Best film of the Disney Renaissance.No contest.Maybe evn the greatest animated movie ever.

During the Renaissance, the team at Disney were firing one masterpiece after the other ( exception of Pocahontas ), but of all their greatest triumphs, none surpassed or outshone The Lion King.Look at it this way.

The Lion King has some of the best supporting characters in Pumbaa, Timon, Scar, and the hyenas.Except Scar the rest are not as refined as say the Genie from Aladdin, but still better than those in Beauty and the Beast.

No other Disney pic has stronger Drama or emotion than this, and being adapted from Hamlet ( not ripped off, look it up on Wikipedia )helps the storyline reach greater heights.

The art work and animation are the best ever.By far.

The songs are classic, and the soundtrack is moving.

This one is made to cater to mostly kids, but ends up being rewarding for open minded adults too.I saw it as a kid, and maybe I'm nostalgic, but nostalgia is not an evil.I'm sure many feel this way.

If you hate the Lion King, that's okay. Don't try to convince me that it sucks, though.Any opinions?
Gimhana Fernando
12-28-2012 05:31 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

I liked it, last year and part of 2013 I thought it was the greatest animated movie of all times, but because it's mentioned a lot of times in public media, it kinda burned out and became a good mobie but not as great as the TV series Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. I respect your opinions, I know there are a lot of TLK fans out there.

Jun 14 - 07:27 PM

Josiah Coulter

Josiah Coulter

It IS the greatest animated movie of all time.

Jun 7 - 04:42 AM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

Well, it for me, it's just a good movie, I liked better The Beauty and the Beast. It was my favorite film once, but a lot of people mention it and I'm tired of it.

Jul 31 - 03:26 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

Who would hate it?

May 14 - 12:34 AM

Thomas Lorentzen

Thomas Lorentzen

Watch Confused Matthew's review of the lion king. He calls it the worst disney animated movie ever, shouts, no, yells, no, SCREAMS at the screen several times because of things he finds stupid, and points out several things that are perfectly fine. But I agree, who else than him would hate it? It's fantastic

May 17 - 12:28 PM

Christopher Shobris

Christopher Shobris

There is a reason why he is called Confused Matthew.

Sep 14 - 01:40 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

Matthew is kinda like me. TLK is a GOOD movie, and not my favorite. I think TLK is a RIP-off of Kimba the White Lion and it's just... No...

Sep 14 - 08:04 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

Me.

Aug 13 - 05:35 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile