Critics Consensus: Streep Carries The Iron Lady
Plus, there are some solid limited openings and plenty of Certified Fresh films in theaters this week.
Happy Holidays! This week at the movies brings no new wide releases, but we've got one hotly anticipated limited -- The Iron Lady, starring Meryl Streep as former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. What do the critics have to say?
Also opening this week in limited release:
- El sicario: Room 164, a documentary about a hitman for Mexican drug cartels, is at 100 percent.
- A Separation, a drama about the dissolution of an Iranian couple's marriage, is at 100 percent.
- Pariah, a coming-of-age drama about an inner-city teenager who's in the process of coming out of the closet, is at 97 percent.
- Chico & Rita, an animated musical about a longtime affair between two Cuban musicians, is at 95 percent.
- Angels Crest, starring Jeremy Piven and Thomas Dekker in a drama about the impact of a child's death on a tight-knit small town, is at 33 percent.
And don't forget, a bunch of last week's releases -- Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, The Adventures of Tintin, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, War Horse, and Pina -- are Certified Fresh.