Vote For Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, Part 2

Summary

Every year, the Razzies celebrate the worst that Hollywood has to offer. More than 48 thousand Rotten Tomatoes fans helped to choose the nominees, now it's time to pick the big winner. Cast your vote for Razzies' Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, and find out the results on Oscar Eve, February 23. Back to Article

Comments

Maury Cohen

Maury Cohen

Pretty much.

Feb 1 - 08:26 PM

Larry Mccoy

Larry Mccoy

Piranha 3-DD doesn't even make good fish bait.

Feb 1 - 09:23 PM

lianis

Keith Vanderwielen

This was a struggle. In the end, I went with Red Dawn because it's something absolutely nobody asked to be remade. At least with each of the other films, there is a clear fanbase that wanted the movie, even if they ended up unsatisfied with what they got.

Feb 1 - 09:34 PM

lianis

Keith Vanderwielen

The original hit a certain nerve when it came out, but it'd be hard to think of anything more solely a product of it's time. The remake was not only unwanted, it makes no sense (how the heck could North Korea successfully invade the US?).

Feb 1 - 09:36 PM

Robert Hayes

Robert Hayes

Maybe it would have been more plausible if they hadn't changed the villain from the Chinese as was originally intended.

Feb 16 - 04:16 PM

lianis

Keith Vanderwielen

The competition was tough. But RE:Retribution was horrific, even in comparison to the previous four RE movies... as bad as Ghost Rider: SoV was, RE:R was worse. But then, GR:SoV had more potential to be a decent movie, so maybe what happened there was the bigger crime. It never occurred to me that RE:Retribution would be good, although I was actually stunned at how incoherently bad it managed to be.

Feb 1 - 09:39 PM

lianis

Keith Vanderwielen

Yeah, bad as Twilight movies are, at least they satisfy their target audience. I am definitely in the target audience for Ghost Rider and Resident Evil, and both of the 2012 sequels managed to achieve new depths of awful that deserve to be recognized.

Feb 1 - 09:41 PM

Rosvel Salinas

Rosvel Salinas

I wanna vote The Amazing Spiderman, all others were part of messy movie series since the beginning, but Amazing Spiderman not only was unneeded but it also ruined what was a Perfect Trilogy...

Feb 1 - 09:54 PM

Ricky Hood

Ricky Hood

Troll . This is the worst comment on this ENTIRE SITE!!!

Feb 2 - 08:46 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Agreed

Feb 4 - 02:34 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

Is it really that bad? I like all the other spider mans. 3 is my favorite.

Feb 10 - 06:55 AM

Jonathan Glasman

Jonathan Glasman

In honor of Black History Month, I vote for Tyler Perry for his continued efforts in sending black people back a century.

Feb 2 - 02:44 AM

Shin Devi

Shin Devi

All the movies are so bad. I'm confused. Well, I will vote Twilight. This is its last time and even though Piranha 3DD is a trash but I think Twilight deserves more because it always has bad sequel and tortures us every year

Feb 2 - 06:23 AM

hadisyd

Mike Richards

ghost rider 2

Feb 2 - 07:25 AM

Davit Harvan

Davit Harvan

I could at least laughed watching Piranha 3DD because it's so bad... but I was really pissed watching Ghost Rider 2. It's bad, baaad.

Feb 2 - 07:46 AM

Brad Foulk

Brad Foulk

Honestly, I voted for Twilight SBD #2 because of the idiotic twist ending. Along with that, the three idiots in their main roles still can't act in their parts. Along with that, the story overall seems dull and can't keep it's audience interested. (Unless you're some twi-hard that just loves shirtless werewolves and sparkly vampires)

Feb 2 - 10:26 AM

Kevin Griffiths

Kevin Griffiths

it's not that difficult, only one movie is bad enough to feature sparkling "vampires"

Feb 2 - 12:50 PM

Antonio Gray

Antonio Gray

Twilight is too easy a target. I didn't see any of them either but...I'd pick Red Dawn because it was unnecessary (plus I work at a theater which showed it. I've seen enough scenes to get an idea. None of them were good) or Piranha 3DD, if it was as disappointing as I heard compared to the previous film.

Feb 2 - 01:05 PM

Mohd Syafiq Bin Jabaruddin

Mohd Syafiq Bin Jabaruddin

Easy vote for Red Dawn, I'll say. It totally misses the satirical and mocking nature of the original, and fails to update the themes of the original to fit the current global politics.

Piranha 3DD fails to live up to the original films but is otherwise just bleh. Ghost Rider 2 has some amazing work from the actors, especially Cage. Breaking Dawn Part 2 continues to parody the books and troll the fans. Tyler Perry is just being Tyler Perry.

Feb 2 - 05:20 PM

CHRISTOPHER K.

CHRISTOPHER KELLER

I don't know if you were an adult in the 80's, but the original Red Dawn was serious and neither satirical or mocking-it was just a shockingly bad movie. I do agree that the remake is just awful and deserving of the Razzie.

Feb 5 - 07:25 PM

jroush1

James Roush

the original red dawn was neither satirical nor mocking. it was trying to get people to sympathize with the afghani guerillas we were currently supporting.

Feb 15 - 11:51 AM

Ricky Hood

Ricky Hood

Troll . This is the worst comment on this ENTIRE SITE!!!

Feb 2 - 08:46 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Agreed

Feb 4 - 02:34 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Linda, it doesn't deserve it. They're not the greatest franchise ever, but they aren't the films Aaron Seltzer & Jason Friedberg have made. You'd have to have your head rammed really far in your ass to say Twilight deserves the hate it gets (because from the average point if view, they aren't THAT bad, save for the second one).

Feb 3 - 01:07 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Twilight is still on this list, but apparently they didn't put Taken 2. Then again, this list is from the people who gave Crystal Skull the award for worst sequel over DISASTER MOVIE, & gave more nominations to Eclipse than THE LAST AIRBENDER, so there is no reason for me to take them seriously (regardless of the hilarious award sweeping Jack & Jill got)

Feb 3 - 01:12 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

I kind of liked Jack & Jill and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Guilty pleasure.

Feb 10 - 06:55 AM

Vits

Vicente Torres

TAKEN 2 was on the ballots for Worst Sequel (and also Worst Actor for LN and Worst Supp. Actress for MG).

Feb 10 - 02:18 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Twilight wins by default.

Feb 3 - 02:55 AM

Vits

Vicente Torres

It WAS on the ballots. I even voted for it. But the hatred for TWILIGHT is bigger.

Feb 3 - 09:37 AM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies