The Scorpion King 3: Battle For Redemption - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Scorpion King 3: Battle For Redemption Reviews

½ April 12, 2012
I don't get Ron Perlman I really don't, the guy is a pretty big Hollywood star yet he still takes jobs like this! I know he does act in allot of cheap sci-fi/fantasy and some of it can be good cult stuff but surely he could see how bad this was gonna be.

So this is now the sequel to the first film as we follow an older 'Mathayus' as events lead up towards what would happen before 'The Mummy 2'. Usual appearance for the film of course but its notably cheaper looking with lots of really bad background extras hehe if you watch the battles (of which there are many) most of them haven't a clue what they are doing.

The plot is all jumbled up and dull, its all about over throwing this king or that king and getting another for assistance or whatever...I dunno really, I wasn't sure who is wanting what but all you need to know is everything looks cheap, even the fights don't look convincing.

I just find it hard to believe they even got the well spoken Billy Zane and Temuera Morrison in this! Morrison does actually look the part with his shaven head and Zane as always injects some humour into the proceedings which is probably the best thing in the film, the Scorpion King is played by some guy I have never heard of.

Its all terrible, pretty wooden, obvious shell sets, a big fat oaf sidekick character because its funny when he burps apparently and some dubious 'Mortal Kombat' style magical characters at the end, I was not amused.
MANUGINO
February 23, 2012
Not so great! It was kinda entertaining at times but the story is just a joke. You think Ron Perlman would make the movie better but he hardly takes part on it and when he does he obviously doesn't bring it. Watch at own risk.

Since his rise to power, Mathayus' kingdom has fallen. Now an assassin for hire, he must defend a kingdom from an evil tyrant and his ghost warriors for the chance to regain the power and glory he once knew.
December 31, 2011
A total blast that dosent seem to let up. The best film in The Scorpion King franchise yet. An explosive, thrilling and tremendously enjoyable action-packed adventure. It`s wickedly entertaining and exciting fun from start to finish. It`s loaded with epic action, thrilling battles, great special effects and great humor. The film is sharp, funny and has some stunning locations. One of the most spectacular and explosive adventures to come along ina while. Director, Roel Reine who made the awesome Death Race 2, crafts another dazzling action film that shines with theatrical quality and makes for good entertainment. Victor Webster gives a great and solid performance, being more that a stand in for Dwayne Johnson. Billy Zane is terrific as the films lead villian and looks like he`s having a great time. Ron Perlman is excellent.
½ May 13, 2015
Though slightly better than the atrocious prequel, The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption is still low-budget schlock. After having lost his queen and his kingdom, Mathayus returns to his life as a mercenary and embarks upon a mission to stop a rogue warlord from raiding a fortress that protects the Book of the Dead. Victor Webster, Ron Perlman, and Billy Zane lead the cast, but none of them really tries to give a performance. And the fight choreography looks incredibly staged; carrying no danger or suspense. A pointless sequel, The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption undermines the series.
October 21, 2015
A sequel that feels like a cheap rip-off, but this one is played with a more straight-face (though not all of the characters are as pleasant). The action is sparse, as is good humor, but it can be fun at times with its fantastical elements and spotty locations.
September 15, 2013
Surprisingly good for a direct to dvd film. The sets and action are action quite large in scope. It loses points for a really lousy special effects shot of a desert, and the hero's accomplice is a terrible actor who can barely deliver his lines.
½ September 12, 2013
wow, a bit of a disappointment to me. low budget, very evident. but they did what they with what they had to work with eh?
July 22, 2013
on one and no resemblence to the first 2 kings pix this just plain sucks and exploits the 'scorpion king' franchise
June 18, 2013
way............... better than the first two films the scale is just massive and the action is non stop from start to finish and what a nice ensemble cast overall it's a pretty bad ass film kudos to the cast and director will there be a 4th sequel?
March 12, 2013
Surprisingly, this was better than SK2, although it is another straight to DVD product. Three movies and three different actors playing the title character. Kind of telling, isn't it? Though I enjoyed this one, you can't have high expectations going in or you will be disappointed. The story moves at a good pace, Olaf gives good comic relief, Silda (Krystal Vee) does appear to be worth fighting for, and the Scorpion King regains his confidence. Not great cinema, but I liked it.
½ May 13, 2012
Cheap, poorly made cash-grab with little action, little story and nothing interesting to offer. I was very disappointed.
½ May 12, 2012
This movie wasn't awful. For a stand alone story this was actually really good. When you consider it a sequel to the previous Scorpion King movies, that is when there is a problem.
½ May 7, 2012
What do you do on a Thursday night when you can't work on the computer? Why not rent one of the dumbest movies of all time? This was an absolutely HORRIBLE movie!
½ March 6, 2012
Such a fantastic movie rarely do you see films with such adventure and action as this one the only realy problem i had with this movie was the acting good lord the acting was horrendouse on this movie ,but really that was the only problem with it because other than that the movie kept up with the story of the scorpion king, I liked how they incorrpirated the book of the dead into this one that was a nice suprise also the character Vistor Webster played the perfect scorpion king he actually looked like the Dwayne Johnson. But in combination with all that on top of the fun action and adventure this movie had i would say it at least deserves a 50% plus or so on the tomatometer because you have to take into consideration that this was a movie that whent straight to theaters so of course in may not be like some of those other millions of dollar films but for a cheaply made movie this one was fantastic.
February 27, 2012
The only good thing about this movie was the semi-cute women. The fight scenes were okay but the rest of the story was crap. Sorry, but my dead grandma could write better material...
February 22, 2012
The Scorpion King 3 is one of those movies that you know is going to be awful going in. It has bad acting, a terrible script, poor camerawork, and very little resembling a functional plot. The action sequences are a major letdown and it tries so very hard to be funny. It forces every joke and every stiff one liner the script has to offer. Not only are the jokes forced and are extremely far from working in any shape or form. Obviously, nobody expected a blockbuster here as it never saw theaters. Possibly the saddest part of this movie is that it WANTS to be cheesy, corny, and "fun". However, The Scorpion King 3 even fails at failing.
½ February 8, 2012
Very bad movie. But yet it stayed bad in a good way. I had fun watching this. Got quite a few laughs whether or not they were intentional laughs I'm really not sure. But the laughs aren't enough to save this. First though you have to ask if a 3rd movie in a mediocre at best series that was spawned from another mediocre series be any good? Probably not. This version of the title character really is nothing like the origins. He doesn't really fight all that much and when he does he is never really a badass and gets bested half the time. Everything about this screams cheap. The sets and clothing looked horrible, and the acting and script was just as bad as the rest. Xena and Hercules shows looked better then this did 15 years ago. I did really enjoy the Olaf character and his banter. And Billy Zane again proves he is much too god of an actor to be in this crap. He was a lot of fun to watch I have to add. And Ron Pearlman fans get to be disappointed by the extremely little screen time he really has.
January 17, 2012
I wasn't expecting much and I was surprised that I really liked it. It had action and humor to make this movie a pleasant surprise!
½ March 19, 2016
Better than the second film, but still not a patch on the first.
February 16, 2016
Just awful. Terrible acting and horrible set design and poor special effects. The action scene were crafted with horrible choreography. A very badly written script with forced humor that wasn't funny.