Total Recall: Kristen Stewart's Best Movies

Summary

For the last couple of years, Kristen Stewart has been The Twilight Saga's Bella Swan -- and the middle of one of the most hotly contested love triangles in recent pop culture history. The debate between Team Jacob and Team Edward reaches its senses-shattering conclusion this week, with the release of Breaking Dawn Part 2, but no matter which side you're on, there's no denying that Stewart's film career has always been about more than vampires and werewolves. Over the last decade, she's assembled a crowded, surprisingly eclectic filmography, and Breaking Dawn Part 2 is only one part of a busy year that also includes her turn in On the Road, debuting December 21; we decided to join in the fun by celebrating her work with this week's Total Recall. Without further ado, here are Kristen Stewart's best-reviewed movies! Back to Article

Comments

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

She makes some fairly diverse choices in her roles and I used to think she was a good actress but now all she's become is a tabloid personality and her characters are lost to me. I don't see the character she's suppose to be but Kristen Stewart, magazine cover star.

I always liked the Larry King interview of Al Pacino where he asked why Pacino had stayed out of the public limelight beyond his films. Pacino answered by saying he wants people to see his character in his films, not Al Pacino. I always appreciated this ideal and, IMO, is proof of a true performer vs. a hack.

Nov 15 - 01:56 AM

Natalie Faber

Natalie Faber

I very much agree with you, but I think you're falling into the trap of not actually paying attention to what kinda' crap the papers are trying to feed you. Just because her personal life was raided by paparazzi - who stalked her and found intimate photos of her kissing someone and then spread it all over the news - doesn't mean that she has decided to become a tabloid personality.

I'm not a Twilight fan, and thought I wasn't a Steward fan until I took the time to see her work, she's actually a quality actress, and that should be the short and long of it.

Nov 15 - 01:10 PM

Glenn Craven

Glenn Craven

Not many famous people "decide" to become a tabloid personality. They either avoid doing the embarrassing, salacious things that get them on the cover of tabloids, or they don't.

That said, I just watched "Adventureland," enjoyed it, and thought Kristen Stewart was quite good.

Nov 15 - 11:34 PM

Peter Rutkiewicz

Pacino was often accused of playing Al Pacino and not playing a character. That ended with The Godfather. You have to admit that Michael was nothing like the Al Pacino in earlier films.

Nov 18 - 06:04 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

I don't get why so many people act as if she was the worst actress to date (wanna see be acting, then watch Tara Reid try to act). Sure she has her hit & miss acting, but when she actually gives a performance, she GIVES a performance. I like her as an actress, & frankly simply saying she's a horrible actress based on just Twilight is only half-minded of people.

Nov 15 - 11:11 AM

Aria Clements

Aria Clements

A good actor or actress will give a good performance every moment they're on stage. Viewers shouldn't have to sit through a bunch of blandness for a minute or two that might be good. I've seen several of her movies, and she's really not great. The vast majority of time she looks like she'd rather be anywhere else. In ten hours of Twilight movies, there was only one time she showed anything other than a sense of boredom, and that was finding out Jacob "imprinted" on her infant daughter. It's not good acting to be far more miss than hit.

Nov 16 - 01:43 AM

Peter Rutkiewicz

An actor doesn't write the script. They do their best to make the character better. Some roles give them more latitude than others.

Nov 18 - 07:03 PM

Dana Cavanaugh

Dana Cavanaugh

It's a mystery to me why anyone would pay to see her in a movie. She's terrible.

Nov 15 - 11:13 AM

Peter Rutkiewicz

It may comfort you to know that she is the top grossing actress of 2011, banking 30 million, probably double that with all the cover girl stuff, not to mention 15 awards and 18 other nominations. Terrible has been paying very well these days.

Nov 18 - 07:31 PM

Natalie Faber

Natalie Faber

Nov 15 - 01:10 PM

jackdaddy

jackson maloney

Craig's top 10?

Nov 15 - 02:35 PM

Jon Winter

Jon Winter

meaning these articles are just copy/pasted from old ones (i'm guessing Daniel Craig was done just previously)

Nov 17 - 11:38 AM

Jennifer Shepard

Jennifer Shepard

She gained a loyal fan in me when she portrayed Joan Jett in a totally believable way. The Runaways is awesome. Adventureland cemented it. I'm looing forward to her part in On the Road and I hope she makes some good indie choices going forward, because that should be her niche, as opposed to these big blockbuster roles.

Nov 15 - 04:13 PM

Steve Donsky

Steve Donsky

Try welcome to the riley‚??s. great performance. I think I root for her (and watch all her movies) because of all the hate. She has some great performances (runaways is great but I obsessed with this band)

Nov 17 - 07:41 PM

Peter Rutkiewicz

Welcome to the Riley's was a really fine film. It also deals with something that Kristen Stewart is very concerned about...the plight of young women who have been pushed by economic necessity into prostitution. Whoever said she has no heart does not know her well.

Nov 18 - 07:35 PM

Katie M.

Katie M

I agree. She was incredible in Speak.

Nov 15 - 05:55 PM

Rbaldelli7

Michael Baldelli

Now you guys are just being silly. I didn't even think you'd be able to put a list of 10 together.

Nov 15 - 06:31 PM

Ryan Sanders

Ryan Sanders

Stewarts acting is comparable to that of Steven Seagal. The only movie that I enjoyed of Stewarts was "The Runaways."

Nov 15 - 08:37 PM

Glenn Craven

Glenn Craven

Nov 15 - 11:34 PM

Timothy Kerridge

Timothy Kerridge

she was brilliant in that ! she practicaly made the film ! if that had been me i'd have locked my self in that trailler and swallowed the key. millenia from now Alien acheologists would have used our intertwined bodies to determine that human beings mated for life !

Nov 15 - 11:54 PM

Peter Rutkiewicz

Mouse ears and bunny teeth. Long hair and long legs. Angst and loneliness. The imperfect perfect. Some guys see it and some don't.

Nov 18 - 07:25 PM

Charlie Figueroa

Charlie Figueroa

You can "come of age" and/or do a substantial amount of growing after college.

Nov 16 - 01:14 AM

Aria Clements

Aria Clements

I've seen several of her movies, and her acting is so bland that she's forgettable.

Nov 16 - 01:39 AM

Peter Rutkiewicz

Watch The Cake Eaters. Her performance is unforgettable.

Nov 18 - 06:36 PM

Aria Clements

Aria Clements

She's bland.

Nov 16 - 01:39 AM

Aria Clements

Aria Clements

This is why I don't understand why people love her. She's a bland, boring actress who never shows any emotions. She's monotone most of the time like a female Ben Stein.

Nov 16 - 01:40 AM

Peter Rutkiewicz

She was 17 and the youngest person on the set in Twilight, yet she had to act and narrate the film. The other young people were in their twenties.

Nov 18 - 06:50 PM

Peter Rutkiewicz

Ben Stein's monotone is a comedic act. Making that putdown is an indication of something other than a fair assessment. Box office speaks for itself. Top grossing actress and just 21-22. She didn't hit the lottery, she worked hard for it all over the world.

Nov 18 - 06:55 PM

Aria Clements

Aria Clements

Nov 16 - 01:43 AM

Nick Kane

Nick Kane

Because there were definitely no press tours or premier for it right?

Nov 16 - 01:59 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office