Vote For Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, Part 2

Summary

Every year, the Razzies celebrate the worst that Hollywood has to offer. More than 48 thousand Rotten Tomatoes fans helped to choose the nominees, now it's time to pick the big winner. Cast your vote for Razzies' Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, and find out the results on Oscar Eve, February 23. Back to Article

Comments

Dead

Sean Bean

This is...unimaginably difficult. Every film nominated is so horrible that it deserves to be recognized for it. I think Piranha 3-DD may take it just because it's the only film on the list which is a sequel to something that was actually enjoyable. This makes it a special offender.

Feb 1 - 09:58 AM

Shashvat Patel

Shashvat Patel

I agree with this thinking. I think ghost rider 2 was the worst movie on this list but i actually had hopes for Piranha 3dd due to the awesome trailer and the fact that the first one was very entertaining.

Feb 1 - 02:41 PM

Nelson Verdejo

Nelson Verdejo

ghost rider was definitely a let down to marvel films but im appalled by the fact that none of you are recognizing twilight breaking dawn as the worst ... not matter how bad these other films are, breaking dawn will always have my vote for worst anything because it is just so god awful and worse than anything else out there

Feb 8 - 08:48 AM

Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton

Breaking down had the advantage of being a continuation of a horrible movie. Expectations were for crap, and they were met.

Feb 8 - 09:39 AM

bek1

Brian Kiser

Breaking Dawn was a FAR, far better movie than Ghost Rider 2.

Feb 8 - 11:05 PM

Tanner K.

Tanner Knight

Breaking Dawn Part 2 was actually enjoyably bad, in my opinion!

Feb 15 - 03:52 PM

hoeech

Thomas H.

While Breaking Dawn was in fact a horrible movie, it nonetheless has its fans. The same cannot be said of Ghost Rider 2. Even comic book fans hated this turd.

Feb 15 - 05:33 PM

Mohd Syafiq Bin Jabaruddin

Mohd Syafiq Bin Jabaruddin

Easy vote for Red Dawn, I'll say. It totally misses the satirical and mocking nature of the original, and fails to update the themes of the original to fit the current global politics.

Piranha 3DD fails to live up to the original films but is otherwise just bleh. Ghost Rider 2 has some amazing work from the actors, especially Cage. Breaking Dawn Part 2 continues to parody the books and troll the fans. Tyler Perry is just being Tyler Perry.

Feb 2 - 05:20 PM

CHRISTOPHER K.

CHRISTOPHER KELLER

I don't know if you were an adult in the 80's, but the original Red Dawn was serious and neither satirical or mocking-it was just a shockingly bad movie. I do agree that the remake is just awful and deserving of the Razzie.

Feb 5 - 07:25 PM

jroush1

James Roush

the original red dawn was neither satirical nor mocking. it was trying to get people to sympathize with the afghani guerillas we were currently supporting.

Feb 15 - 11:51 AM

Jérémy Dion

Jérémy Dion

I voted for Pirahnna for the same reasons and what I heard from people, though I still have to (not) watch it.

Feb 6 - 01:04 AM

CHRISTOPHER K.

CHRISTOPHER KELLER

I agree with this arguement up to a point. Yes the original Pirahana was better than the original's of the other movies on the list and did create some expectations for the sequel. However, the original Red Dawn was just terrible so the expectations for the new Red Dawn with Chris Hemsworth being better were sky high. When the new Red Dawn was vastly worse than the original, total chaos was the result and a Razzie winner was born.

Feb 7 - 08:54 PM

Douglas Kruse

Douglas Kruse

I rather liked Twilight: breaking dawn 2. But to each his own.

Feb 15 - 10:30 AM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

I didn't waste my time or money on any of them, so I guess I can't vote. Ah well.

Feb 1 - 10:36 AM

Bohdan Zhuk

Bohdan Zhuk

me neither. but I voted anyway - for the one that annoyed me most. that's Twilight, obviously :D

Feb 1 - 11:54 AM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

twilight here too

Feb 1 - 12:36 PM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Yeah, Twilight is definitely a good bet. It deserves all the hate it gets.

Feb 1 - 02:46 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Linda, it doesn't deserve it. They're not the greatest franchise ever, but they aren't the films Aaron Seltzer & Jason Friedberg have made. You'd have to have your head rammed really far in your ass to say Twilight deserves the hate it gets (because from the average point if view, they aren't THAT bad, save for the second one).

Feb 3 - 01:07 AM

Janson Jinnistan

No shortage of heads in asses around here. "Twilight" is insultingly pedestrian - if that qualifies as "not bad". It's a cynical exploitation of co-dependence. The hate has as much to do with the disproportionate phenomena surrounding the films, but, hey, that's what the Razzies do. They aim to deflate celebrity pomp.

Feb 3 - 01:41 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Well, this proved it.

Feb 3 - 11:23 PM

Tom McHugh

Tom McHugh

I'm totally with George though. Even though the Twilight films are pretty awful, I can't think of any film that really goes lower than any Seltzer-Berg movie. Also, they're bad because they're dumb and poorly acted, but I'd hardly say they're as bad as Red Dawn or Ghost Rider 2

Feb 5 - 07:45 AM

Grant F.

Grant Fitzgerald

I agree, I have seen way worse movies. They aren't as bad as all that. The first one has great style and I like it.

Feb 5 - 10:16 AM

But can you dance to it?

Feb 5 - 01:07 PM

Antonio Gray

Antonio Gray

Twilight is too easy a target. I didn't see any of them either but...I'd pick Red Dawn because it was unnecessary (plus I work at a theater which showed it. I've seen enough scenes to get an idea. None of them were good) or Piranha 3DD, if it was as disappointing as I heard compared to the previous film.

Feb 2 - 01:05 PM

Lihui Chang

Lihui Chang

Bohdan...did you see the movie? or did it annoy you to see it on posters, etc...

Feb 3 - 12:27 PM

Janson Jinnistan

It annoyed me that there was no dancing...like they're apparently doing on the poster.

Feb 3 - 01:44 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Good girl. Starve the Beast!

Feb 1 - 04:37 PM

Brian Trachuk

Brian Trachuk

word

Feb 4 - 01:17 AM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Neither did I, but it's always fun to massacre such crap.

Feb 10 - 01:27 PM

Debra Petritsch

Debra Petritsch

Hands down the remake of Total Recall with Collin Farrell - terrible!

Feb 1 - 10:46 AM

Steven Doyle

Steven Doyle

Although not a patch on the original i really enjoyed it.

Feb 1 - 11:31 AM

vyrpalmeris

Ryan Palmer

It wasn't great but it doesn't come near to the level of awfulness that is any of Tyler Perry's movies.

Feb 1 - 11:54 AM

Stephen

Stephen Aspinall

True! Why can't people realize this.

Feb 6 - 01:53 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

This is the one here I have to disagree with: TOTAL RECALL was certainly blah and forgettable, but it doesn't plumb the depths of RED DAWN or PIRANHA 3DD.

Feb 1 - 02:44 PM

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

I actually thought the remake wasn't all that bad. I actually bought it on Blu-Ray, which is only for films that I feel deserve the extra few bucks for High Definition.

Feb 3 - 09:49 AM

?????? ??????

?????? ??????

I didn't waste money on any of that crap, but I wasted my time downloading and watching Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, so that takes the cake for me.

Feb 1 - 10:48 AM

Dave Kalin

Dave Kalin

Red Dawn was just awful... both the remake AND the original!!

Feb 1 - 10:48 AM

lianis

Keith Vanderwielen

The original hit a certain nerve when it came out, but it'd be hard to think of anything more solely a product of it's time. The remake was not only unwanted, it makes no sense (how the heck could North Korea successfully invade the US?).

Feb 1 - 09:36 PM

Robert Hayes

Robert Hayes

Maybe it would have been more plausible if they hadn't changed the villain from the Chinese as was originally intended.

Feb 16 - 04:16 PM

James Wood

James Wood

Piranha 3DD was pure trash, Hasselhoff is an embarrassment and it was just a mess.

Feb 1 - 11:11 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

I don't watch bad films (if I can help it) so, I probably haven't seen anything that was nominated.

Feb 1 - 11:19 AM

Steven Doyle

Steven Doyle

Although not a patch on the original i really enjoyed it.

Feb 1 - 11:31 AM

Dave J

Dave J

The only one I had seen so far is Piranha 3-D so I guess I can't vote since it'll be unfair to the others!

Feb 1 - 11:43 AM

vyrpalmeris

Ryan Palmer

Feb 1 - 11:54 AM

Stephen

Stephen Aspinall

True! Why can't people realize this.

Feb 6 - 01:53 PM

Bohdan Zhuk

Bohdan Zhuk

Feb 1 - 11:54 AM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

twilight here too

Feb 1 - 12:36 PM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Yeah, Twilight is definitely a good bet. It deserves all the hate it gets.

Feb 1 - 02:46 PM

Lihui Chang

Lihui Chang

Feb 3 - 12:27 PM

Feb 3 - 01:44 PM

Jónas Haux

Jónas Haux

You know when the choices are horrible when a Twilight-film is the best of the bunch.

Feb 1 - 12:05 PM

Maury Cohen

Maury Cohen

Pretty much.

Feb 1 - 08:26 PM

SixDegreesOf21

Kathleen Runas

kudos

Feb 10 - 05:15 AM

Tresor Thehater

Tresor Thehater

it sucks ass,the best way to describe is "garbage"

Feb 1 - 12:28 PM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

twilight here too

Feb 1 - 12:36 PM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Yeah, Twilight is definitely a good bet. It deserves all the hate it gets.

Feb 1 - 02:46 PM

Grant Fitzgerald

Feb 5 - 10:16 AM

But can you dance to it?

Feb 5 - 01:07 PM

Jj Demon

Jj Demon

You only have to see 1 Tyler Perry movie to know that if he has a movie on the list, it deserves to win as the worst.

Feb 1 - 12:53 PM

Stephen

Stephen Aspinall

exactly!

Feb 6 - 01:54 PM

Efrain S.

Efrain Sanchez

Honestly, Twilight was not as bad as a lot of garbage that came out last year. Piranha 3dd, Resident Evil part 100, The apparition, MY GOD!! Its a crime that garbage was made.

Feb 1 - 01:02 PM

Jack Zigler

Jack Zigler

A tough crowd, but in my opinion, the worst sequels are the ones to things that screw over the original, and the original Red Dawn is the best of the group. It's not very good, but it certainly has its fans, and one of the most jingoistic, controversial, and violent movies of its time certainly didn't deserve a PG-13 piece of crap that completely changed its plot mid-production to get its hands on that sweet Chinese money that mysteriously failed to materialize.

Feb 1 - 01:19 PM

Janson Jinnistan

The original "Red Dawn" was PG-13 too, in fact, it was the first studio PG-13 release.

Feb 1 - 04:40 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Really? I thought that was Back to the Future or Gremlins. Ya learn something new everyday. Gremlins was the one that inspired the PG-13 right? or am I totally off in my own world here?

Feb 4 - 02:30 AM

King  S.

King Simba

It was Gremlins and Temple of Doom that inpired the PG-13 rating (ironically, both Spielberg productions) but Red Dawn was the first film to get the PG-13 rating. Back to the Future hit theaters a about a year later, though it still got a PG rating (other than the mother falling for her son which was mainly done for humor it was pretty harmless).

Feb 4 - 07:36 AM

Alex Bauman

Alex Bauman

If I remember correctly, Back to the future had a pretty decent amount of language. Plus Biff tried to rape Marty's mom and in the beginning of the film, Doc was killed by terrorists. I'll have to rewatch it but it felt like it should've been PG-13 from what I remember

Feb 5 - 11:47 PM

Janson Jinnistan

And this is why kids today are soft.

Feb 6 - 11:56 AM

Jack Zigler

Jack Zigler

Yeah, but it PUSHED that PG-13.

Feb 4 - 12:11 PM

Rona Laney

Rona Laney

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom created the PG-13 rating

Feb 5 - 06:38 PM

Tony Gallagher

Tony Gallagher

Most sequels are pretty dire: the same can be said of remakes. When will they learn to leave a classic film alone?

Feb 1 - 01:58 PM

Forrest King

Forrest King

Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 did what any good sequel should do: be better than it's predecessor. Not saying it was amazing, but not terrible either. Never saw Piranaha 3-DD so my vote goes to Witless Protection.

Feb 1 - 02:09 PM

Saetre

Saetre Saetre

No Resident Evil: Retribution? Seriously?

Feb 1 - 02:13 PM

lianis

Keith Vanderwielen

The competition was tough. But RE:Retribution was horrific, even in comparison to the previous four RE movies... as bad as Ghost Rider: SoV was, RE:R was worse. But then, GR:SoV had more potential to be a decent movie, so maybe what happened there was the bigger crime. It never occurred to me that RE:Retribution would be good, although I was actually stunned at how incoherently bad it managed to be.

Feb 1 - 09:39 PM

Vits

Vicente Torres

It WAS on the ballots. I even voted for it. But the hatred for TWILIGHT is bigger.

Feb 3 - 09:37 AM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies