The Raid: Redemption (Unrated) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Raid: Redemption (Unrated) Reviews

½ December 2, 2012
A great action film. Not only does this movie have some of the best martial arts I have seen on screen, it has a story as well. This is rare in action films and I truly believe you can have it both ways. Although the plot is not overly complex, "The Raid" proves me right.
August 26, 2014
Outstanding action/choreography & an appropriately simple plot to keep it all flowing.
~Isaac, nowhere.
June 24, 2014
Gritty. More modern in delivery and sensibility, believe the hype. . . The Raid is a well balanced action flick without too much over the top stunts. Highly Recommended!
March 16, 2014
"The Raid: Redemption" is practically a how-to guide for action moviemaking, with each macro story and micro action beat clear, clean, concise, comprehensible, contextualized and kinetic, motivated and meaningful. It's a big, bloody, brutal, breathless ballet of fight choreography, and, while the story may be thin, it's thin by design--simple, potent, functional, with exactly the amount of characterization and human drama necessary to move us along and keep us invested (and little more). An amazing accomplishment of action movie athleticism and effective economic storytelling.
February 1, 2014
An amazing action film. It has some of the best martial arts I've seen in a movie for a while. The story isn't complicated so its easy to follow along and its constantly getting more and more intense. Great movie
½ December 27, 2013
I had already seen this movie before, and one again I was amazing at how extremely good it is. I'm not normally into this type of movies, but this one had a lot of suspense and in your face violence. It was unbelievable all the fighting sequences and how it always got more and more exciting. It sure is one of the best action movies in a long time. And I can't wait to see its sequel, that I'm hoping will be even better than this one.
~June 2012~
June 17, 2013
The best fighting/martial arts movies I've ever seen in my life. There's no love garbage, no drama, just people handing out ass whoopins all day.
April 2, 2013
They don't do action movie like that anymore... The scenario is not great but the action is there and so real that you feel bad for the actor.
April 1, 2013
I expected this to be better, much much better. There's a lot of action and a story here but nothing exceptional, or particularly engaging.
December 23, 2012
SICK action film. Has some of the most realistic fight scenes I have ever seen, and the actors move REALLY fast in the film as well. Simple, violent, graphic, straight to the point action film that action fans will enjoy!
October 12, 2012
Great action. Non stop. Plot is thin, but really you watch this movie for the violence, gun fights, knife fights, and fist fights. The action keeps the pace of the movie going however there is a few occasions you catch yourself thinking, why are these people still alive they should have been dead hours ago. So just try to sit back and enjoy the show - without over thinking it and you'll enjoy it.
October 10, 2012
Incredible action, editing, make-up and such, but a story that left me saying "duh" after the first 15 minutes. Still - a great "video game" plot that keeps one engaged until it's deflated finale. Watch a Bruce Lee movie instead.
½ September 6, 2012
When I watch movies, I want my comedies to be funny, horror films to be scary, my dramas to be emotional, and my action movies to be bad-ass. In this case The Raid: Redemption is an action movie and it is by far the most fast paced, insane, in your face action movie I have ever seen. The movie clocks in at 1 hour 40 minutes and has action for over an hour. The choreography in the movie is near flawless and the fighting never seems to get repetitive even when you start to think it might. The overall story of the movie is a bit unoriginal and doesn't really keep you guessing, with the exception of a plot twist towards the end of the movie, but it's kinda what you would expect from a movie like this. I gave this movie four and a half stars because even though it has at best a decent story with a even better cast, it accomplishes it's goal to a tee by being a bad-ass movie. A definate joy to watch.
September 4, 2012
40 minutes into this movie, I'm not even done watching it yet and I had to come give it a rating and review. This movie is fucking BRUTAL!!! Absolutely brutal, lethal and violent...ESPECIALLY VIOLENT.
½ October 23, 2015
Maybe the best action movie you'll ever see but zero plot.
October 10, 2015
This is an awesome film. Word to the wise, though. You're might want to go in and check your audio settings, as the unrated version defaults to music written by some guy from Linkin Park. Just switch to the original audio and you'll be fine.

This movie is a masterpiece, a violent dance of badassery and death. Once it gets rolling, I enjoy every effing second of it.
October 3, 2015
Insane Indonesian Marital arts movie. I swear, this movie contains possibly the greatest fight choreography I have ever seen; it's also directed by a Welshman! Highly recommended.
August 2, 2015
Beautiful action all the way
July 5, 2015
Great action film with nonstop action and brutal scenes
½ June 16, 2015