should they make a sequel

i say no.wat do you say
Ethan Tweeter
03-29-2013 03:05 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Samantha Arias

Samantha Arias

I believe that no one wants to see another Twilight rip-off.

Apr 6 - 10:47 PM

Molly Fontera

Molly Fontera

According to this site its made what? $10 million, I think this a fraction of the cost. Including all the ads.

Apr 6 - 08:42 PM

Nicholas Boardman

Nicholas Boardman

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=host2013.htm

Worldwide, it's made atleast $25M; this is likely to go up a bit further after this weekend's numbers come in. Even so, the chances of this movie turning over aprofit are miniscule.

Apr 7 - 12:33 AM

Nicholas Boardman

Nicholas Boardman

I'm pretty sure that the next book hasn't been written yet. In any case, with this movie having flopped so hard I doubt that a sequel will ever get filmed.

I'm actually starting to think that Stephenie Meyer is in serious danger of fading from the spotlight if she doesn't put out something new soon.

Apr 6 - 02:00 AM

Lord Tutweiller

Lord Diego John Tutweiller of Trolldonia

Short answer: No. Long answer: NONONONONONONONONO.

Apr 2 - 06:45 PM

Tyler H.

Tyler H

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel, but this one works just fine as a standalone film. Plus, Meyer would have to write a sequel first. Well, unless Niccol came up with a story of his own. Which I would not be opposed to

Mar 31 - 11:19 AM

Robert Seres

Robert Seres

It's had an underwhelming response despite the marketing push, and the next book hasn't been written yet. Considering the Host was written five years ago, I figure this movie was a guage to see if the series was marketable. I doubt if Meyers will make the next book at this point, let alone have a movie shot.

Mar 31 - 07:22 AM

Shin Devi

Shin Devi

It depends on the money it makes. Even SMeyer, who has written the sequel (it's called The Soul I think) waits this one to be success before publish the sequel. I don't see this will produce a lot of money like Twilight. Mostly because it doesn't has the "guilty pleasure" Twilight has for some people.

Mar 31 - 07:19 AM

David Tanny

Big Fat Jewish Guy

It boils down to how much $$$ it makes.

Mar 29 - 03:20 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Yup. Which it will probably make alot.

Mar 29 - 03:21 PM

David Tanny

Big Fat Jewish Guy

I'm actually having my doubts with this one. I can see it underwhelming at the box office. I'm thinking GI Joe will reign supreme this week. I guess I'll find out Sunday.

Mar 29 - 03:29 PM

Virginia Lee

Virginia Lee

It depends in how busy the Twilight flock is this weekend.

Mar 29 - 04:23 PM

David Tanny

Big Fat Jewish Guy

It'll make the bulk of it's profits opening weekend, and it'll go down like a whore as soon as the target audience has seen it. It doesn't have the appeal Twilight had, and doesn't seem as hyped, so the general public are probably less interested in this. But I could very well eat my words. We'll see.

Mar 29 - 04:28 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I totally agree. Plus there's not enough shirtless dudes for the soccer mom crowd lol

Mar 29 - 04:30 PM

David Tanny

Big Fat Jewish Guy

According to Fandango's "fan-ticipation" meter, The Host is in 4th place with Temptation and The Croods ahead of it, and GI Joe in the lead.

Mar 29 - 04:47 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Interesting...

Mar 29 - 04:53 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile