"The Incredible Hulk" Has A Villain!

Tim Roth is poised to battle Ed Norton's Bruce Banner in the re-imagining/sequel to 2003's "Hulk," in which he'll play ex-KGB supervillain Emil Blonsky...AKA Abomination!

According to comics lore, baddie Blonsky turns into the Hulk-like mean machine known as Abomination after deliberately exposing himself to the same radiation that transformed Banner. Unlike the Hulk, Abomination can't revert to human form and consequently blames Banner for his condition.

Fans familiar with the comics plotline know that Abomination is involved with both Bruce Banner/Hulk and his leading lady, Betty Ross (we won't say any more), but who knows what screenwriter Zak Penn ("X2," "X-Men: The Last Stand") has got covered in his script.

Roth in this month's "Even Money"

What we do know now is that the story will pick up with Banner on the run from the military, trying to find a cure for his affliction along the way. Liv Tyler is onboard to star as Betty Ross, and "Transporter" director Louis Leterrier is at the helm.

Filming is set to begin in June, with a June 13, 2008 release planned.

Source: Variety

Comments

blank blank

bob jones

roth is a good actor, but im sure its all up to the CGI

May 9 - 01:49 PM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

At least there will be some good action. Hopefully.

May 9 - 02:15 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is GREAT news.

May 9 - 02:19 PM

Decade_e_a

Aaron Senters

[b]YEAH![/b]
Listen here, folks! If you think that this movie is going to be bad, FUCK YOU! Ed Norton and Tim Roth facing eachother, with the director of 2 of the most ballin' action movies (not that they're GOOD, more that they're just REALLY entertaining, and I like action flicks that have a lot of martial arts-style fighting) ever made.

Check this : So we get this fuckin skinny-ass Ed Norton, and this skinny-ass Tim Roth to get some kickass scenes when they BEEF UP! COME ON! And they're using the most kickass villain in the whole Hulk Comic World.

There is no way this movie can be bad. No way.

>>===aaron==>

May 9 - 02:22 PM

TheDon1010

Donnie Williams

Tim Roth.........where have you been?

May 9 - 02:32 PM

Iamcool2007

kaluram chaloo

[b]^ he was waiting for the right opportunity[/b]
he got one.

May 9 - 02:36 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

Great actors, everyone involved, except the hack screenwriter could drag everyone down easily. Good luck.

May 9 - 02:46 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

this is great news! dream pairing of great actors! now we just need christian bale to sign on. oh wait, he's already doing a comic book movie.

May 9 - 02:52 PM

FILMCZY

First Last

Please just make sure the CGI doesn't look as fake as the first (which I felt was its downfall).

May 9 - 03:50 PM

MovieSamurai

j _

I didn't think it looked fake, because have you seen a giant green dude running around the Bay or anywhere? I don't mean to be sarcastic or mean to your comment but (and a big J-Lo butt) I found the effects and style of the film to be good.

May 9 - 06:29 PM

jeremyd4

jeremy d

yeah, I thought the cgi was great in the first one - it was exactly what i thought Hulk should look like.

May 9 - 10:40 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

hmm....... could be good.......... hopefully there is more bang and less mouth.

May 9 - 06:07 PM

MovieSamurai

j _

May 9 - 06:29 PM

John E.Nigma

Michael Woodring

I didn't think Eric Bana was that bad as The Hulk but you cannot go wron Edward Norton and Tim Roth. I just wish it was a different movie though.

May 9 - 07:32 PM

Herberbaly

Greg White

This is fixing to be one helluva cool flick. As for the individual who is worried that Zak Penn will screw up the screenplay, do you really think Norton (arguably the best actor of his generation) would sign on to do a flick that wasn't going to be amazing?

May 9 - 10:20 PM

tyler8186

Tyler Peterson

(arguably the best actor of his generation)

ugh.. that made me cringe

May 9 - 10:32 PM

tyler8186

Tyler Peterson

(arguably the best actor of his generation)

ugh.. that made me cringe

May 9 - 10:32 PM

jeremyd4

jeremy d

May 9 - 10:40 PM

ffamilyguy

Tyson Thomas

[b]ROTH[/b]
Tim Roth is an excellent actor. If anyone is bored one night, get the movie "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead". It is a spoof of Hamlet, Roth and Gary Oldman are in it. Roth is excellent of course, but Goldman really steals the show on this one, he is freakin histerical. If you don't know the story to Hamlet, you wouldn't enjoy it. Give it a try!

May 9 - 11:18 PM

dontdoghb

tim bob

Tim Roth should have been the JOKER in the dark knight.

May 10 - 01:09 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Yeah, he would have made an interesting Joker. But we all pretty much know how he would have played him. With Ledger we're likely in for a pleasant surprise.

Roth as Blonsky though? Priceless.

May 10 - 04:50 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Roth as Blonsky though? Priceless.

May 10 - 04:50 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

I'm looking forward to this movie, but MAN I wish they didn't go with Liv Tyler. Still a horrible choice.

May 10 - 05:54 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

Wow, I just keep looking foreward to this movie more and more. When I heard they were going to make another Hulk movie after the first piece of crap I couldn't have cared less but this is shaping up damn well. I like everyone involved, Roth is great and will do a great job in this.

May 10 - 11:12 AM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast