *

I prefer The Host over Twilight, but it's still a so-so film.

Apr 23 - 06:31 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

Dude,people hated the Last Airbender because it butchered the source material and no one could act. People don't like this one for the reasons they put in the Tomatometer.

Apr 14 - 01:15 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Oh look!

This thread again.

Apr 14 - 01:08 PM

Amanda Sisler

Amanda Sisler

I think a lot of people are hold a twilight grudge against it and not viewing it with unbiased eyes, it wasnt terrible and i enjoyed watching it. If not for the way to predictable ending it would have been a go to for girls movie night.

Apr 13 - 11:03 PM

Nick Franciosi

Nick Franciosi

Um, no. "The Last Airbender" sucked dick. "Percy Jackson" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" were MUCH better than that load of dogshit, and "The Host", too.

Apr 13 - 04:00 PM

Kayse Ferguson

Kayse Ferguson

Oh, and the Seeker was supposed to have black hair and clothes. Woops.

Apr 13 - 02:18 PM

Kayse Ferguson

Kayse Ferguson

This movie was no masterpiece, but it honestly wasn't half-bad. It was FAR better than Twilight. The only problem I had with it was that there wasn't enough meat in the middle. It was like a cheeseburger with no beef in it. I liked the beginning. There was more sci-fi than romance--which was unintentional, but likable under the circumstances--and I thought it was just a decent, okay movie. I'm shocked it got worse reviews than Twilight. Better story, better dialogue, better characters, better, better, better.

Apr 13 - 02:16 PM

Alec E.

Alec Elsden

I really don't care about whether The Host is similar to Twilight, what I do care about however is the time and money I wasted watching this. I thought Drop Dead Fred was the worst film I've ever seen, but this made Drop Dead Fred seem like Apocalypse Now. It's a shame you can't 'unwatch' somethings.

Apr 13 - 12:53 PM

Jacob Mckee

Jacob Mckee

I love Drop Dead Fred.....So quotable.

Apr 13 - 02:36 PM

Marc Connolly

Marc Connolly

9% is too high. This was Battlefield Earth as written by a 9th grader. In time this will find its place among the worst films of all time.

Mar 31 - 01:27 PM

WS S.

WS Shannon

The Last Airbender was godawful. Horrible dialogue, incredibly predictable and goofy action sequences, idiotic performances, and a terribly brief and incoherent plot which barely developed the characters or story arc. It was absolutely horrible. Percy Jackson wasn't even that bad (it's dialogue and acting was fine), and The Sorcerer's Apprentice was actually decent, it had a good cast and some funny jokes. The fact The Last Airbender is compared to the two films is laughable.

Oh yeah, and if people rated The Host so badly because they are prejudice about Twilight, wouldn't the Twilight movies be around the same in score? I'm sorry to say, but you're topic makes absolutely no sense, and you give no credible reasons in terms of debate and speculation to accuse these critics of anything. Everybody probably hated it because it was dull and bland as hell like the book.

Mar 30 - 10:22 PM

Thomas Carney

Thomas Carney

"Oh yeah, and if people rated The Host so badly because they are prejudice about Twilight, wouldn't the Twilight movies be around the same in score?"

Not really. "The host" doesn't have a following of blood crazed rapid fans that would kill you if you scored it low like Twilight.

Apr 13 - 01:44 AM

Nicholas Boardman

Nicholas Boardman

That would only affect the audience rating, though. The tomatometer shouldn't be affected all that much.

Apr 13 - 11:03 AM

Ariel Facey

Ariel Facey

HEY! Percy Jackson WAS GOOD!!!!!!!!

Mar 29 - 11:24 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

It was okay It just wasn't very true to the book

Mar 30 - 12:03 AM

Molly Fontera

Molly Fontera

In their defense its 13% now! Win?

Mar 29 - 02:46 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

People hated The Last Airbender because it shit all over the original lore and was very poorly written, woodenly acted, and had very silly fight sequences. That's just why I and a few of my friends disliked it.

Mar 29 - 12:16 PM

Andrea Tesone

Andrea Tesone

The Last Airbender was a bad movie, but not so bad. I a, a fan of the animated series and I don't care if Shyamalan has changed the mispronounciaion of the character's name. I know several dialogues were terrible to hear, but it wasn't so bad

Mar 29 - 04:47 PM

Mikey Rainn Novotny

Mikey Rainn Novotny

it was bad. don't defend it it was just bad. It should be a D grade Tv movie

Mar 29 - 05:46 PM

Andrea Tesone

Andrea Tesone

I agree, It was bad (no Kyoshi warriors, no Jet, no Rou) but not so bad. I think it was more a Paramount's fail than Shyamalan. The major cuto out 30 minutes of the movie, including scenes with Jet and Suki

Mar 30 - 04:27 AM

WS S.

WS Shannon

The Last Airbender was godawful. Horrible dialogue, incredibly predictable and goofy action sequences, idiotic performances, and a terribly brief and incoherent plot which barely developed the characters or story arc. It was absolutely horrible. Percy Jackson wasn't even that bad (it's dialogue and acting was fine), and The Sorcerer's Apprentice was actually decent, it had a good cast and some funny jokes. The fact The Last Airbender is compared to the two films is laughable.

Oh yeah, and if people rated The Host so badly because they are prejudice about Twilight, wouldn't the Twilight movies be around the same in the same score? I'm sorry to say, but you're topic makes absolutely no sense, and you give no credible reasons in terms of debate and speculation to accuse these critics of anything. Everybody probably hated it because it was dull and bland as hell like the book.

Mar 30 - 10:22 PM

Bill Shannon

Bill Shannon

If you ACTUALLY read the reviews you'd see the critics give perfectly good reasons why the movie was bad. Some don't even know it's based off from Stephenie Meyer. Personally, I read The Host and I thought it was horrible because there was a severe lack of plot and a forced love square that I didn't give a crap about considering the bigger conflict which SMeyer criminally underdeveloped.

Mar 29 - 10:28 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

8% is much too high.

Mar 29 - 09:45 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I don't know man, the entire premise is horrible. Jelly Fish taking over human beings and then falling in love? You mean to tell me a 2000 year old Jelly fish learns the true meaning of Love from an 18 year old girl? What makes this 1 out of 6 billion 18 year old girls on earth so special? Oh its a Meyers story and we are just suppose to ignore that? Gotcha.

Terrible.

Mar 29 - 08:21 AM

Andrea Tesone

Andrea Tesone

I hoped that Niccol could betray the spirit of the book, many say "Howl's Moving Castle" book is not perfect, but that Miyazaki's adaptation has improved it

Mar 29 - 09:22 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

You make a great point. Me and My kids really like Howl's Moving Castle. The book couldn't hold there interest though. I think this is an excellent example.

Okay, I won't be to harsh about this book. I really do like the cast of this film but so many young actresses from foreign countries star in total Garbage to grab America's attention.

Mar 29 - 12:05 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

really

Mar 29 - 07:46 AM

Patricia L.

Patricia Lamirande

I agree with you, everyone expect it to be awful because of Twilight, and they make their critics this way.

Mar 29 - 07:42 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile