I've got a bad feeling.

It could be good, but so far it looks pretty shitty.
Bad Ash J. Gilmore
04-19-2013 09:24 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

Everytime I see the word Disney on a live action movie...I immediately start disliking it. I dont know why.

Jul 3 - 09:52 PM

Christopher Bourne

Christopher Bourne

Well, I'll take a different view than those here and say I loved the movie!! Depp played an awesome Tonto and very glad I spent the money to see it on opening night. Can't wait to own it on Blue Ray!!!

Jul 3 - 09:48 PM

Gerrixx Ovvarc

Gerrixx Ovvarc

I cringe every time I see Depp's performances in the trailers so far. Tell me how is his performance in the movie actually different then other characters he's played before? I know the critics are trashing his performance, how is it different then what Im seeing in the trailers?

Jul 4 - 08:34 AM

Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty

I am with you on this one...and I am a Johnny Depp fan. Sad thing is, he's almost becoming a parody of himself. Sort of like Christopher Walken.

Jul 11 - 02:11 PM

Travis Bennett

Travis Bennett

could not wait for this movie. i love johnny depp and really love armie hammer, but this movie is a bunch of loud obnoxious overblown shit with absolutely no one to root for, no one to like or care about. i hated it and rate it the worst movie of the summer. so disappointing. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME.

Jul 3 - 04:24 PM

Dawn Havard

Dawn Havard

So far I've only read one good review. All the rest have been bad. Too bad really. I grew upon westerns and they're still my favorite genre.

Jul 3 - 10:42 AM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

It's going to bomb.

Jul 3 - 07:56 AM

Clinton Kueker

Clinton Kueker

The first time I saw the pictures in previews, the Indian clown outfit, the bum that looked like he just fell out of a box car, dirty, unshaven, the only thing clean about him, his hat, I was sure this was going to be another 1981 LR disaster. It makes that one look like an academy award contender. Wait until Disney makes a Donald Duck movie for kids that will be X rated! I totally expect that's what is coming next from the makers of the terrible thing Disney and Depp have made of an American Icon!

Jul 2 - 05:30 PM

Mary Gelms

Mary Gelms

I'm, repeating what I posted on another thread----I think I know what happened to Jack Sparrow , he died his parrot black and he crazy glued it to his head then the bird pooped all over his face. I looks like this in the trailers to me, Instead of treating a fictional iconic Native American Hero that saved the white guys butt in all previous Lone Ranger adaptations , this movie makers have reduced Tonto to a weird version of his former self , but I will reserve judgment until I see the movie. So far , I looks disappointing.

Jul 2 - 01:43 PM

Avenginator

mike spike

Exactly! This movie is so clearly "market-driven" (no surprise being Disney), but it's great to see that strategy backfire so horribly, at least on a creative/artistic level. Sadly, it is likely to still make tons of money.

Jul 3 - 07:26 AM

Gerrixx Ovvarc

Gerrixx Ovvarc

It's 19% right now! Save your money for Pacific Rim! De Toro will save the Summer.

Jul 2 - 09:12 AM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

I think Man Of Steel and Iron Man 3 already did that, box office wise at least.
You have too much confidence in Del Toro, by the way.

Jul 3 - 07:55 AM

Mikey M

Michael Mora

Pacific Rim will kill this movie.

Jul 3 - 12:42 PM

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Despicable me 2 will kill this movie.. I don't think it'll take much to kill this movie at all.

Jul 4 - 06:39 AM

Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde

This movie looks like absolute shit, nigga. Na mean?

Jul 1 - 08:33 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

Another post-Obama pocket racist pretending to be black. Yawn. There is casual trolling and then there is malicious bigotry. Shove off.

Jul 3 - 09:06 AM

Avenginator

mike spike

Well said, In Your Dreams. A residual reminder of a fading past. Sort of like that last stubborn bit of grime on your windows, before you get them really clean so that you can see clearly.

Jul 3 - 09:10 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Or, maybe he IS black, and you're just being an asshole.

Jul 3 - 11:08 AM

Jeff T.

Jeff Taylor

That seems exceedingly unlikely. Stop being so naive.

Jul 3 - 09:59 PM

Diego Tutweiller

You seem new here, so I will explain: In Your Dreams is a complete asshole, and everyone hates him.

Okay, you're caught up.

Jul 6 - 01:46 AM

Jamie Pinson

Jamie Pinson

I do not want to see it. Never have and never will. It doesn't matter who they get to star in this film. I'd just as soon see this as I would have seen Battleship if they'd put Johnny Depp in it. Really they could have cast Gary Oldman who is one of my favorite actors and I still wouldn't want to see it.

Jul 1 - 03:56 PM

Avenginator

mike spike

Well, I feel for you "Star Trek Into Darkness" fans who are skeptical of "Lone Ranger." Disney really blew it. Benedict Cumberbatch would have been a real treat as LR. Imagine hearing lines like "You think you can escape from justice... you cannot." or "I will walk over your dusty corpses." Opportunity lost. Oh well.

Jul 1 - 10:20 AM

Catbus

* Catbus!

Someone at the studio said "you know what the problem with John Carter was?" And, ignoring everything else, followed with, "it didn't have a big star!"
Thus, we get this show.

Jul 1 - 06:34 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

I think SHITTY nails it

Jul 1 - 04:05 AM

Jeffrey Parker

Jeffrey Parker

Anyone know anyone who actually wants to see this movie? Im looking at the over 90% statistic that says over 40,000 want to see it and Im thinking are they really the public or people paid by the studios to bloat the numbers in their favor? I havent heard to many good things about this liberal slanted version of a western and Depp's portrayal of Tonto is more parody then history. I havent seen it but I have a feeling they are going to have Tonto be the "star" while the lone ranger gets to be the "sidekick". You know they are going to go with the rewritten version of indian history and make them the heroes and the whites as the bad guys. Im not going into any race talk here, just stating what I think will happen and why I wouldnt waste my time on this liberal slanted version of a classic western

Jun 30 - 10:26 PM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

It's like that for every movie

Jun 30 - 11:36 PM

Catbus

* Catbus!

"Rewritten history where white guys are the bad guys"???
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jul 1 - 06:30 AM

Daniel Lappen

Daniel Lappen

You nailed it Jeffrey. It's the Legend Of The Lone Ranger all over again. (only worse with Dippy Depp)

Jul 1 - 07:02 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

whenever I see the words "liberal slanted" in a sentence, I tend to automatically assume the op is dumb

hasn't failed me yet.

Jul 1 - 08:21 PM

Seb M

Seb Moore

its a live action Disney movie, of course its gonna be shitty

Jun 30 - 02:51 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

The scenery looks great...................other than that..eh..

Jun 29 - 10:28 AM

Patrick Davis

Patrick Davis

Looks incredibly stupid from a practical standpoint: There is just no way any person could maintain that absurd makeup in the old west. Screams lame.

Jun 27 - 12:01 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Well that's more of a nitpick.

Jun 29 - 02:54 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

I'm with you Patrick. Another Hollywood BS 'inyourface' bomb.

Jun 29 - 10:24 AM

Gerrixx Ovvarc

Gerrixx Ovvarc

Johnny Dep's Voice is going to ruin the movie by it'self... Cringe worthy performances in the Trailers and I'm assuming those are the best of his clips.

Jun 27 - 11:36 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Yeah, I picked up on that too. Really corny as the film will end up being.

Jun 29 - 10:30 AM

Gerrixx Ovvarc

Gerrixx Ovvarc

Too bad, I think Armie Hammer is an actor that could really go places.

Jun 30 - 09:59 PM

Diego Tutweiller

It's gonna suck.

Jun 27 - 11:02 AM

Gerrixx Ovvarc

Gerrixx Ovvarc

It looks awful =(

Jun 27 - 11:45 AM

Debbie Banway

Debbie Banway

Just saw the Lone Ranger at a preview and I LOVED it. It was totally different than all these after the Earth apocalypse movies so popular this summer. It was entertaining, amusing, uplifting and a fun ride. I will go back again after it opens., Good Job producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski as well as Mr. Depp

Jun 27 - 09:36 AM

Catie Brown

Catie Brown

I saw an advanced screening of this and it was really good! A perfect summer blockbuster - lots of action and laughs. The story was well written. Johnny Depp, as always, gave a great performance. Armie Hammer did very well holding his owe against Depp and was quite funny, too. Going in I didn't really know what to expect, but I came out loving it! A must-see this summer.

Jun 25 - 12:30 PM

Mark Schram

Mark Schram

Disagree with your assessment in general terms (no spoilers here, TYVM).
Overall, I think this was Cap'n Jack of the Desert.

I give it a 6 out of 10.

Jun 27 - 12:34 AM

Ariel Facey

Ariel Facey

I think it will be great. I love disney movies like this.

Jun 25 - 12:14 AM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

It looks dreadful from the trailers. And no reviews so far isn't good. But, we'll see.

Jun 24 - 03:35 PM

Jack Hicks

Jack Hicks

You guys are all wrong, I saw movie at preview, has very little to do with old series, actually a great action flic with great comedic overtones and a different look at the clash of two cultures and mythologies. This is different and will blow you away.

Jun 23 - 03:08 PM

Rocket

Rocket Raccoon

Hmmmm... Kind of like another series these people made? Pirates of the Caribbean? No, it couldn't be.

Jun 24 - 06:37 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Curse of the Black Pearl was great, the others were shit.

Jun 24 - 07:07 PM

Rocket

Rocket Raccoon

That's one of my favorite fantasy movies. Doesn't change the fact that this movie looks like it's trying too hard to be another one of those.

Jun 25 - 08:17 AM

Diego Tutweiller

11% from top critics. Lol.

Jul 3 - 11:09 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

You ain't cuttin' it with this one, Jack Hicks!

Jul 1 - 04:08 AM

Dalton Smith

Dalton Smith

and really how can ya hate a movie that has the cahoonas to put a guy out there with a dead bird on his head and another guy with virtually no starpower at all.

Jun 21 - 05:30 PM

Dalton Smith

Dalton Smith

actually i thought the old Clayton Moore series was terrible, the same half hour basically over and over

Jun 21 - 05:27 PM

Dalton Smith

Dalton Smith

this will open big and have great legs and will do very good overseas

Jun 21 - 05:26 PM

Shritan Varma

Shritan Varma

yeah me too...might be an average movie

Jun 21 - 08:02 AM

Sara Roberts

Sara Roberts

Oh you do? Cuz I got a good feeling. Imma see it over and over!

Jun 15 - 12:04 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Dat grammar.

Jun 26 - 07:49 AM

Clinton Kueker

Clinton Kueker

Butch Cavendish couldn't kill me but Disney and j depp sure has destroyed Tonto and I!

May 31 - 06:17 PM

Michael Agans

Michael Agans

I am going to be skeptical, I grew up watching the lone ranger with my grandpa and I hate it when they make remakes that just fall really short of the original.

Apr 29 - 01:18 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Ya got some taste Michael. Consider yourself fortunate!

Jun 29 - 10:34 AM

Clinton Kueker

Clinton Kueker

Fall short Michael? This couldn't fall any shorter if it went behind the starting line. Disney is now looking for some actors that look like Abbott and Costello for Lone Ranger #2.

Jul 2 - 05:38 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

I think it looks quite good, but I'm still skeptical. And how could this cost 215 mil? It doesn't look like it so far

Apr 21 - 06:48 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

Anything with Depp's ass in it will cost well over 200 mil.

Apr 21 - 09:32 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile