The Neighbor (2007)

The Neighbor

TOMATOMETER

No Tomatometer score yet...

No Top Critics Tomatometer score yet...

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

Matthew Modine and Michèle Laroque star as two warring neighbors who discover that they might just be a match made in heaven during a date that was originally devised to send them on their separate ways. Christine (Laroque) is a powerful real estate developer who longs to acquire the apartment of her upstairs neighbor Jeff (Modine). Jeff is a businessman and artist who recently learned that his ex-wife is about to marry his ex-best friend. Recognizing that Christine wants him out of the building … More

Rating: PG-13 (for brief strong language)
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Directed By:
Written By: J.P. Jones, J.P. Davis, Eddie O'Flaherty
In Theaters:
On DVD: Sep 23, 2008
Runtime:

News & Interviews for The Neighbor

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for The Neighbor

All Critics (2) | Top Critics (2)

Modine does what he can to sell the flimsy premise, but he's so hamstrung by Eddie O'Flaherty and J.P. Davis' sketchy script -- not to mention by O'Flaherty's clumsy direction -- that it's a losing battle.

Full Review… | August 8, 2008
Los Angeles Times
Top Critic

Laroque has starred in dozens of these featherweight comedies in France, but this material forces her to new grades of mildness. Even during shouting matches with Modine, her emotional pitch rarely exceeds a middling 25 MPH.

Full Review… | August 7, 2008
L.A. Weekly
Top Critic

Audience Reviews for The Neighbor

Looks like a tv movie and not all that exciting, but harmless enough viewing and it made a refreshing change to see a slightly older leading lady.
Cast are fine and the premise works reasonably well. Though the woman is not written initially to be likable, she is never so awful that you totally hate her. This is a romantic comedy with a few small laughs. Pretty tame stuff but a slightly older female audience may enjoy this one. I am going to pass my copy to my mum! After the offensive mess that was Grown Ups, this may be just the thing!

romy861
Nicki Marie

½

I'm Glad I have no Neighbor's like that. It wasnt too funny, more like staker unfunny.

EbertsLittleApprentice
Joseph Eastmond

½

Good movie. A little on the funny side, but cute. Interesting cast- Matthew Modine, Michele Laroque, and Meredith Scott Lynn. Worth seeing.

iLeo
Leo L

The Neighbor Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Neighbor on our Movie forum!