• PG-13, 1 hr. 59 min.

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Internship Reviews

Sam B

May 3, 2014
Some of the jokes actually hit their mark, but overall The Internship is so cliche-ridden and unimaginative that nobody wins. Not even Google.
Cynthia S

January 6, 2014
Funny, funny stuff. It's been quite awhile since I have heartily laughed while watching a Vince Vaughn film...but this one did it for me. There is something that really works when Vaughn and Wilson do movies together. The chemistry just works so well, and is so engaging and interesting. This fun movie has a strong message about the advantages of being a bit older, and perhaps a little less techy. With experience comes knowledge, in my book. Plus, seeing the inside of a Google establishment (which in my dreams is accurate), was a whole lot of fun!!
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

December 22, 2013
three stars
Spencer M

October 25, 2013
If the goal was to pack as many comedy, feel-good film cliches into 2 hours then everyone involved did a terrific job here
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

July 18, 2013
Hiring them was a brilliant mistake.

Good feel good comedy! It was humorous and I could connect with the nerd references in the film which I found to be very funny. More than it was funny, it was refreshing. The film felt modern and was spot on about society and how it works today. The settings themselves will have you in awe at just how cool they are. All the characters were lovable as well and strayed from what I had first expected in a good way. I mean, it was impossible to not connect with them, if not at least one. The film contained that basic underdog story line but the way they executed this story line was different and I appreciated it. This isn't a film that has the biggest climax or heartfelt ending, but it will keep you smiling the entire time. A very entertaining movie through and through.

Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) are salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital world. Trying to prove they are not obsolete, they defy the odds by talking their way into a coveted internship at Google, along with a battalion of brilliant college students. But, gaining entrance to this utopia is only half the battle. Now they must compete with a group of the nation's most elite, tech-savvy geniuses to prove that necessity really is the mother of re-invention.
Nicki M

June 24, 2013
I lasted an hour. This really bored the crap out of me. Not funny, too long and just not interesting. And this was stuck on a plane for 5 hours with nothing better on offer - I still preferred to switch it off and watch sit coms I have seen before. Not good.
Phil H

October 3, 2013
Vaughn and Wilson are back together yet again in yet another screwy comedy that really feels totally dated, what year are we in here 2000?!. Straight away I can tell you this film is a complete waste of time and money which feels nothing more than a big advert for Google.

The story follows two middle aged blokes who become unemployed so they try their luck in an internship programme with Google. The fact these guys are clearly out of place and ten times older than everyone within this programme doesn't phase them as they go for broke to try and gain full time employment. Do they achieve their goal?? well that's the million dollar question isn't...yes they do, of course they do, this film is the most cliched predictable piece of crud I've seen in a long time. Oh yeah spoiler...ah whatever.

Google have really scored here, they have managed to get themselves a two hour in your face promotional campaign that has their company name in virtually every scene. If you didn't know about Google before you sure as hell do now, I think the word 'Google' must have been used a gazillion times.

There is literately nothing to laugh at in this entire film, everything you see is just a tired rehash from every other Vaughn/Wilson comedy. The two leads play exactly the same type of characters we've seen over and over again which they do well sure but its just soooooooo old now. The rest of the cast are a bunch of unknown kids that you don't give a crap about, couldn't care a less whether they get these jobs or not...even though we know damn well they will.

I'm not even sure what level this film is aimed at. At first I thought it was a gentle comedy for all ages with nothing threatening at all, no bad language or toilet humour etc...Then slap bang in the middle there is a sequence within a strip club with full on boobies and ass action that is most definitely adults only!. Its quite a departure from the rest of the film which is a light hearted boring wet mess.

Basically you've seen this film before, the plot is completely predictable right from the start, no surprises. The characters are cliched and unoriginal, every turning point in the film is unexciting, generic and unoriginal, Wilson still has that stupid soppy hairstyle, its not funny, its not entertaining, its just a sneaky corporate recruitment video. Come work for Google and have all the fun and success that Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn had in the coolest working environment ever!...(fun, success and cool working environment not guaranteed).
Eliza N

July 25, 2013
Watch it in the cinema! I promise that you'll have a blast!
Carlos M

July 4, 2013
Even if definitely predictable and formulaic, this is a decent movie that delivers a fair amount of laughs and makes for a good time - and it has its heart in the right place and does not insult our intelligence like most comedies today.
Dr114
Dr114

June 15, 2013
It may sound foolish that I saw this movie with This Is The End and Man of Steel currently in the theaters, but I have all summer to see those movies. What can say about The Internship besides that it was one long, predictable Google ad. It was filled with cliche after cliche and trope on trope and Google product after Google product. But besides this familiarity it was still fun and filled with charm. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn carry this movie really well. It looked like they were having fun making it. I liked the theme of positive thinking vs. cynical mind set (Silver Linings Playbook did it better though). Overall: Cliched, predictable and chock full of hollow pop culture references ("Get it? Because they're the misfits!?" -This Movie), it still had charm to spare. It was a fun time at the theaters. Letter Grade: C+ (Also, it had a pretty funny cameo. I wont ruin the surprise though.)
Eric A

June 13, 2013
Hmphhh.... I am extremely let down. I, along with about everyone else, expected a Wedding Crashers like performance from these two. We got none of it, and except got a PG-13 rated child's comedy. However, even with all that just said, I enjoyed the movie more than I disliked it, so for that reason, it passes.
Everett J

June 8, 2013
"Wedding Crashers" is one of the best comedies in the last 10 years. So, when I heard of this I was like "sweet!", but the trailers just looked "meh". Figured I would give it a shot, and I'm really glad I did. This was much better than I expected, even if it is a 2 hour commercial for Google. Long story short Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson play salesmen who lose their jobs and take an internship with Google in the hopes of landing a job. From there the movie writes itself. Their old, teach the young guys to live life, and have to overcome kids who are way more qualified than them for the job. As generic as it really is, Vaughn and Wilson make it work out ok. Their chemistry is still great and they make an awesome comedic duo. This is a PG-13 movie, so it's a lot more tame than "Crashers" and much lighter, but it's still a decent comedy. This is actually better than "Hangover 3" in terms of comedies so far this Summer. This is perfect for a one time watch to just relax and enjoy a light comedy. It probably won't have any long term effect, but for a couple hours, it's solid entertainment.
Markus Emilio Robinson
June 5, 2013
There is no denying that "The Internship" is one big advertisement for Google. There is also no denying that it does star the only actor arguably more annoying than Adam Sandler. But even so, that doesn't take away from my solemn guarantee that even the most cynical out there will find humor in this PG-13 comedy.
Truthfully, going into this Vince Vaughn led production (as he also takes writing credits) I was more than a little skeptical, since (as an actor) Vaughn is a comedic one trick pony. And this quick talking "trick", while somewhat funny within the confines of the early 2000's, if not diluted, is played out in 2013. But, luckily for the millions who will undoubtedly be dragged to watch this movie, the supporting cast steals the show (especially Tobit Raphael who plays Yo-Yo Santos, delivering most of the laugh out loud lines) and takes much of the comedic weight off of Vaughn's shoulders. Owen Wilson also does his part to thankfully take some of the spotlight off of Vaughn. And even if you hate him as an actor, it is undeniable that Wilson, playing the "straight man" to Vaughn's "wacky giant" does work in this forum; no matter how much you don't think it will.
Yeah, I know the trailers look awful, but trust me, there are some laugh out loud bits sprinkled throughout "The Internship" (especially when Wilson and Vaughn step onto the Google campus) which are surprisingly well written and executed. That said, during the moments when I wasn't laughing "The Internship" did feel very formulaic, as if director Shawn Levy (Date Night) was ticking off boxes from an imaginary "buddy comedy" checklist. Example: First act, two old guys get in a situation where they must interact with young people. Check! Act two they find that they are out of their league and give up. Check! In the third act they work together, using the talents they've possessed all along, to triumph against all odds. Check and check! So, while the supporting cast and the said funny bits throughout do push this comedy along, any time "The Internship" has to display any emotion other than frivolity, the generic story structure bleeds through, as Levy and Vaughn seem to lazily succumb to the overly melodramatic and uninteresting growth of these paper thin protagonists.
Final Thought: "Wedding Crashers", this is not. The main reason "The Internship" only gets a slight recommendation from me, has to do primarily with its lack of memorable moments. Allow me to explain: the most successful comedies throughout the last decade (starring the same, if not a similar stable of comedic actors) all had one thing in common. Be it "Old School", "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy", "Step Brothers" or the aforementioned "Wedding Crashers", they all had memorable lines of dialogue or situations which can be easily regurgitated back by fans of the genre. Yes, "The Internship" contains some funny situations and more than an adequate amount of funny lines. And all that matters in a movie like this is how much one laughs throughout. But at the end of the day, no matter how much you laughed, I would challenge you to find any one line of dialogue or relatable comedic situation that stuck with you after you exited the theater. Hence, "The Internship" will ultimately go down as one of those watchable yet forgettable comedies.

Written by Markus Robinson, Edited by Nicole I. Ashland

Follow me on Twitter @moviesmarkus
Nick D

May 16, 2013
Fantastically funny, beautifully written, and nerdy as ever, The Internship is a great comedy, and it shows Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson haven't lost their touch as a duo and as comedy actors.
Dann M

November 24, 2013
Full of laughs, The Internship is a smart and heartfelt comedy. The story follows two out of work salesman who land internships with Google, but to succeed they'll have to find a way to re-invent themselves for the digital age. Featuring a great cast, the film stars Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, and Rose Byrne. Vaughn and Wilson deliver their usual dry, satiric comedy, and it works pretty well. However, the shameless Google propaganda becomes rather distracting. Despite the formulaic plot structure and the stereotypical characters, The Internship is a lot of fun and has a positive message.
Shawn M

May 27, 2013
Entertaining, was expecting to laugh more but yeah. still good.