• Directed By:
    Lee Daniels
    In Theaters:
    Oct 5, 2012 Limited
    On DVD:
    Jan 22, 2013
  • Millenium Films

Excellent movie

Don't get the negative reviews. This is the kind of movie I wish I could see at least once a year instead of most of what we get. I really question what is behind the critics giving this such a low rating and a movie like Les Mes, which was horrible top rating.
David Washington
01-22-2013 08:56 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Gerald Leb

Gerald Leb

I am getting tired of reviews that are based on the critic's taste. It is meaningless. I much prefer Ebert's standard: did the film succeed at what the filmmaker intended? I would say this film is successful. The intent is lurid, certainly, the exposition is outrageous, and the themes as noir as you can get. But as a noir film about investigative reporting, I would say the film succeeds. I'd give it 3 stars.

Nov 1 - 09:26 PM

Gary W.

Gary Wright

I applaud your emphasizing the good. There WAS a freshness. I TOO was enthralled.

Jul 23 - 04:52 PM

Kim Hunter

Kim Hunter

A tremendous job done by formidable actors. I was enthralled. There was a freshness brought by Daniels that I haven't seen in any film in quite a while. I was truly entertained and highly recommend this film. People don't often want to be shown the darker side of themselves. I applaud this creation.

Jan 27 - 06:51 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile