Critics Consensus: The Impossible is Certified Fresh

Summary

This week at the multiplex, we've got a family in peril ("The Impossible," starring Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor), a town versus a corporation ("Promised Land," starring Matt Damon and John Krasinski), and killer with a chainsaw ("Texas Chainsaw 3D," starring Alexandra Daddario and Tremaine "Trey Songz" Neverson). Find out what the critics have to say! Back to Article

Comments

Daniel Irwin

Daniel Irwin

But what about "Zero Dark Thirty" next weekend? Then, we'll have some real competition I think.

Jan 4 - 05:13 PM

Daniel Irwin

Daniel Irwin

I wonder what the T-meter scores for the other Chainsaw films were?

Jan 4 - 05:13 PM

Fourteenyearold

Louie 098

Bummer, that Zero Dark Thirty will be released next friday and django unchained is on april 10,2013! WTF. and life of pi is on january 9 and also silver linings playbook on february 27,2013 :((

Jan 4 - 08:07 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

26% for Chainsaw 3D.

Jan 4 - 08:25 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

I am really hoping Gangster Squad turns out to be awesome. The trailer looks good overall (a few parts look a little wonky, though), and I love the cast, but the January release date and a hit and miss director makes me cautious. The cast and the original September release date are the main things that gie me hope it will not be bad.

Jan 4 - 08:27 PM

Howard Weiner

Howard Weiner

"The Impossible" was released here in Thailand about a month ago. We saw it and were devastated.The special effects during the tsunami are so well done that you're swept away with the water, too, Sometimes unbearably horrible to watch. 4.5 stars out of 5.

Jan 5 - 01:22 AM

George Patchell

George Patchell

And the award for Poster that Tells Audiences Nothing About the Film it's Advertising goes to..... Promised Land.

Jan 6 - 12:13 AM

Jason Lalljee

Jason Lalljee

I saw Zero Dark Thirty this weekend (I love living in New York). Definitely a must-watch.

Jan 6 - 03:46 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships