The Watch Reviews

July 3, 2015
The Watch opts to be crude when it has every opportunity to be funny.
July 9, 2012
A few mild laughs cannot salvage an otherwise unimpressive comedy. Unsurprisingly Vince Vaughn is up to his usual antics, which as always, aren't funny.
July 18, 2013
ridiculous but funny. many funny lines. come on everything doesnt have to be some big-head over thought story.....reviewers that love stuff like 'driving miss daisy' will pan it because it fits their pre programmed idea of 'not good'. It's funny. not hilarious, but amusing.
June 4, 2015
AWFUL. And it's a shame, too, because the aliens in The Watch are actually really cool-looking. The movie doesn't have a single laugh. None. Zero. Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill are just playing their typical characters: Vaughn yells and freaks out a lot while Hill is soft-spoken and does all the dry humor. We've seen this all before.
May 24, 2015
Eh. Ben Stiller and a gang of adult ragamuffins form a neighborhood watch only to be thwarted by divergent purposes and loyalties. The big alien twist is quite deus ex machina - oops spoilers - but Billy Crudup is slickly creepy as an Eyes Wide Shut sex emperor.
May 21, 2015
The watch is something sort of original and has a few moments where its funny but then others you realize they tried to hard. to watch this movie you must have a sense of humor or you might find it offensive its somewhat entertaining with a weak plot led by decent roles. This movie wouldn't be bad seeing for a few laughs with friends.
½ April 19, 2015
Kind of standard fair for the cast. Schaffer as director helped the laggy parts keep from getting too draggy, which was nice. It was goofy, nothing too special.
April 14, 2015
A bit silly, but OK for some entertainment...
½ March 30, 2015
If you don't have anything else to watch, this movie is always an ok backup!
February 10, 2015
I can't believe it took three people to write this movie...
April 13, 2014
Combining some elements of a sci-fi flick into an R-rated comedy doesn't fit well together. Throughout the plot there are predictability, pointlessness, silliness, and questioning - mainly towards Vaughn's performance. The film probably relies only on Stiller, Vaughn and Hill to deliver the comedic energy, and Stiller's efforts were probably less than the other two. (C+)
January 26, 2015
Maybe my rating might be inflated ... I read the reviews of the movie before watching so I came into the movie expecting a terrible movie that was crude and disgusting. Maybe that expectation is why I thought the movie wasn't that bad. I will say, it wasn't really all that funny as you would expect from the crew of actors, but it was entertaining. It was not even really as vulgar as many are claiming; in fact, it was fairly tame there. It was pretty stupid with the aliens and all, but not a bad rainy day to watch once in your life movie.
½ January 25, 2015
Stupid, slow, predictable, low brow cheesy sci fi comedy. I have NO idea how they got Hill, Stiller and Vaughn to star in this, lol. Enjoyable to have playing in the background while doing house chores.
January 7, 2015
With a great cast you would think that it would turn out well. But it didn't
December 31, 2014
Such a waste of acting talent over a terrible script. Why?
December 27, 2014
Not as bad as you have been leading to believe, but with all the talented involved it should have been some much better! Basically Ghostbusters with dick jokes
December 22, 2014
An interesting premise is wasted on a terribly by the numbers screenplay. So many jokes fall flat, and many of the performance is are just uninspired.
December 13, 2014
The Watch undoubtedly has potential, particularly with its talented cast, but is unfortunately drowned in worn out jokes and a poorly thought out script.
November 29, 2014
Richard Ayoade is an international treasure. His appearance alone should have made this movie $100 million.

If you're looking for some kitschy entertaining entertainment, look no further my good man and/or woman and/or hermie -short for hermaphrodite- and/or whatever other gender-thing the kids are into these days. The movie is silly, so watch it. Watch it now. Stop not watching it.

My reviews are the best.