The Watch Reviews

May 21, 2015
The watch is something sort of original and has a few moments where its funny but then others you realize they tried to hard. to watch this movie you must have a sense of humor or you might find it offensive its somewhat entertaining with a weak plot led by decent roles. This movie wouldn't be bad seeing for a few laughs with friends.
½ April 19, 2015
Kind of standard fair for the cast. Schaffer as director helped the laggy parts keep from getting too draggy, which was nice. It was goofy, nothing too special.
April 14, 2015
A bit silly, but OK for some entertainment...
½ March 30, 2015
If you don't have anything else to watch, this movie is always an ok backup!
February 10, 2015
I can't believe it took three people to write this movie...
April 13, 2014
Combining some elements of a sci-fi flick into an R-rated comedy doesn't fit well together. Throughout the plot there are predictability, pointlessness, silliness, and questioning - mainly towards Vaughn's performance. The film probably relies only on Stiller, Vaughn and Hill to deliver the comedic energy, and Stiller's efforts were probably less than the other two. (C+)
January 26, 2015
Maybe my rating might be inflated ... I read the reviews of the movie before watching so I came into the movie expecting a terrible movie that was crude and disgusting. Maybe that expectation is why I thought the movie wasn't that bad. I will say, it wasn't really all that funny as you would expect from the crew of actors, but it was entertaining. It was not even really as vulgar as many are claiming; in fact, it was fairly tame there. It was pretty stupid with the aliens and all, but not a bad rainy day to watch once in your life movie.
½ January 25, 2015
Stupid, slow, predictable, low brow cheesy sci fi comedy. I have NO idea how they got Hill, Stiller and Vaughn to star in this, lol. Enjoyable to have playing in the background while doing house chores.
January 7, 2015
With a great cast you would think that it would turn out well. But it didn't
December 31, 2014
Such a waste of acting talent over a terrible script. Why?
December 27, 2014
Not as bad as you have been leading to believe, but with all the talented involved it should have been some much better! Basically Ghostbusters with dick jokes
December 22, 2014
An interesting premise is wasted on a terribly by the numbers screenplay. So many jokes fall flat, and many of the performance is are just uninspired.
December 13, 2014
The Watch undoubtedly has potential, particularly with its talented cast, but is unfortunately drowned in worn out jokes and a poorly thought out script.
November 29, 2014
Richard Ayoade is an international treasure. His appearance alone should have made this movie $100 million.

If you're looking for some kitschy entertaining entertainment, look no further my good man and/or woman and/or hermie -short for hermaphrodite- and/or whatever other gender-thing the kids are into these days. The movie is silly, so watch it. Watch it now. Stop not watching it.

My reviews are the best.
July 27, 2012
The Watch falls short in combing science fiction and comedy, creating a catastrophic mess of thoughtless humor.
½ October 18, 2014
Sporadicly funny, brutal , and too Violent the Watch's talented cast is let down by its subject matter and it's reliance on crude humor
October 2, 2014
The Watch is not a particularly great movie. Not even in the slightest. However, after hearing a ton of bad things about this film, I was rather surprised about how awful it wasn't. The script offers very few laughs, the science fiction element and the plot were extremely stupid, and while it did not bother me, the product placement is rather obvious. That being said, I did not hate watching this. The cast was pretty cool, I thought the main actors did the best they could with what they had available, and while it is extremely stupid, it didn't feel excessively stupid. There is nothing great, or even remotely good about The Watch, but it is alot more watchable than many other "comedies" around today.
November 4, 2012
This is really one of the wort films from 2012.

Not recommended.
½ August 27, 2014
Juvenile to be sure, but the charisma of the cast and some decent gag and action beats do help save ´The Watch´from its own stupidity. Of course, one still can´t ignore the plethora of dumb characters and contrived plot points.