Would overpopulation cause Purge in 50 years? Can it happen?

Lets say in 50 years from now world is overpopulated and resources are dwindling and unrest and fighting and wars over resources are growing. Would an annual Purge or depopulation of the world help solve the problem? Murder your neighbor could become your civic duty. Stats show that population is growing exponentially especially in developing countries and people are living longer and that our natural resources will reach a breaking point including extinction of species (like with overhunting of whale and tuna) and wacky weather with global warming destroying more resources. I know the premise sounds ridiculous but its like people who have no food end up being cannibals on each other to survive - survival of fittest and that people will do craziest unimaginable things to live and keep their family safe. So can some form of Purge become government policy?
Jb Yong
06-7-2013 02:57 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Tony Eddard Stark

Tony Eddard Stark

There already is too many people on this planet. I remember hearing in my life time that there was 3 billion people and China had one third of the world's population. Then I heard that it was 6 billion people and China and India equal one third of the world's population. Now we have 7 billion? Are you fucking kidding me? 4 billion people in my life time so far? I am not old either. I but there will be at least 20 billion, if not more, when I am on my death bed. We need a purge NOW!!!!

Jun 9 - 08:00 PM

Tony Eddard Stark

Tony Eddard Stark

*bet.

Jun 9 - 08:00 PM

Jb Yong

Jb Yong

and LA Times article said most of population growth is in "arc" of instability and breeding ground for terrorists like Afghanistan which has one of highests birth rates and where many men can't find job so they join Taliban because it pays more. That is why war in Afghanistan will never end. Its really scary.

Jun 9 - 08:20 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

in 50 years skynet will have taken over so it wont matter anyway

Jun 8 - 01:35 PM

Hipster Elitist Nyland

Hipster Elitist Nyland

It's like Brave New World's more evil cousin.

Jun 8 - 07:17 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Far fetched though.

Jun 7 - 09:14 PM

Jb Yong

Jb Yong

Have you seen population growth chart to 7 billion? That seemed far fetched too. It might not be so blatant or extreme as Purge but it does make you wonder if some govt policy could come about to curb population explosion. If you google it there are many stories about population explosion and that by 2050 we will go from 7 billion to 11 billion or size of 3 chinas while resources are dwindling. Recent LA Times aricle said most of growth will be in developing poorer countries like India and Africa. And you can bet governments and brother vs brother will be fighting over those resources.

Jun 9 - 11:44 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

That's kind of a scary thought lol

Jun 7 - 04:58 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile