The Vow Reviews

May 4, 2015
The premise feels very forced throughout with lots of plot holes masked over.
April 23, 2015
it's pretty wonderful to see my favorite actor and actress starred together.a little bit weird combination between muscular Channing and sweet Rachel,but the chemistry between the two performers was quite amazing.Everyone who had been deeply in love with someone special should watch the movie.The Vow.
½ April 1, 2015
71%
Saw this on 31/3/15
The vow starts off well, but it becomes shallow and ordinary in it's last 20-30 minutes. However it's watchable due to the earnest efforts of Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams.
½ March 21, 2015
Usually I like bad films. They have something to laugh at, after all. This film has nothing - no humour, no depth, no interesting plot. Only some good looking, yet completely boring people.
February 27, 2015
this movie is very romantic and touching, can't understand why it was given such a low rating.
February 4, 2015
I was expecting a little bit more
½ January 26, 2015
The chemistry between Tatum and McAdams makes sparks fly, but overall the movie would have been much more compelling if they had based the story on the real people. Go read the book. "The Vow" is the wrong title for this film.
February 7, 2012
Shockingly enough, I had never seen this movie. My BF had it (that's the shocking part considering it's such a "chick flick" or so people claim) and we watched it together. Always love a good romance. (Oh yeah...and Channing Tatum is so freaking HOT!) :)
½ January 5, 2015
El episodio en el que Marge pierde la memoria es mejor (y lo que digo no es por hacerme el gracioso de internet, realmente es un asco esta película, solo la vi por que no tenia sueño ._.)
½ December 22, 2014
the film was a turn off from the beginning terrible love story and Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams weir not the right actor for a film like this, director Michael Sucsy made a bad choice of making this movie.
½ May 19, 2012
Both were fantastic! Super romantic yet a bit sad..
November 18, 2014
typical and predictable romance
½ March 24, 2012
entertaining, although i knew the story, mostly. love RM, and found some little things, like the accident at the beginning, done differently/well enough to make it worth seeing.
½ November 11, 2014
Eleanor said she was too tired for subtitles and did we have anything fluffy to watch? This wasn't too bad, very predictable and a tad sugary, but had some fairly mature insights mixed through, such as "I stayed with your father for all the things he got right instead of leaving him for the one thing he got wrong"... And Rachel McAdams does do adorable very effectively. A pleasant undemanding romcom.
½ October 27, 2014
A romantic drama, in which a wife loses five years of memories, including those of meeting, dating, and marrying her husband, after a car accident. He has to re-establish the relationship from the beginning. The complication is that she has also lost all memory of why she moved out of her parents's home. Based on a true story, this is interesting in a clinical sort of way, but doesn't really grab us the way it should.
½ September 28, 2014
"The Vow" is exactly what you would expect from a chick flick released on Valentine's Day. It is cute, an appropriate amount of cheesiness, and full of romantic moments that will make your wife say "Why can't you say nice things like that to me?" While it isn't my favorite chick flick, it certainly gets bonus points for being based on a true story, as unbelievable as it may seem. Rachel McAdams is the perfect choice to play Paige, both for her track record of starring in chick flicks and the quality of acting that she brings to the screen. Channing Tatum does about the best job that he can, but he was probably picked more for his looks (which ironically caused girls to guilt their boyfriends into seeing this on Valentine's Day) than for his dramatic acting. Even though both of these actors are in their thirties, they almost seemed to useful to be taken seriously as a married couple. Their chemistry is nice but I think that the make-up and costume artists portrayed them a bit too young. The story itself is interesting but often fills us with disdain for the characters instead of making us love them. "The Vow" is a great date-night film but falls short of the "Oscar-Worthy Love Story" category.
May 12, 2012
Warning:
Ableism

Engaging but annoying because of ...
I can't believe this is based on a true story, because the whole drama and conflict was caused by the fact that he arbitrarily decides not to tell his amnesiac wife one important detail that could have easily been verified. But instead he decides to be unconvincing and struggle with his wife believing the lies she's told by her family, and forces her to avoid him because he's being such a creeper. It's like arbitrary starvation while surrounded by good food and expecting sympathy.
Two great actors, but true or not, this story's plot is all fail.
September 7, 2014
was ok I guess. I like McAdams. based on true events as they say.....
May 17, 2012
Very confronting, but beautiful love story. Love is strong when it needs to overcome difficulties, but sometimes you just have to let go of your loved one, in order to get the love back. A good lesson, with some humor.