The Lesser Blessed Reviews

September 19, 2014
Watch this movie, only if for the tremendous cinematography highlighting Northern Canada. It's beautifully filmed, and up there with the best of art-house productions.
½ January 27, 2014
Just saw Richard / Anita's filming of "the Lesser Blessed. Knowing Richard and having lived in the community where the film is set, it rings of authenticity though I could understand where others may have found the pace, especially the dialogue, a bit less than the usual Hollywood styling. There is a stoic air about the film, and the mood captures that exact time of the year when the winter has absorbed the sun, and the days are short. The complex mixture of language and culture converge in this town and sometimes led to the sorts of tensions, triangles and tragedy that film personifies. Still there is that coming of age hopefulness, which is so well presented.
½ August 30, 2013
This movie is realistic, it's interesting seeing a movie that involves Native American tribes that I hadn't heard of, and a decent coming of age film...I just couldn't connect with it somehow. It's like, the story is there but if the acting was better and there were a few tweaks it could have been a lot better.
August 15, 2013
Reserve realism. Captures the feel of the book. The ending was perfect matched the book.
June 28, 2013
There is no gem to be found here- an insipid film.