The Watch Reviews

October 10, 2012
A simple-minded, predictable movie, The Watch is definitely not the best. But, the talented cast and the perfect script makes The Watch an overall funny movie. Unlike some other comedies, it is an almost guaranteed laughter session.
August 5, 2015
I had to give this a full star rating because one, this actually has a decent plot and two, they played Easy-E's song when the credits roll. Not only because of those two but the story really took a U-Turn. I thought it was just another typical comedy movie with a typical serial murder case but I did not expect what was gonna happen halfway through the movie. Comedy movies tend to not take things so seriously and that's what you would expect with a movie like this and I'm glad Ben Stiller along with Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, and someone I'm not familiar with, Richard Ayoade to be in a movie like this. Although it may have a bad rating and the usual flaws found in this movie like the almost infinite bullets scene with Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn, the movie was entertaining anyhow. I'm sure watching with friends and perhaps with a family, it's all the more enjoyable. This is one of those movies where you can just have good laughs while the story is attainable. That's the kind of comedy movie I like and some of Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey movies tend to have those kind. Should they make a sequel? Why not? But it's hard to go down the road with comedy movies containing sequels but why not? As long as they still keep the sense of humor in that was established in the first film then it's all good. But that's just me. I enjoyed this and actually made me laugh in some of the parts in the movie. Even if none of the actors in this movie were not my top favorites.
½ August 2, 2015
Just watched it, biggest piece of tosh i've seen in a long time.
July 27, 2012
Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill, that should be 90 minutes of hilarity right there, but um, what happened, because I don't think there is even 90 seconds of hilarity. First of all, anyone that knows my taste of movie knows that I am not a huge fan of movies about aliens, in fact, the only 2 I actually like are Signs and War of the Worlds. Now, knowing this, I figured that the 3 main actors would save this for me, but unfortunately, they did not, not even close actually. It's about Aliens, and that's all I can say. There were a couple of funny lines, but I didn't even really laugh at them more than just smirking a bit and that's bad, because these 3 should have been hilarious together, instead, they all fell flat, and the movie falls even flatter because of it. Very disappointed and I wasn't even expecting much, so that's not a good thing. SKIP this one, or the only thing thing that will be watched will be your watch.
½ August 11, 2012
Horribly disappointing.
July 24, 2015
This film for the most part garnered terrible reviews. I want to balance that a little. I thought Vince Vaughan was great in this and sparred well with Hill. The Ayoade character is superfluous which is a shame because he is a comic talent. I thought the film did not need the alien element. Many critics did not laugh - well I laughed plenty for the first half of the movie, I started to lose interest with the appearance of the alien. It is funny, it is flawed. It is nowhere near as bad as these other reviewers suggest.
July 21, 2015
A rewatch of a right piece of shit, but in saying that I liked it. The gags don't come quick and fast, but there is enough of them to make it tolerable but not enough to earn three stars. The scene with De-Witt on the dining room table made me cream my togs.
July 19, 2015
Not terrible. Tend to be wary of Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn comedies so saying this movie with both douchebags made me laugh is worth something. Yes 'The Watch' does frequently trade wit for loud expletives and the general story of an alien invasion could be part of the Sainsbury's basics range but the natural silly antics of Hill, Ayoade and Vaughn bouncing off Stiller's straight-faced leader is just enough to pave over the script's weaknesses.
½ July 18, 2015
This is mediocre. Not even "so bad it's good" - just tiresomely unfunny. Richard Ayoade is a superb British comedian/actor who featured in the subline The IT Crowd sitcom. Why on earth did he get involved in this?
July 8, 2015
More stupid than funny. And I don't mean it was stupid funny. There were a few laughs. Johah Hill and Vince Vaughn were the best, but even they were only marginally funny.
July 3, 2015
The Watch opts to be crude when it has every opportunity to be funny.
July 9, 2012
A few mild laughs cannot salvage an otherwise unimpressive comedy. Unsurprisingly Vince Vaughn is up to his usual antics, which as always, aren't funny.
July 18, 2013
ridiculous but funny. many funny lines. come on everything doesnt have to be some big-head over thought story.....reviewers that love stuff like 'driving miss daisy' will pan it because it fits their pre programmed idea of 'not good'. It's funny. not hilarious, but amusing.
June 4, 2015
AWFUL. And it's a shame, too, because the aliens in The Watch are actually really cool-looking. The movie doesn't have a single laugh. None. Zero. Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill are just playing their typical characters: Vaughn yells and freaks out a lot while Hill is soft-spoken and does all the dry humor. We've seen this all before.
May 24, 2015
Eh. Ben Stiller and a gang of adult ragamuffins form a neighborhood watch only to be thwarted by divergent purposes and loyalties. The big alien twist is quite deus ex machina - oops spoilers - but Billy Crudup is slickly creepy as an Eyes Wide Shut sex emperor.
May 21, 2015
The watch is something sort of original and has a few moments where its funny but then others you realize they tried to hard. to watch this movie you must have a sense of humor or you might find it offensive its somewhat entertaining with a weak plot led by decent roles. This movie wouldn't be bad seeing for a few laughs with friends.
½ April 19, 2015
Kind of standard fair for the cast. Schaffer as director helped the laggy parts keep from getting too draggy, which was nice. It was goofy, nothing too special.
April 14, 2015
A bit silly, but OK for some entertainment...
½ March 30, 2015
If you don't have anything else to watch, this movie is always an ok backup!