The Invisible War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Invisible War Reviews

Page 3 of 18
½ June 22, 2014
Herself - US Coast Guard: Thank you for your sacrifice, in whatever shape it may come with serving. God Bless.

Los documentales sirven para traer a la luz situaciones que han sido escondidas o que no han sido manejadas de la manera correcta, y The Invisible War hace exactamente eso. Este trata acerca de la epidemia creciente de violaciones en el ejército de los Estados Unidos, y de la manera que ha sido manejado o en este caso no manejado. Mientras que el mayor porcentaje de víctimas es mujeres, también hay un pequeño número de hombres que ha sido afectado. Hay testimonios de primera mano de las víctimas, y algo que todos tenían en común al principio, era lo emocionados y orgullosos que estaban al sentir que iban a servir a su país, y luego la decepción y dolor hacia esta institución a la cual le sirvieron por tanto tiempo y que ignoro su desgracia. Todas las víctimas sufren de secuelas psicológicas, y hasta físicas como es el caso de Kori Cioca, que fue golpeada en la mandíbula por su agresor, y 5 años después sigue teniendo problemas médicos y subsiste con una dieta líquida y medicamentos.

Este documental es importante porque saca a la luz un tema que es exasperante, y les da una nueva oportunidad a las víctimas de buscar la justicia que tanto merecen. Mientras buscaba una explicación para estos crímenes, la culpa recae tanto en el ejército como en el tipo de individuos que atrae. El ejército siempre ha sido una institución que valora la fuerza y el machismo, y además que les da a estas personas un poder enorme, por lo tanto la manera de demostrar poder, es a través de la violencia, y esto se traduce las violaciones, que no son por sexo, sino una manera de demostrar fuerza y humillación a la víctima. Es deprimente, como es posible que un tema con violar a alguien no es tomado como un crimen y además que las víctimas se vuelven culpables de la agresión y no el perpetrador? Casi todos estos criminales están todavía en el ejército sin ningún tipo de castigo, y según los expertos, la mayoría de los violadores son seriales, por lo tanto sin encarcelarlos, estos individuos seguirán cometiendo este crimen, por lo tanto ya no sólo es un tema de mientras estén en el ejército, sino de que pasará cuando salgan.
February 19, 2013
Excellent expository about the rape of women and men in the military.
½ April 17, 2014
one of the many things wrong with the "modern" world... I was disgusted & sick to my stomach the whole time
½ July 24, 2012
Very powerful documentary. Felt scared, afraid, angry and sad, for all of them.
½ April 9, 2014
hoofta -- sure makes you think a little differently about the military... like the women have pointed out in the video, it is terrible that this is even an issue for women in the military, but the worst part is how things are handled after the assault has occurred -- the victim is blamed without hesitation and the perpetrator gets off scott-free. talk about a lack of freedom, what our country supposedly stands for.
½ March 28, 2014
Rarely do I finish a movie and am so emotionally affected by it, but this one did the trick. It might not be innovative or fancy or try to change the world of documentary film making but it shouldn't have to. That would take away from this powerful message that there is something severely wrong with our military system. The heart of this film is definitely the personal tales and interviews of the many women (and men) who went through sexual assault. I literally say stunned at the end of the movie.
June 20, 2012
Insightful doc that really left me disgusted. Really surprised that no one names names.
March 11, 2014
The sort of documentary I hate to watch, the sort that reminds us of the true ugliness of the human condition. This film only just came out in the UK, and since its première in 2011 the number of incidents such as those raised in the film have increased by 35%... says it all really!
January 13, 2013
Netflix 3/10/14
A pretty damning indictment of the military response to sexual assault. The statistics are incredible and the perps who get away with it are protected by a good old boy network and chain of command. Should be must viewing for any woman thinking of a military career.
½ March 6, 2014
Hello 52 anf hello hello hello w hello bbc you hello hello he hello hello ooh ooh hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello llo ooh hello baby hello bbc bn yahoo hey hey hey friendly you hey hey hey hey hey yeah hey 2012 w
½ March 3, 2014
A really disturbing documentry about the women (and sometimes men) recruits who join the armed services in the USA all wide eyed and enthusiastic,
The disturbing thing is how they are assaulted by their own comrades and sometimes how they struggle to rebuild their lives,
Have to admit i really found it harrowing how they all fought for justice but is thwated in every turn by high rakng officials, You haver to watch it but really disturbing.
February 25, 2014
If I could I would rate this with 10 stars! Everyone should watch this.
January 26, 2014
An outraging documentary.
September 14, 2012
Well-made documentary, disturbing, repulsive, filthily corrupt subject matter. Good to see it could make a difference, and hopefully it will continue to do so.
January 18, 2014
sorry, a good movie but not a top movie
½ January 13, 2014
informed expose of military rape and prosecution negligence
½ December 30, 2013
The most telling line in the whole picture was the senator who said "I have served for seven terms and I have sat and listened to this problem every term"!
½ August 4, 2013
Dick directs skillfully, but without much inspiration, and The Invisible War (though successfully eye-opening) does little to break from doc-filmmaking convention. As for the film's extra-cinematic influence, only time will tell whether there will be any significant reaction.
*2/4*
December 15, 2013
a great documentary about sexual assult in the military, the reprocussions and how its handled after the claim has been filed.
½ December 30, 2012
A story which had to be told.
Page 3 of 18