97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Reviews

August 25, 2014
One of the best of all time. I recommend the extended edition.
August 15, 2007
Still waiting to finish the trilogy...
May 18, 2011
It truly deserves Best Picture, also being the best of the film series and one of the best fantasy films of all time. (A+)

(Full review coming soon)
November 23, 2012
The second best in the LOTR trilogy!!!! can't wait for The Hobbit
August 23, 2014
By far the greatest film ever made. Words cannot describe how fantastic this film is.
December 9, 2013
The best of the trilogy and one of the most all-around brilliant movies ever made. Not only is it epic because it is the conclusion to a great adventure, but because the movie compromises nothing, In it's final chapters it risks everything to be grand, to be memorable, to be better than the first two, and it succeeds in every area. It has the narrative strength of the first movie and the grand battle scenes of the second. While the running time is long, you hardly notice the time flashing by as the movie engulfs your imagination. It's a great feeling enjoying the first hour of the movie and realizing you still have another two hours of brilliant entertainment left before it's time to say final goodbyes. The best conclusion to any trilogy or series of movies ever. Better than Star Wars VI, Harry Potter 7 part 2, and miles better than the Dark Knight Rises. It deserved all 11 Academy Awards it won. One of my favorite movies of all time. It also contains one of my favorite scenes in any movie as Merry is singing to the would be king in the Great Hall as the "king's" son rides off to an almost certain death against the orcs.
March 6, 2011
Definitely one of my favorite movies, and also one of the most loyal adaptations ever made. However, there are some cheesy scenes and characters, some things that really don't go well with the story as Tolkien wrote it. The whole story, the characters, and the world created by J. R. R. Tolkien were dummied down in this trilogy. But as a movie alone, it's great.
March 13, 2008
i like them but i don't understand the movie :)
July 6, 2008
Peter Jackson is a genius! This is the best movie of the LOTR series.
August 14, 2007
My favorite movie of all time! Oh hecks yes! This movie has pretty much everything that I want in a movie.
May 24, 2014
awesome and my favorite movie
August 11, 2014
This trilogy is a great masterpiece and is finished with one heck of an awesome film! The battles and the cinematography was spectacular and Peter Jackson is one of my favourite directors!
August 8, 2014
So good, emotional, and a masterpiece! How come The Two Towers is better than this? This should have gotten 100% as well.
Akash V.
August 7, 2014
Okay before people lose their minds, let me say, I thought the Two Towers was terrific, Fellowship of the Ring as well was great. The Return of the king is overlong, overwritten and far too grand. In fact it's so grand that the one loses an intimate connection with the characters. The formula it uses is- Build up to battle - Battle - Build up to battle - Battle - Half a dozen endings. It lacked the tightness of Fellowship of the Ring and the emotional touch of the Two Towers. It's too faithful an adaptation. They could have easily cut of an hour, and hour and a half from this movie. I don't get why this one gets all the credit.
Jason G.
August 5, 2014
Epic. Also, Frodo is useless.
August 29, 2008
Loved it, probably the greatest movie of all time.
July 8, 2007
This is the best epic of our generation. It was providence that Peter Jackson was given this series, as he humanized the immense scope without sparing the spectacle. I would also like to note that I am gay for Viggo.
timman54
February 14, 2006
ONE OF MY FAVORIT MOVIES
January 7, 2011
Perfect. The flawless ending to a masterpiece trilogy in cinema history.
February 7, 2010
(First viewing - December 2003 in theaters)