The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Reviews

December 18, 2015
WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE RATING THIS BELOW TWO TOWERS????
½ July 24, 2011
The conclusion to the trilogy is as grand and epic as you would expect, but the movie is long and draining and Frodo's decision to keep the ring for himself is hardly believable.
December 11, 2015
DREW'S REVIEWS

10 OUT OF 10

"The Greatest Fantasy Film of All-Time"
½ December 3, 2015
The finale one of the better trilogies out there. Return of the King is actually the best of all the Lord of the Rings movies, and by far in my opinion. The special effects and action sequences are some of the best I have ever seen in my life. The only major flaw of the movie, and in my eyes it is truly major, is how long the movie takes to close. Not the running time of the movie, but after the climax and the last battle it takes about an hour for the characters to say goodbye to each other, brutal.
September 21, 2007
Still the greatest movie ever made!
November 29, 2015
The best LOTR movie, and the best adventure movie ever made, and also one of the best movies ever made. Moreover, it was one of the best movie experiences I've ever sat through. 5/5
March 28, 2015
The final chapter of this epic trilogy swept an incredible 11/11 oscars and is the first fantasy movie ever to win the academy award for Best picture. It was much more deserving than that overrated pile of garbage Titanic which was a very stupid movie. This movie features iconic battle scenes, betrayals, deaths,revelations friendship,romance, reunions, beasts and most importantly closure when the credits roll. This movie has been criticized for having a lot of endings. Even though I felt breathless by the end I really can not think of a better ending because a movie of this scope was always going to have a long ending to tie all the knots, this is so the characters complete their character arcs, in Aragorn's case being king, in Frodo's and Bilbo's case finally getting themselves rid of the ring and thus starting a new life and in Sam's case not being afraid and shy anymore. The emotional climax in this movie is when Aragorn is crowned king and he tells the hobbits that they bow to no one and everyone else bows to them and it almost,ALMOST had me in tears. I'll give this movie and the trilogy as a whole 5/5. The trilogy as a whole is my second favorite movie of all time.
June 23, 2015
Impeccable direction from Peter Jackson and all around solid performances from all of its actors; Astounding cinematography, visually spellbinding, epic scoring by Howard Shore, incredible action set pieces and complete utility of screen time devoted to convey each character as they conquer the quest to destroy the One Ring. "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy will go down as a cinematic achievement, a rare gem where all of the pieces connect and will be regarded as one of the best film series of all time. "The Lord of the Rings" will define the "fantasy/action-adventure" genre and has heightened audience expectations as well as the realm of technological accomplishments as to creating a whole new universe with a grandiose sense of feeling and believability, a la the original "Star Wars" trilogy. Highly recommended! 4/5
November 13, 2015
The grand finale is perfect in every way, but to me just a little too long and it spent too much time with Sam and Frodo. Very important in the book, but for non nerds it may seem a little too much talking and crying.
November 2, 2007
Mutilated the novel.
½ November 7, 2015
I saw this one before the other 2, and I loved. now Iīve seen the 3 and I can say this itīs the best one by far.
October 27, 2006
I LOVE this movie!!~ Watched it again recently and I STILL love it~
½ October 29, 2015
An incredible ending!
January 12, 2012
Truly the greatest film series of all time.
October 10, 2015
One of my favourite films of all time. There were some amazing performances too by Sean Astin, Viggo Mortenson and of course Elijah Wood.
June 18, 2013
An achievement in filmmaking, constantly epic and emotional.
October 6, 2015
Brilliant on a technical level, enthralling on an entertainment level. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is one of the greatest films ever made because of its visually breathtaking sequences and emotionally powerful characters. This movie works as a stand-alone spectacle, as well as a hugely satisfying end to the greatest motion picture trilogy of the 21st century.
December 3, 2008
The greatest movie ever made, tied with Ben Hur for most Oscars (eleven Oscars). Charismatic acting, tight and complex plot, stirring characters, flawless cinematography, the most epic battles, fantastic scenery, and transporting musical score, this film when taken with the other members of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy is the pinnacle of all cinema. Very long, and very worthy, I cannot recommend this film highly enough.
December 12, 2007
How did they do it?

How?
September 14, 2015
Best of the Lord of the Rings movies (which is REALLY saying something)