The Rise & Fall of a White Collar Hooligan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rise & Fall of a White Collar Hooligan Reviews

½ November 19, 2014
Not Too Complex With A Well-Paced Story. Doesn't Muck About & Has A Right 'Ol Mean Bit O-Grit To The Story. Enjoyed It.
½ August 3, 2013
Review:
I was really expecting this movie to be about football violence, but it turned out to be about credit card fraud, which was a bit strange. The acting wasn't the best but the storyline wasn't too bad. I liked the chemistry between the 2 main characters, but it was boring in parts. In all, the movie was pretty average and totally nothing to so with football.

Round-Up:
I wasn't impressed with Nick Nervern's acting in G.B.H. and I personally think that the film would have been much better if they would have chosen a different leading actor. Simon Phillips, who plays his partner in crime, played his part well, but it still has that East End feel with all of the swearing and crime. I hope that the sequel brings more substance and originality.

Budget: $1million
Worldwide Gross: N/A

I recommend this movie to people who like there English crime movies with a touch of violence. 3/10
½ July 13, 2013
I usually rather enjoy British cinema, but enough with this 'let's glorify our gangster-wannabies'-bullshit that seems to have taken hold of nation's movie-making industry ever since 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'!
½ June 9, 2013
Could of been good, but for the rubbish dialogue and terrible acting! No!
May 20, 2013
OK film, but crap acting but a couple of twist and turns kept me captivated. Once watched was enough.
½ May 15, 2013
When normaly doing a review, I usually rank between 1-5. One star meaning complete and utter wank, two stars average but somehow watchable, three stars for good, four stars for excellent and five stars for a masterpiece.

However, this flick has tested this review system, as it is impossible to give it even one star. Flixster insists that the lowest rating you can give, is half a star but I feel that is even too much of a compliment.

The plot line involves some elements of football hooliganism, but this is just a marketing ploy by the film makers to cash in on the market created by other shit flicks from this genre, such as the horrific Green Street duology, Rise of the Foot Soldier (actually that bad it is good) and Awaydays.

The essential annoying voice over, is matched with shit direction, a shit script, shit acting and every cliche in the book is used throughout.
½ April 6, 2013
As shit as it fucking looks.
March 16, 2013
Bit tame, some bad acting overall shit. enough said
February 25, 2013
Really good story line.
Loved it.
January 4, 2013
Pretty enjoyable Brit flick and worth a watch.
January 1, 2013
Seen worse Hooligan/ Crime films in recent years that came from the UK - Nick Nevern is actually one of the saving graces of the film because he is quite funny in parts and has some charm - but yeah watch Football Factory again instead, ultimately this film thinks it's FF for most of it's 80 minutes running time, how was Danny Dyer not in this film? must have clashed with his new program Danny Dyer's most disgruntled postmen.
½ December 17, 2012
Nothing too special.. not a patch on other football hooligan related movies.

[5/10]
November 5, 2012
Easy Money,
Be careful were you use your (CHIP & PIN) you have been warned?
September 17, 2012
Negative reviews were to be expected. I actually found this to be a highly enjoyable film. Of course this film won't win an originality price but I've seen much worse!
½ September 2, 2012
La historia de un hooligan que ademas es criminal podria ser interesante pero en las manos de Paul Tanter se convierte en una experiencia demasiado larga con demasiado dialogo irrelevante.

basicamente sequigmo a Nicjk un hooligan fracasado que al no encontrar empleo en la sociedad normal empieza a trabajar con los criminales en el mundo de el fraude masivo con tarjetas de credito, las secciones donde realiza sus entrevistas de trabajo serian graciosas sino fuera por el hecho de que nomas lo estan poniendo en situaciones ridiculas por que al escritor del libreto no se le ocurrio otra cosa que hacer para arrancar la pelicula,

De ahi en adelante la mvie toma un rumbo bastante rustico en su camino a ser un amla imitacionde una pelicula de guy ritchie con gente que cree que lo que esta diciendo es gracioso.

Ni es muy graciosa, ni es muy violenta, ni es mucho de nada sino pcoo de todo.
August 25, 2012
This shouldn't have been any good, it just wasn't that bad.
Set in London Mike tries to get out of the day to day efforts to find a job that isn't minimum wage so he can continue his relationship both with girlfriend & football.
The emphasis isn't really on the hooligan, apart from a couple of brief stand offs there's no real violence to speak of. It focuses more on the card cloning activities bit nationally & internationally whilst squeezing in the odd game.
Typical cockney performances pass by in the brief 80 minute film. This lifts heavily from the Football Factory format and could easily have been written for Danny Dyer. Maybe he actually turned it down.
It's below average but that's more than it could have hoped for.
July 16, 2012
Not sure why this seems to have got such negative ratings. As much as I enjoy watching him, it was refreshing to have a Hooligan movie without Danny Dyer. I thought Nick Nevern did well to hold his on. The movie was short but sweet and always got to the point. I would definitely recommend this one. Ignore the negative press.
½ July 7, 2012
No idea what this had to do with football, he wasn't even a white collar worker
Happy ending though....
½ July 7, 2012
If you haven't seen this, don't worry. You've seen it all before.
July 6, 2012
Complete and utter pig spunk, shit direction, shit script, shit acting, shit film with every cliche in the book been used throughout.