97% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Watch Reviews

July 28, 2014
Comedy isn't The Watch's strongest point, but it is very enjoyable and didn't quite deserve the hate that it got.

7.5/10
June 24, 2014
I just plain didn't like it. It was funny on paper but it had too desperate of a feel to it, like it was bumbling around, wasting time, being happy and drunk. It's very ugly to watch for a serious person, but for a smug party animal and hippie, I guess it's a little more tolerable. I just found it shocking. And not in a good way. I'm just not a fan of the ultra lazy, smug and smart type of person that thinks that doing things that are really easy is the way to go and is always happy. It's offensive to people who actually struggle with anxiety to see these drunk crackheads make a joke out of everything by taking shortcuts and putting no effort in whatsoever while other people struggle to make a living, to get enough to eat.
July 16, 2014
Bad - or even awful - don't even begin to describe this painfully lame movie. Funny guys doing a lot of nothing with nothing material.
July 8, 2014
Reading these reviews, I would not watch this movie - however the reality is that it is actually quite fun and achieves what is sets out to do. It is lazy, low-ball, vulgar humour and sometimes that is required. Definitely worth the watch.
July 1, 2012
You know this actually looks kinda funny
July 23, 2012
A waste of talented actors and even more talented writers. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg as well as the rest of the cast onscreen tried to create some sort of raunchy, hard-R send up to Ghostbusters. But they tripped on their own feet while doing it. This movie is all over the place, and not in a good way.
July 1, 2014
The Watch has its funny moments but is lazy and apathetic with its delivery. Feeling like it was put together in one afternoon, it has its spurts of comedic glamor, but is overridden by a plague of uncaring moments that don't contribute anything to the plot. It is barely worth the watch and has little to be proud of.
Eric B.
August 10, 2012
Absolutely hilarious and obviously had a great cast to go along with this movie. This movie has great taste in music and the humor was off the charts.
Drew B.
June 14, 2014
Funny, entertaining, and full of a knockout cast, The Watch is a great comedy, that uses disgusting gross-out gags to achieve laughs. And it definitely does!
June 7, 2014
If you want to make a comedy, keep it a comedy, don't mix it with violent bloody
scenes that will make all the laughs go puff.
Josh C.
June 3, 2014
The narrative was fairly boring, with a few fractured side stories to try and add interest. There are some laughs here, most of them packaged into messy improvised conversations. Largely, characters and humour feel like yesterdays low-brow laughs, all bar Richard Ayoade's positively out-of-place persona as the awkward nerdy type.
Thomas J

June 3, 2014
It had its moments... but they were too few!
June 2, 2014
After a friend of his is murdered in a small town, Evan (Ben Stiller) decides to form a neighborhood watch in an attempt to find his friend's killer. It turns out he has to deal with more than he bargained for when it becomes apparent that aliens are involved, with his Cosco store as his main base. The Watch is a forgettable action comedy and you expected more with the comedic talent in the film. Jonah Hill is the highlight, but this film is an easy miss.
May 30, 2014
Really underrated. "Beer!"
CPosnanski94
November 19, 2012
Well...Richard Ayoade is kind of funny, for the three lines he has in the entire movie. This should have been hilarious! But instead we get a lame alien invasion story and "Here, hold this beer can with my pee in it" jokes. Oh it's funny because because I shop at COSTCO too! Nice try, but no.
August 16, 2012
Watched in theaters with Dad.
January 23, 2013
Started watching this and expected more than I got from four comedian actors, that said and to not create a spoiler alert good twist. Not one you can watch over and over seen it, next!
John A.
May 10, 2014
I thought this movie was amazingly funny. A lot of people didn't because they don't know what sense of humor is even it was growing like an arm out of their ass. We have Richard Ayodae one of the smartest men in this movie, probably all of any actors that are in Hollywood. The man is a legend and he is a lot funnier than Ben Stiller. We are talking about a legend and moron critics like Guy Lodge gave it a bad rating. The only sad thing about him is his relationship status.
May 9, 2014
Well this was pretty bad as reported. Terrible dialogue and it seemed most of them were just phoning this one in and didn't care. With a few laughs here and there mostly by Vince Vaughn it wasn't a complete waste of an hour and a half.
May 2, 2014
Regular, con algunas escenas entretenidas y guarritas