The Incredible Mr. Limpet Reviews

May 16, 2009
Pretty bad...did anyone notice that Mrs. Limpet's voice sounded like the Target lady from SNL?
½ January 14, 2012
Silly? Yes. Odd? Yes. Occasionally dull? Yes. Do I kind of like it? Yes. Don Knotts stars as a man who really wants to join the Navy, but is not up to snuff. He instead gets magically transformed into an animated fish. As you do. It is a really goofy plot, and sadly in spite of its mixture of live action and animation, it tends to not be all that fun or magical. There is some childhood thing about it for me, but if you didn't see this as a kid I don't see how you'd fall for it now.
July 9, 2007
If you haven't done so, share this one with your children. They will enjoy it as much as I did in my younger years. Still one of my favorites.
November 27, 2011
This is a unique premise with extremely cheesy and unengaging presentation. It's half live-action, half-cartoon, and neither really works to the full effect. Right when I warm up to Mr. Limpet as a human, he transforms and the film becomes something different. The best parts of the film come from seeing Don Knotts' character on screen, and obviously this is an impossibility because most of his screen time is as a cartoony fish. Anyway, there are some funny moments, but mostly this is trite. Not a film that has passed the test of time.
October 2, 2008
This is a most wonderful movie for all ages. Limpet lives in a world that revolves around fish. One day his wish comes true. Fron the love of his wife to the love of Lady Fish. Love the little lobster he befriends. He becomes a major player in the military as he helps them find the enemy. See how he evolved from a man to a fish in this movie. Now he is truly a happy man uhh fish.
April 6, 2008
This was an alright movie. The animation wasn't half bad which made the movie a little better. I loved Crusty! He was the best thing about the movie so I wish he was in it more! It did make me laugh a few times. Not a bad movie to see.
May 20, 2007
What a great movie...I haven't seen this film in forever and a day...But I loved it when I saw it as a kid..This was just an awesome movie!!!
½ May 5, 2007
i love anything Don Knotts is in , he's right up there with John Wayne as a fav actor
April 30, 2007
My favorite of the Don Knotts movies, which he yearns to see how fish live. And by a freak accident off the Conney Island pier, he becomes a fish that ends up helping the navy fight the Nazi's in WWII. The movie is shot in two formats, Live Action for humans, and animation for the underwater storyline. This is another great family movie that was destined to be remade with Jim Carrey, but never did happen.
April 30, 2007
Don Knots is just awsome in this movie, charming and funny you will want to watch it with the family time and time again.
April 18, 2007
I don't really like this movie. I suppose it was just because I was a real young kid when I watched it.
½ February 4, 2007
This movie is over 40 years old and Don Knotts is YOUNG in it. It's not bad considering how long ago it was made.
½ February 2, 2007
Loved this flick when I was a kid. Now Don Knotts grates on my nerves a bit. It's still fun to watch if you're in the right mood . . .
½ November 29, 2006
Surprisingly, this movie is just as fascinating for adults as children. With catchy music and acting that makes this absurb plot believeable, this movie warms the heart. It also gives way to some interesting thought...
½ December 21, 2014
A really freaking weird movie. Unintentionally creepy and absurd.... very different that's for sure. A man turned into a fish and is helping find nazi subs? If you think that'll be interesting....ehhh...you can check it out once... only if you are very bored....like I was
December 6, 2014
The most powerful WWII tale of heroism ever committed to screen! Okay, not really, but Don Knotts plays the nebbish Mr. Limpet who want to join the military to help the war effort, but is 4F. He also has a lifelong love with fish and longs to be one. One day he gets his wish and becomes an animated fish who, along with the help of Navy buddy Jack Weston, then helps to destroy the German U-boat fleet. It's an entertaining enough of children's film and it's one that blew my mind as a child. It doesn't quite hold up today as being quite as mind-blowing, but Knotts and Weston are very likable and it's solid family entertainment.
June 13, 2014
A very strange premise--bookkepper turns into animated fish with booming fish call to hunt down Nazi U-boats...it's as strange as it sounds. Charming for young kids if you can ignore all the depth charges and U-boat deaths. Launched Knotts into film, last Warner Brothers animation studio film.
½ November 22, 2013
One of my favorite movies growing up. Loved the original story and superb animation.
½ November 3, 2013
I was only 2 when this came out and I so wanted to be a fish.
September 14, 2013
OMG!!! I JUST READ THAT WARNER BROTHERS HAVE SETTLED ON ZACH WHATS HIS NAME TO PLAY HENRY LIMPET IN THE MR. LIMPET REMAKE. WTH?!?!?! I really need to be casting ALL of HOLLYWOOD. I can think of ONE MUCH MUCH MUCH better actor for the part and several others that would be better. Warner Brothers doesn't know what the hell they're doing.