The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Reviews

April 28, 2012
As well-made as the films that came before and after, featuring some of movie Middle-Earth's most impressive, chilling and memorable scenes - the encounter with the white wizard in the forest, the freeing of Theoden, the last march of the Ents, the Battle of Helm's Deep, and the reveal of the true depth's of Smeagol's madness. Nonetheless some of the quieter moments, which seemed so essential in the Fellowship, and some of the action struggle not the feel like filler as the trilogy awaits its conclusion.
April 29, 2016
I never feel the magic of film as strong as everytime I watch Lord of the Rings. It is truly the best trilogy ever made and by far one of my Top 10 picks of all time.
April 24, 2016
The high point of the trilogy was here for me. It just has everything; and perfectly I might add. Perfect fantasy, action, humor, drama, effects, story, and well....everything. This is now I think the 8th film I have given 5 Stars to.
January 28, 2016
This was a ok movie this was a complicated movie and some parts where scary and some parts where nasty I thought like with Golem he was nasty. But the fighting was good in this movie. But I don't like how this movie is so long. But I like this one more then the 1 st one. See what you think of this movie
March 27, 2016
One of the greatest stories of all time.
½ March 26, 2016
The continuation does not disappoint. A fun ride and extremely entertaining.
March 24, 2016
Two towers is probably by far the best sequel there is. Leaving you hungry for more.
½ March 23, 2016
Gets a bit boring but the battle for helms deep more than makes up for it.
½ September 2, 2014
93%
Boasting a well-written script, finely tuned CGI, and powerful performances including Andy Serkis as the tortured Gollum, The Two Towers continues the "Rings" series in suitably epic fashion.

V: 83%
½ March 15, 2016
(about the entire trilogy) Of epic proportions: beautifully made (combining breathtaking landscapes and state-of-the-art CGI), with amazing battle sequences and some utterly thrilling moments. McKellen and Lee are delightfully imposing and Serkis is exquisite, yet a lot of the others, including lead actor Wood, are far from noteworthy. The script is not flawless either, loaded with exposition and needless scenes, and each film needs the others to feel successful. Grandiose but far from perfect.
July 15, 2015
The Sequel of this trilogy is lives up to more thrills than the first one
March 4, 2016
Always was my favorite of the trilogy, but it wasn't until the last few years that I was able to finally grasp the true wonder of this film (of course I'm not sure I'll be able to really grasp 100% of the piece of beauty that it is.)
January 15, 2016
The Two Towers in a big, epic film that beats the first film in every way possible. Featuring better developed characters, more amazing visual effects, and epic, epic battle sequences. This has changed the way I look at the entire fantasy genre.
February 21, 2016
(Fellowship of the Ring is the best part of the trilogy)

All 3 are epic tales of high caliber, refreshing and revolutionary in every aspect of the word.
Extraordinary from start to finish, it doesnt leave you bored for a single second throughout the whole ±12 hour run time (Yes, you have to watch all 3 in a row, with all 3 being the extended cut. Yes, that's how i did it, and it was the greatest movie experience i've ever had, it's mindblowing), which is a difficult task, but it succeeds. Big time.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is a revolutionary masterwork.
February 19, 2016
It was good but, felt something missing.
November 30, 2015
The best in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the screenplay and pacing is fantastic. The acting is phenomenal and the movie leaves you craving the next installment.
½ May 30, 2008
El señor de los anillos: las dos torres
February 1, 2016
While this wasn't the peak of the series this definitely was a very good entry. The action in this movie is truly astounding. The acting and story are captivating and the lore is so broad that it would take a very long time to read every wiki article on these books/movies. Better by far than any of The Hobbits, The Two Towers sets us up for a long but satisfying end to an amazing trilogy
February 1, 2016
Watching this made me feel courageous, the video game just as much. When I got out of the theater, I wanted to grab a sword and kill some uruk-hai.
½ January 31, 2016
The Two Towers has a complex story arc to cover in relation to the 2nd novel in the trilogy of one of the greatest works of fiction of all time, The Lord Of The Rings novels by J..R.R. Tolkein, is considered a popular classic with a tremendously loyal and well read fan base. Tolkein's attention to detail and genius in creating an entire new world, Middle Earth, complete with its own languages, has such a high standard that it has plagued earlier attempts to retell the story.

This film delivers and not only respects most of the source material, but is successful at unfolding a complex story arc in a believable and digestible manner for mass consumption audiences. Kudos to Peter Jackson for pulling this off given the herculean task of tackling this high fantasy epic of literature.

As a devoted reader of the Tolkein books, I was completely satisfied with this portrayal on film.