Well, yeah.

One reviewer who rottened it said you can't stop thinking of all the other people's stories that won't get told. Of course, that is kind of a given in most of these situations. You can't tell all the stories in movie form, it would be an incredibly long film. But, I do remember this particular one because these people, like many others, went through hell to find each other. No miracles here, just quick survival skills and a bit of luck. Nobody would ever dare to say it's a miracle they survived because that takes away from the ones who didn't. But I think the story needs to be told.
Wendy Schmidt
01-5-2013 09:42 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Craig R.

Craig Robinson

Here Wendy, this is what the reviewer actually meant: From Devin Faraci "I want to try a thought experiment here. Imagine if a Thai company made a movie about 9/11, and that movie was specifically about the experiences of a Thai family in Tower One. Don?t worry, it?s not a bummer - it?s an uplifting story of how these people escaped death and got home safely. But imagine that, in this Thai movie, every character is Thai. There are white people running around in the background, and two of them have a couple of lines, but every single character in this story about the attack on the World Trade Center is Thai."

It must be nice to be so naive.

Jan 11 - 05:19 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile