The Internship - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Internship Reviews

February 7, 2016
These two boneheads haven't made a good film together since Wedding Crashers. The Internship is a very bad attempt at comedy and more of a film made for Vaughn and Wilson to prove they are good hearted people instead of obnoxious idiots. Exactly what nobody wants to see with these two. Entertaining in a nineties comedy sort of way with nothing original in "attempts at humor" and some very average storytelling in the competitive drama department. Why do directors think that getting children or nerds drunk is a funny enough concept to carry a good chunk of their feature? It's almost a given that any new comedy with children and adults must contain a scene with strippers and alcohol.
April 20, 2014
Not wedding crashers - Google do evil advert - but s'alright
½ January 23, 2016
The Internship
i think it's safe to say that this movie is a reflection of how thing is going right now. Put some drama, joke, and brilliant cast on it and you'll get a highly entertaining film
½ January 23, 2016
Vaughn and Wilson's charm plays well, but are let down by a thin and predictable script.
½ January 21, 2016
Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson tone down their respective fast-talking and schlubby buddy routines as two middle-aged nobodies who land tech internships at Google based on sheer salesmanship. This mid-life crisis movie is actually rather uplifting in that good intentions and collaborative problem solving triumph over cutthroat post-college millennials who typify the adage "youth is wasted on the young."
½ January 2, 2016
If you like Vaugn and Wilson than you will like the movie. If you hate them, you will hate the movie.
January 1, 2016
A cute movie about believing in yourself and working together to attain your dreams. The movie itself is predictable and the plotline is a little old, but it is a feel-good movie.
½ December 29, 2015
I couldn't finish it.
½ December 6, 2015
Fairly inspiring, but not that funny. It's probably re-watchable.
½ November 20, 2015
Let me Google 'Is there a less cheesy and blatant infomercial than this film?'
½ October 25, 2015
Oh, Vince Vaughn. You kill me.
October 23, 2015
I like Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, but as others have said this is more of a long commercial for Google than a comedy to showcase their talents. It was nice and soft and lighthearted, but not really funny. If you want some fluff, here's one for you.
September 26, 2015
Funny flick with these two! Love that it took place at google too and made several references to the actual organizational culture!
½ September 16, 2015
It was a Wednesday when I saw The Internship. No wait! I think it was a Thursday. I remember it was close to the end of the week. For movies on either end of the scale - really good or really bad - my memory is always crystal clear about the time and the place. The Internship ebbs so firmly in the middle that I felt nothing. I strain now to remember anything about it. The only thing that I am sure about is that for one hundred and fifty nine minutes, I sat in front of this movie staring into its colorful maw with a feeling that could only be described as baleful indifference.

The Internship had no effect on me. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Bupkis. It's a comedy. There are people on the screen. They say things in a humorous way in the midst of a humorous situation. It has the pieces that resemble a comedy and yet I could not care less about anything happening on the screen. Not that I carried a cup of apathy into the screening with me, heaven's no. It's just that I was ready to be entertained and the movie was giving me nothing. It's not the worst comedy I've ever seen. There were moments when I kind of smiled and I admit that some scenes contained a measure of comic energy.

The movie stars Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson who have been funny together before in movies like Wedding Crashers and Starsky and Hutch. They have a nice rapport with each other and a natural ease on the screen. They bring some of that to The Internship. Vaughn and Wilson play Billy and Nick respectively, two old friends who have made a living selling designer watches for 20 years. Then one day, their boss tells them that they're out of a job because people don't buy watches anymore - they get everything they need by looking at their cell phones. Out of work, they become desperate to get back in the job pool. Nick goes to work in a mattress store and Billy gets the idea to join the internship program at Google despite the fact that they know virtually nothing about computers. He encourages his buddy to quit the mattress store and go with him.

At Google, they meet the stuffy, hate-spewing leader of the program who reminds the new recruits - who are called Noogles and forced to wear propeller beanies - that they are all destined to fail. Billy and Nick see through his B.S. and set out to turn the Google think tank into a fully functioning frat house.

That's it. That's the movie. The rest is a series of gags and set pieces in which Billy and Nick upset the establishment, have parties, take the other interns to a strip club, and get under the skin of the project leader who, naturally, wants to sabotage their chances.

Again, I watched all of this with bored indifference. None of it stuck. I strain now to remember anything about it. If you see it today, you'll be bored too. Tomorrow you won't remember the title. Two days from now you won't remember the plot. A year from now you won't remember having seen it at all. I'm bored just writing about it.
September 13, 2015
I can see why Vince Vaughn challenged himself with True Detective. Because movies like this aren't doing anything for his career. This is another comedy that is just not at all funny. It's also very predictable. There isn't one scene that you don't see coming a mile away. If it weren't for the scenes that Rose Byrne is in, it would be painfully bad.
March 30, 2013
If you're looking for a comedy film to just pass the time, the internship does this just right. with some cameo appearances from some big comedy names and some scenes that'll make you laugh out loud, it's a worthwhile watch. The running time is dragged out a lot leaving much of the film feeling like filler content, but overall it's an enjoyable experience.
½ September 3, 2015
Cute movie. Owen was funny and quirky.
½ September 2, 2015
While I appreciate the film's can-do, American Dream spirit that also laments the country's poor job climate, I just can't get behind an oblivious, pandering, glorified Google commercial/comedy in which the jokes fall flat 80% of the time. The filmmakers are lucky that Wilson and Vaughn don't completely phone it in and manage to be likable for the most part.
July 5, 2013
Despite being awfully predictable, the comedic charisma of Wilson and Vaughn make for some well earned laughs. The story of two salesmen's company closing down made a good point on the domination of electronics in the modern day. The characters met at Google are a good enough combination for a dysfunctional team that eventually makes up. Funny actors, good dialogue, yet mindlessly predictable. Internship will definitely gather mixed emotions.
½ August 16, 2015
Oh man, it was bad. Aside from the odd "youth doesn't get the joke'' moments that i laughed at, i've never felt so bad for a mess of a movie. Dylan O'brien managed to shine, however. I don't really know about the rest of the young cast, but then, they weren't really given enough comedy to go on either.