You've seen it already

Another rehash of the summer coming of age movie. New faces, maybe but same old stuff. Shame on the producer and director. You might as well just watch a blow-em-up movie than the smaltz this film presents. Sorry, I wanted to like it.
Robert Payne
07-28-2013 02:38 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Movie Person

Movie Person

I do think you're underselling the film's emotional core, and it's surprisingly great acting, but I think that it is a bit generic, and it's biggest problem is it's inability to settle nicely into a proper narrative. Instead, it shunts uncomfortably between humour (Which was great), and drama (Less great).

Sep 13 - 05:48 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

You couldn't be more wrong. This is the first movie in a long time that has made me become emotionally attached to its characters. This was such an amazing film. Definitely the best of the year so far.

Aug 26 - 04:09 PM

Kristin Fione

Kristin Fione

Also, I disagree. It's well written, with great characters. Perhaps you don't like movies with well developed characters? I did watch the "blow-em-up" movies and this film is way, way better.

Aug 19 - 07:56 PM

Kristin Fione

Kristin Fione

The title refers to the fact that Duncan sits in the way, way back of the station wagon. If you are under 30, you might not remember that there used to be seating back there. Before the government got involved in the whole safety game.

Aug 19 - 07:55 PM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

I couldn't disagree with you more. Sure, it had a familiar formula, but with the depth it possessed and the characters so engaging, it makes the story it's own. It's not the formula that matters, its what you mix it with.

Aug 3 - 02:45 PM

Scott B.

Scott Beatty

People who've seen it.. can you explain the title? I haven't seen that done in a review yet. Thanks!

Aug 3 - 10:16 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile