Disney Reportedly Losing $150 Million on The Lone Ranger

Summary

Ouch. Back to Article

Comments

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Disney has enough money to afford at least twenty bombs like this, so it's not as if they're worried about it. They're probably pretty pissed off, though.

Jul 9 - 12:31 PM

Dave J

Dave J

Every time Disney loses money on one film, they get it all back from releasing something else! Can someone say "Monsters University"!

Jul 9 - 02:18 PM

v-alexander-the-great

victor alexander

OR re-releasing something in 3D. Almost 100% profit.

Jul 9 - 03:52 PM

v-alexander-the-great

victor alexander

OR re-releasing something in 3D. Almost 100% profit.

Jul 9 - 03:52 PM

Johannes Jay Hart

Johannes Jay Hart

Disney need to have a Adult Version.... just for R rated movies

Jul 9 - 04:46 PM

Rated NCC-1701

Rated NCC-1701

I guess this means Verbinski is dead to Disney.

Jul 9 - 07:17 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

He made three out of four Pirates films. They're probably going to give him another chance with a smaller budget.
If someone's in trouble with the Mouse House is Bruckheimer, he's been involved in lots of Disney's recent bombs.

Jul 10 - 06:20 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

So I guess this won't be a trilogy then.

Jul 9 - 10:10 PM

AccursedArachnid

Accursed Arachnid

But they made like "One billllion dollars"(channeling Dr. Evil) on The Avengers so I doubt they're hurting. ;)

Jul 9 - 11:11 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Jul 10 - 06:20 AM

Drew Boivie

Drew Boivie

This can happen if you trust the movie itself so little that you have to throw nearly 200 million dollars in advertising at it. I might have still seen this movie after knowing that the reviews weren't so great if I hadn't been bombarded with trailers for the thing before EVERY SINGLE other movie I've watched in theaters for the last half year at least. I'm tired of a movie I haven't seen. The same thing happened with Cowboys and Aliens.

Jul 10 - 06:31 AM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast