This could definitely be an interesting series if it gets off of the ground. Being the first entry it sounds pretty shallow but it could be built to so many layers that could really pose some thought prevoking scenarios.
- The Purge: Year Two could be an realistic escalation both for perpetrators and those who just want to be protect their own.
- A more clear subtext that this is what real freedom looks like.
- Would perpetrators be safe from other perpetrators? Of course not.
- What would an all out war with the richest neighborhoods look like?
- Would law officials( out of uniform ) take the initiative and attempt a purge of their own against crime organizers?
- As stated in another thread, what if amongst the chaos, someone from another country took the opportunity to stage a biochemical attack? Would anybody be able to stop it...let alone notice it?
Interesting implausible premise that could be much more than this small window that could open on the frightening realities of human nature.