Critic Review - Projection Booth

For those unacquainted with the novel, it's a narratively unsatisfying - not to mention visually static - affair, regardless of how much Jennifer Lawrence holds her own.

April 13, 2012 | Comments (34)
Projection Booth

Comments

mskeezer

Thomas Medford

You only waited 3 weeks to post this. Bravo, dickhead!

Apr 13 - 11:21 AM

CherryPop

Cherry Pop

You know, not everyone has the money to go see a movie right when it comes out. Now who's the dickhead?

Apr 15 - 05:45 PM

Jasper Willows

Jasper Willows

Yes but his feelings got hurt when a reviewer didn't like his favourite, best ever, forever, best movie of all time!!! Go easy on the little kiddies, their feelings get hurt very easily...

Aug 16 - 06:14 PM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Sure, there are problems with the camera, but it's the story and characters that matter, and The Hunger Games accomplishes both of those exceptionally well. The movie faithfully adapts Suzanne Collins's modern classic into a powerful, thrilling, well-acted movie where all the great aspects more than make up for the few flaws.

Apr 13 - 03:59 PM

Stephen Jones

Stephen Jones

Hi Nick. Darn, I don't know. Maybe I was in a funky mood or something. I read the book, and I know "the book is always better than the movie", but in this film I saw no character development, I thought it was cheaply made.....I don't know, it just seemed like a really bad movie. Someone told me they rushed to get this done....

Aug 21 - 11:58 AM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

You're the idiot who says that Sucker Punch is better than Inception. You should be stung by Tracker Jackers until you beg for mercy twice.

Apr 13 - 04:00 PM

This comment has been removed.

Luvagoo

Tallulah Robinson

How very mature of you.

Apr 14 - 08:41 AM

Nizam Hasan

Nizam Hasan

Rob Humanick is totally a loser. LOL
Your comment so not matured.
Who's listen to you anyways. You just a loser wanted some attention and pathetic sympathy.

Apr 14 - 10:11 AM

CherryPop

Cherry Pop

LOL

Apr 15 - 05:45 PM

Timo Hellmund

Timo Hellmund

If you do not see Ms. Lawrance did an outstanding performance on that and that only watching her cannot make this movie boring, well... then you should quit your job. Because then you are blind.

Apr 14 - 04:39 AM

CherryPop

Cherry Pop

You know people have OPINIONS, right?

Apr 15 - 05:47 PM

mskeezer

Thomas Medford

He posted his opinion THREE WEEKS after that movie was released. He's just a smug douchbag that was looking at the Tomato Meter one day and thought, "Hmmm, what can we do about that 85% rating? I know! I'll post a negative review even though the movie came out 3 weeks ago and that should drop it down to 84%. GENIUS!!!"

Apr 16 - 11:24 AM

doki doki bleat

Briana Bolling

ikr, and if you notice he posted a review on The Fly an astonishingly 53 years after it came out, but it's the internet whadyagunnado?

Apr 20 - 02:01 AM

Sam Smith

Sam Smith

the film is rubbish get over it you fag

Apr 25 - 11:03 AM

Tim Francis Namoc

Tim Francis Namoc

Your logic is fucking stupid. You know, if that even counts as logic. I'm a big fan of the novels, but honestly, boredom fought me to the death.

May 12 - 11:23 PM

Ariel Mayer

Ariel Mayer

I agree Rob 100% a stupid movie and a waste of time!

Apr 18 - 01:29 PM

Evan Snyder

Evan Snyder

your name is Ariel...and ur a guy....ur a waste of time

May 30 - 10:30 PM

Kassem Jaber

Kassem Jaber

Ariel is a guy's name too, fucking dumbshit. Also If you're go to insult someone, come up with some more clever than making fun of their name like a 5 year old.

Jun 16 - 12:13 PM

Jacob Ramada

Jacob Ramada

totally agree with you man.. fucking waste of money

Aug 13 - 03:16 PM

Jasper Willows

Jasper Willows

Agreed, way over rated and boring. Thought it would be better, but of course when you have such a blind following, it wouldn't have mattered if they stared at a turd for 2 hours, they would have stilled loved it, like OMG, that was the best movie EVER!!!

Aug 16 - 06:20 PM

Josh Leitzel

Josh Leitzel

I loved that movie.

Apr 21 - 02:19 PM

Le'Chel Wright

Le'Chel Wright

I agree that it lacked what the novel brought to us. I was actually disappointed in this movie and I was very hyped up (especially with all the promos) over it. Either my expectations were built much too high, or there really was a loss of the depth behind the novel. I do understand that a first person narrative is probably a lot harder to convert into a movie, but I still felt this movie could have been much, much more, especially from a literary point of view.

Apr 21 - 08:43 PM

Robert Blair

Robert Blair

I also went into this nonsense without reading the book and it was almost impossible to keep my eyes open.

May 4 - 08:43 AM

John Heathcott

John Heathcott

book is much better, but watching the movie first helped me understand the book better... and I am not a book reader. Also the movie was very shaky and Katniss didnt have a personality. The book explains the movie in much more detail. I still enjoyed both tho.

May 12 - 06:44 AM

Tim Dyson

Tim Dyson

Those who can do, those who can't write film reveiws.

May 31 - 10:45 PM

Ryan Warwick

Ryan Warwick

I agree, but this one was instantly forgetful. stop. this proves what happens when the female plays hero

Jun 29 - 09:11 AM

McLovin

Johnathan Kirk

Not fully, but I agree a bit...

The book and the film was very predictable, and the lack of action and sell out age rating also mean tit wasn't as amazing

But regardless I did like it and Catching Fire was incredible and unpredictable and action packed so lets hope it can improve with its few flaws

PS: Its OK to disagree with a critic but what's the point in offending them for their opinion! Behave!

Jun 30 - 06:51 AM

Newjersey Devilin

Newjersey Devilin

Hunger Games was basically stolen from the novel written by Koushun Takami "Battle Royale". The original movie also Japanese in 2000 most people have never seen.

Jul 26 - 07:53 AM

Mdj Foad

Mdj Foad

Durp what a suck review. I wonder if your reviews suck balls as well

Aug 5 - 07:40 AM

Sunny D

Sonny Cooper

Did hunger Games entertain..Yup...
Worth seeing...yup
Masterpiece...nope
Who cares? Not me.

Aug 8 - 09:06 AM

Jacob Ramada

Jacob Ramada

movie is for the hunger games fanatics ONLY. i never enjoyed seeing teens killing each other for a FREAKING food.i cant believe this is PG-13.. and what's with the weird fashion??i feel like we were the spoiled insensitive rich in the movie wanted to see young teen killing each other fancy arena. this is all wrong.

Aug 13 - 03:14 PM

Stephen Jones

Stephen Jones

You wrote my exact sentiments.

Aug 21 - 11:54 AM

Bill Windle

Bill Windle

I totally agree with this review. Had I known that this movie (and series of books for that matters) was intended for young teens, I would never have even wasted my time watching it.

And for those calling this series a "modern classic" - are you kidding?? The books are horrible unless you want to learn about yet another teenager's tough decisions on love...yawn.

Sep 6 - 08:58 AM

Richard Curtis

Richard Curtis

Searingly poor film adaptation - incredible leaps of imagination required and poor emotional development of the characters. Unbelievable plot, to boot! This is merely eye candy for star struck celeb chasers. In a word, crap.

Oct 14 - 01:55 PM