• Unrated, 1 hr. 23 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Pill Reviews

Matthew Samuel M

August 4, 2013
It has an exceptionally strong opening as well as a charming, well-filmed ending. The film also showcases quite believable performances from its leading actors as well as some hilarious and awkward moments. However, despite its accomplishment as an intimately filmed comedy, it suffers from a weak middle in which the director struggles to keep our interest in the plot and in which The Pill unfortunately drags and bores. The film is unable to keep interesting or exciting until it redeems itself in its final five minutes.
PeteyPablo10
May 30, 2013
The biggest flaw, at least for me, was that it seemed like you were supposed to root for the main character who was the one cheated. Not your typical romantic comedy at all. They made the cheater look like the good guy and the ending was very anticlimactic. Though the story was original, I didn't really like the characters that much.
July 19, 2014
This was a really enjoyable, pleasantly unpredictable rom-com. Defs would recommend.
June 25, 2014
It is films like this that make Netflix worthwhile. Unexpectedly enjoyable.
June 12, 2014
Pretty boring for me, I suppose if you like my girlfriend enjoy anything in anyway baby related it's ok
September 17, 2013
This is the most awful move that has ever existed.
Matthew Samuel M

August 4, 2013
July 20, 2013
Had Rachel Boston not been so ugly, it could have been a moderately enjoyable movie.
July 19, 2013
A man has unprotected sex and he needs to give pill to the girl. Girl does not want to have it and after lot of coercing she has it. Only problem is that the pill has to be repeated again in 12 hours. He has to stay with the girl for 12 hrs and how he falls in love in those 12 hours with the girl. Even though the touch is very arty/indie but film has its moments. Nice film to watch.
July 8, 2013
I loved every moment of it......i'm 68, been married 43 yrs 3 kids and 8 grandkids.....it was high comedy at it's best.....i fell in love with Mindy......all the characters were terrific.....the dialogues were fun and exciting....perhaps i'm the perfect audience age......it brings back so many memories of 1st love and sex......can't understand why the critics were so down on a movie i loved and i watch a ton of them......"you had unprotected sex?" was one of the best lines....his partner was more interested in him having unprotected sex than him having sex in the 1st place.....a great contrast in women....the neat, perfect, controlled one vs the fun loving, amazing Rachel Boston....she was the real keeper...
July 5, 2013
horrible, worse movie ever
Emma C.
May 5, 2013
I really hope this movie was meant to be a social critique b/c the extremely annoying, irresponsible, TSTL (too stupid to live) characters are beyond what this society and world deserves. I found the answer to whats wrong with this world, if people like these exist in real life, I've cordoned them off and send them off to Jupiter. If the main reason of the movie is to agitate then it succeeded!
April 14, 2013
The premise has a hint of originality, but the characters all range from loathsome to annoying, which I suppose at least lends some amount of believability to the film. Still, these are people I would not want to associate with, either in real life or on screen.
April 6, 2013
I was thoroughly shocked that the audience was meant to dismiss the female leads' crazy manipulative persona as an acceptable consequence of the lonely, confusing mess that is dating/hooking up among twenty-something's
Danielle K.
March 23, 2013
The characters are not particularly likable. However, the film is charming in its own way, even though there is very little depth to it.
March 23, 2013
Another in a string of movies that have zero humor in it but call themselves comedies.

Seriously, if you think talk about relationships, cheating, lying (and not in a funny hijinks sort of way) and lots of crying is funny, then this movie is for you. This is one of the worst things a person could have done with a great premise.

I wouldn't say this movie is bad if it just called itself a drama. It's a drama. Full stop. No comedy. None.
Andrew K.
March 20, 2013
The Pill portrays love and relationships far closer to reality than we usually see in movies. Rather than give us a manufactured romance with two wonderful people we get a snapshot of events in the lives of two people who seem far more real - and far more flawed - than the archetypes we're typically presented with. People cheat, they lie, they manipulate situations to serve their own ends, they latch on to others to fulfill a variety of emotional and practical needs, and that's what we see in The Pill. I feel like I've met these people before, I even embody more of Fred's flaws than I'd probably care to admit. Fred is in many ways a bit of an ass, but aren't we all? The writer doesn't take the easy way out and make him a villain - nor do I get the impression that even though things have changed in his life that he has drastically changed by the end of the film. He hasn't had some miraculous catharsis that has transformed him into the white knight by the credits. Some things may be a little better for him - but I get the feeling that there's every possibility he'll make the same mistakes again - just like most of us do.
*Spoilers*
The ending veers a little into the cliche, but even then it's not the convenient Hollywood story-line they could have latched onto; She isn't pregnant - the pill really has kept her from conceiving, and we just have two people texting each other - which while framed a little cute is entirely probable - unlike a forced I love you realization or a wedding breakup or a kiss in the rain or some other rom-com cliche. No, instead we just have two people who hooked up texting - which is a pretty believable next step, particularly - a jaded part of me thinks, considering Fred is now single and looking for an easy lay - though I think this movie makes the point that lust and some genuine affection are not mutually exclusive, just as they are not codependent.
December 16, 2011
This might be more entertaining if any of the three main characters were at all likable.
September 28, 2012
September 26, 2012--> Wached via HULU+...
August 12, 2012
Konsep hubungannya urban banget. No polished words; the script is plain. Therefore, the actors are free to make improvisation.