Not seen it and wont. People died on that day - sick

sick movie. people makin money out of other peoples tragedy.
Jenny Rampling
01-1-2013 04:41 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

D.j. Nichols

D.j. Nichols

Based on your logic, how about we boycott Schindler's List, United 93, World Trade Center, and other movies of sorts? The whole theme of this movie is where there is tragedy, there is also triumph. It's not about money. It's about THE IMPOSSIBLE true story of a family separated by a tsunami and their survival and reunion. You are obviously ignorant to the whole point of this movie.

Apr 27 - 06:46 AM

D.j. Nichols

D.j. Nichols

Based on your logic, how about we boycott Schindler's List, United 93, World Trade Center, and other movies of sorts? The whole theme of this movie is where there is tragedy, there is also triumph. It's not about money. It's about THE IMPOSSIBLE true story of a family separated by a tsunami and their survival and reunion. You are obviously ignorant to the whole point of this movie.

Apr 27 - 06:46 AM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

This movie wasn't completely made to make money. I will admit that was a part of it, but it was also to remember what happened and to strive to build from it like other movies such as Schindler's List and United 93. Sure people died, but it's a part of history and we have to face it and remember it no matter how tragic.

Apr 21 - 09:03 AM

Vinayaka Bhat

Vinayaka Bhat

It's not money making... See it as the way of remembering the tragidy, mourning for the people who lost... It's a Movie based on true events, if u ignore such ones, u would be missing lots then..

Apr 6 - 06:33 AM

Sasha Turvey

Sasha Turvey

How can you people say this movie is racist? It quite clearly shows us scenes of people from many different cultures who were affected by this disaster. And yes, people died, but in my opinion, this film actually serves as a way of remembering and ackowledging all who were lost in the devastating tsunami. Seriously, get a grip.

Feb 16 - 08:50 PM

John Billing

John Billing

A tragedy that was told sensitively - the family represented many families and people who struggled to survive and tell what happened

Feb 15 - 07:14 PM

Rich Gehring Jr.

Rich Gehring Jr.

If you don't watch films that deal with an actual tragic event you will miss a lot of good movies.

Jan 25 - 10:51 PM

Frank Gallagher

Frank Gallagher

so no ww1 or ww2 movies either? my sister in laws twin died in this. it is part of history. also showing people in a movie that when the sea recedes like that RUN LIKE HELL. that alone is worth making the movie

Jan 14 - 02:31 PM

Ana Gordon

Ana Gordon

To Jenny Rampling that's what all the war movies, pearl harbor, 9-11...heck even the dropping of the atmoic bomb movies are for. It's nothing new. Plus this happened 8 years ago how many people still think about it or even remember that this happened?

Jan 7 - 09:25 PM

Becky Kersten

Becky Kersten

The millions and millions of friends, relatives and acquaintances of the quarter of a million who died across the whole span of the Indian Ocean. Do they count?

Jan 10 - 11:21 AM

Craig R.

Craig Robinson

Nope, because they weren't white.

Jan 11 - 05:08 AM

Adam McCaffrey

Adam McCaffrey

I would consider this an amazing tribute to those who have died,This is a side of the trdgety that hardly anyone has seen, i think it would have been an insult to those people if it wasn't shown

Jan 6 - 05:43 PM

Craig R.

Craig Robinson

It is an insult, because it stars white people. It's actually a terrible tribute. This might be the most racist film made in a long time.

Jan 11 - 05:09 AM

Philip Bray-Wilson

Philip Bray-Wilson

Why are you a racist who hates white people? If I replaced the word white with black in all your comments you would sound even nastier than you already do. You criticise the film for not caring about the locals but you clearly dont care about the westerners who died. Hypocrite.

Jan 12 - 06:24 PM

Ryan Legleiter

Ryan Legleiter

I didnt find anything racist about it, it showed everyone coming together helping everyone out, like the locals who tore down a door to use as a stretcher. And it was based off a real story, so they were white in real life, but nonetheless, the movie didnt focus on race, but on the survival of a family, which is what many had to go through then. Obviously, you yourself must have racial issues to spot "racism" in a film.

Jul 30 - 12:36 AM

Nathali Lima

Nathali Lima

Did you watch Titanic?

Jan 6 - 01:00 PM

Vilnis S.

Vilnis Schulz

Or Bambi?

Jan 7 - 09:06 PM

Wendy Schmidt

Wendy Schmidt

There have been a lot of films based on wars and disasters and family tragedies. So basically it's Mary Poppins. Cause ya can't even watch, The Sound of Music since that is based on the story of a family escaping Nazi occupation or Gone with the Wind because of the whole slavery situation. I don't think film is suppose to avoid looking at the hard stuff and there are many fine documentaries that do just that. Otherwise, a lot of these stories never get told and they deserve a voice.

Jan 5 - 09:52 AM

Anonymous #.

Anonymous #1

Well, this is a family who survived the tragedy. So its their true story of what happened.

Jan 4 - 08:24 AM

Jonny Turner

Jonny Turner

So I guess you've never watched Schindler's List then? You're missing out.

Jan 4 - 01:47 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile