The Jerk Theory Reviews

September 17, 2012
Enjoyable. I watched this with my teenage daughter, and we both got a kick out of this. Nothing TOO terribly original, but still fun to watch. Well done..good actors.
½ September 10, 2012
This movie probably has the oldest cast playing high school students that I have ever seen. I watched the movie and tried convincing myself that they were in a strange college that had school dances because that was more believable to me. The ending was sweet and predictable.
½ December 26, 2010
I've got a soft spot for this kind of movies. I pretty much love it. Undoubtedly, Josh Henderson is a relevant factor in my liking of this movie, simply because he's smoking hot.
½ October 22, 2013
this movie got such a low rating on netflix that I had try watch, even if only for my own morbid curiousity. It was predicable in very possibly way, frequently skipping every opportunity to develop any kind of character back story. the acting was awful... take for example the ending prom scene. the nice guy turned jerk rock-star, pens a song to apologise to the good girl scorned, who, despite having never heard the lyrics to this NEW song written for her... somehow already knows the purpose of, and is nearly moved to tears by the apology not yet sung after only a few notes. This movie is awful.
October 5, 2013
This movie was just garbage, the casting was predictably stupid, the characters we're one dimensional, and more importantly they just abused the fat kid to the bitter end of the movie because of the fact he was not good looking or what not, I wouldn't mind that much if they didn't do it ALL. THE. TIME. also most of the people in this movie just made stupid or bad decisions thinking this is how teenagers act in a high school, I wouldn't mind if this garbage movie was in a actual high school but it was catholic school, witch just made everything utterly uncomfortable, just for your sanity please don't watch this movie
December 19, 2012
i didn't think it was that bad. it was a nice light-hearted teen rom-com.
October 17, 2012
Loved It. Shows how current High School students act with a heart warming ending.
September 9, 2012
I never understood what role the Catholic school had in this.....
September 2, 2012
This was a REAAALLLY cute movie with light humor.
August 2, 2012
tbh THIS IS THE CUTEST MOVIE EVER. I SWEAR IT'S SO CUTE :')) And Josh Henderson was very hot in this one. You'll never regret watching this :)
July 25, 2012
Ok, and I have liked movies of a similar style in the past; American Virgin, Freshman Orientation, etc. However, this film was not like those. I didn't get the humor and genuineness in this film that I saw in those. It was just bland and without heart. Not a horrible film, but not a great one either, that's for sure! Don't bother watching this one; I suggest you watch one of the two I mentioned above instead, they are far better (at least in my humble opinion).
June 18, 2012
Have you ever seen American Pie or High school musical? Well than you have no need to take the time to see this. The Jerk Theory is a less ranchier version of american pie, and a less wholesome version of High school musical. The Movie is about a nice-guy teen who gives himself a bad-boy makeover, and quickly becomes the talk of the school before falling for a girl who doesn't give jerks the time of day. Labeled dull by his girlfriend and dumped for a guy who will treat her wrong, Adam decides that the time for being sensitive is over. Before long he's insulting every girl who comes his way - and they just keep coming back for more! But pretty Molly has dated her fair share of thugs.
Does this sound lame to you? I felt as though an hour and a half of my life was wasted watching a movie where the musical lyrics bore resemblence to a doctor suess novel and the writing reminded me of something that came from an after school episode of Saved by the bell. I felt as though this movie was trying to create a false sense of unpredictibility and yet the writing completely contradicted that plan. The humor left you hanging like a bad joke. I kept waiting for the punch line so I could laugh and ended up just feeling punched in the gut.
December 11, 2011
Although its teenage love concept it is a really fun movie because of its strange humour.