43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

—— Jonah From Tonga: Season 1
86% The Knick: Season 1

The Imposter Reviews

August 4, 2014
Can't even begin to explain this story. This is a must see if you are a documentary fan or a fan of mysteries. Crazy!
July 28, 2014
One of the best documentaries I have ever seen. The story was absolutely insane and keeps you guessing throughout.
August 19, 2013
While the story is an intriguing one and the execution of it through actual footage and reenactments and interviews works very well; I felt that I knew what was going to happen next throughout a big portion of its viewing.
July 27, 2014
This documentary continued to get weirder and weirder which engaged me more and more. This is one of the most fascinating true stories you'll see
July 20, 2014
El impostor es un documental que se permite la libertad de re crear ciertas secuencias de esta aterradora historia mediante los personajes reales que la vivieron en carne propia. Este recurso, no resulta tan afortunado en ocasiones pues no es una historia muy agradable, esta llena de mentiras y adicionalmente no tiene un final feliz. El impostor parece una mezcla de la ficcion que proponen series actuales como True Detective (2014) y documentales de profunda investigacion como West Of Memphis (2012).
July 17, 2014
"The Imposter" makes Leonardo DiCaprio's deception in "Catch Me If You Can" look amateur. Leo's story was fiction, and "The Imposter"'s is real. What makes this story superior to the great Director Spielberg's story is that it is true. Absolutely chilling and at times shocking.
TheFeldster
July 14, 2014
Now, this. This is a documentary done completely and utterly right. I'm going to come clean, I was only watching this little film in the first place because it was available on ABC iView, and I needed something to happen in the background to distract me from some work. Documentary films usually work well for that.

This one... it did not. It's impossible to not be sucked in by the narrative that this documentary tells, beginning with a troubled young man in Spain, who decides to take the identity of a missing Texan teenager.

Interviews with the con-artist himself, Frederic Bourdin, as well as with the family he put himself into and the investigators who worked on the case help to punctuate a series of dramatic reenactments that add clarity and atmosphere to this true life story.

Certainly, there's enough twists and turns within the film itself that you could be forgiven for forgetting the true crime aspect to this film, but it tells a truly remarkable and gobsmacking story. A classic doco.
July 9, 2014
THE IMPOSTER is a chilling factual thriller that chronicles the story of a 13-year-old boy who disappears without a trace from San Antonio, Texas in 1994. Three and a half years later he is found alive, thousands of miles away in a village in southern Spain with a story of kidnapping and torture. His family is overjoyed to bring him home. But all is not quite as it seems. The boy bears many of the same distinguishing marks he always had, but why does he now have a strange accent? Why does he look so different? Any why doesn't the family seem to notice these glaring inconsistencies? It's only when an investigator starts asking questions that this strange tale takes an even stranger turn.
July 4, 2014
Fascinating story - cleverly made documentary
June 30, 2014
the maker of this awkwardly 're-staged' documentary-ish(?) movie did an amazing job of fooling the critics into not recognizing what a slick, half-baked mess it actually is.
June 29, 2014
So interesting....but leaves you wondering what really happened!! Sadly, I do not think we will ever know.....
Ellen T.
June 28, 2014
Fantastic, true story! To think that people fell for him, is incredible!
June 28, 2014
Absolutely superb! To think people fell for this guy....wow, well done!
July 16, 2013
This is just mind blowing that someone could impersonate a lost child. This family was covering up something. They knew what happened to their child (he was killed) to allow this impersonator to continue being an imposter. Especially the Uncle who knew from day one that this person was an imposter and didn't speak up and tell the rest of the family. Why? Because he has something to do with the child's death.
June 19, 2014
Who do you believe.. who do you believe???
June 13, 2014
Fictional work often loses creditability the more unbelievable it gets, but the stranger a documentary is, the more compelling it becomes. This is true in this story of an imposter who takes advantage of a family whose son went missing. Certainly limited in its access to primary source and lacks the emotional shock value achieved in other documentaries recently seen (i.e. 'Blackfish' and 'Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about his Father'). However, 'The Imposter' should have you on the edge of your seat as it nears towards a possibly intriguing revelation concerning the family and the origins of the imposter.
June 1, 2014
Genial, mindfuck, must-see.
May 30, 2014
Most boring movie ever made
May 15, 2014
Absolutely petrifying. How is this not a real movie?
May 8, 2014
From the clinical point of view, I'm awed by the depth of damage to F.B, the excessive sense of regression and the need to create so many IDs in such short time span. Yet again, the most amusing secret lays inside Nic's family, this family which has been operating on impulses and these people who have been functioning on unconscious levels for such a long time.