The Watch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Watch Reviews

January 22, 2016
The Watch
The four leads magically change this plain film into a fun sci-fi film
December 31, 2015
From the trailer, this movie looks like they will offer a lot of fun for the audiences who watch this movie.. But after I spent 100 minutes watching this movie, I just wanna say that this movie is nothing but another Ben Stiller stereotypical movie of comedy, the difference was it tells story about alien.. The performance from the cast was a decent performance, except for Jonah Hill who kinda steal my attention with his performance in this movie.. Overall, it just a decent watch..
December 25, 2015
pretty goofy film with a surprising amount of heart for being an empty run of the mill comedy. I was also surprised by how elaborate the special effects were. That, matched with the all-star comic cast, I trust this must be a handsomely-budgeted movie.

I thought it brought out some great work from Vaughn, and gave each role a chance to contribute their own brand of humor. But, this is still a pretty dumbass movie that will fritter away from my memory within the next several days. i guess its just not as bad as you'd expect.
July 18, 2012
It's a crap movie. But a wonderful crap movie! I laughed a lot, my favorite actors were in it, and there was a surprise twist! What's not to love?
December 20, 2015
It's like Mars Attack, only maybe a bit funnier and has all the dicky references that it's impossible to take this seriously. Plot twist though...
½ October 30, 2015
Not entirely terrible, but not good at all.
½ October 3, 2015
There is too much rubbish talk and the dialogue is not even slightly funny. There is a plot but everything has to be rewritten to make it watchable. If "The watch" is intended to be a satire, it fails big time. It is only a bunch of idiots running around irritating the audience.
February 22, 2015
The Watch is one sick gag after another lacking intelligence and meaning. A great talented comedic cast is squashed by a boring and terrible script. It was painful to sit through the first time, I will not be watching it again.
½ September 15, 2015
Puerile, but amusing.
October 10, 2012
A simple-minded, predictable movie, The Watch is definitely not the best. But, the talented cast and the perfect script makes The Watch an overall funny movie. Unlike some other comedies, it is an almost guaranteed laughter session.
August 5, 2015
I had to give this a full star rating because one, this actually has a decent plot and two, they played Easy-E's song when the credits roll. Not only because of those two but the story really took a U-Turn. I thought it was just another typical comedy movie with a typical serial murder case but I did not expect what was gonna happen halfway through the movie. Comedy movies tend to not take things so seriously and that's what you would expect with a movie like this and I'm glad Ben Stiller along with Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, and someone I'm not familiar with, Richard Ayoade to be in a movie like this. Although it may have a bad rating and the usual flaws found in this movie like the almost infinite bullets scene with Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn, the movie was entertaining anyhow. I'm sure watching with friends and perhaps with a family, it's all the more enjoyable. This is one of those movies where you can just have good laughs while the story is attainable. That's the kind of comedy movie I like and some of Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey movies tend to have those kind. Should they make a sequel? Why not? But it's hard to go down the road with comedy movies containing sequels but why not? As long as they still keep the sense of humor in that was established in the first film then it's all good. But that's just me. I enjoyed this and actually made me laugh in some of the parts in the movie. Even if none of the actors in this movie were not my top favorites.
½ August 2, 2015
Just watched it, biggest piece of tosh i've seen in a long time.
July 27, 2012
Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill, that should be 90 minutes of hilarity right there, but um, what happened, because I don't think there is even 90 seconds of hilarity. First of all, anyone that knows my taste of movie knows that I am not a huge fan of movies about aliens, in fact, the only 2 I actually like are Signs and War of the Worlds. Now, knowing this, I figured that the 3 main actors would save this for me, but unfortunately, they did not, not even close actually. It's about Aliens, and that's all I can say. There were a couple of funny lines, but I didn't even really laugh at them more than just smirking a bit and that's bad, because these 3 should have been hilarious together, instead, they all fell flat, and the movie falls even flatter because of it. Very disappointed and I wasn't even expecting much, so that's not a good thing. SKIP this one, or the only thing thing that will be watched will be your watch.
½ August 11, 2012
Horribly disappointing.
July 24, 2015
This film for the most part garnered terrible reviews. I want to balance that a little. I thought Vince Vaughan was great in this and sparred well with Hill. The Ayoade character is superfluous which is a shame because he is a comic talent. I thought the film did not need the alien element. Many critics did not laugh - well I laughed plenty for the first half of the movie, I started to lose interest with the appearance of the alien. It is funny, it is flawed. It is nowhere near as bad as these other reviewers suggest.
July 21, 2015
A rewatch of a right piece of shit, but in saying that I liked it. The gags don't come quick and fast, but there is enough of them to make it tolerable but not enough to earn three stars. The scene with De-Witt on the dining room table made me cream my togs.
July 19, 2015
Not terrible. Tend to be wary of Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn comedies so saying this movie with both douchebags made me laugh is worth something. Yes 'The Watch' does frequently trade wit for loud expletives and the general story of an alien invasion could be part of the Sainsbury's basics range but the natural silly antics of Hill, Ayoade and Vaughn bouncing off Stiller's straight-faced leader is just enough to pave over the script's weaknesses.
½ July 18, 2015
This is mediocre. Not even "so bad it's good" - just tiresomely unfunny. Richard Ayoade is a superb British comedian/actor who featured in the subline The IT Crowd sitcom. Why on earth did he get involved in this?
July 8, 2015
More stupid than funny. And I don't mean it was stupid funny. There were a few laughs. Johah Hill and Vince Vaughn were the best, but even they were only marginally funny.
July 3, 2015
The Watch opts to be crude when it has every opportunity to be funny.