Five Favorite Films with Daniel Radcliffe

Summary

"It's actually a thrill to be talking about something else," Daniel Radcliffe chuckles, pausing to consider a question about his new movie The Woman in Black. He is, of course, referring to the ubiquitous presence of a certain blockbuster franchise that has consumed almost half of his life on the planet. Radcliffe was just an untested 11-year-old when cast as the eponymous hero of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone way back in 2001; now, having triumphantly wrapped the series with last year's Deathly Hallows, he's a seasoned 22 and ready to spirit himself into the realm that lies beyond Hogwarts. Audiences will have their chance to see Radcliffe's transformation (and marvel at his dashing new accoutrements) when The Woman in Black opens in theaters this week. In the meantime, we asked him to talk through his all-time five favorite films. Back to Article

Comments

Jordan Deschenes

Jordan Deschenes

Little Miss and Dr. Strangelove are two of my favorites. I also agree that the Shining is the scariest movie ever!

Feb 1 - 06:26 PM

Brandon Nichols

Brandon Nichols

Dr Strangelove, eh? Good tastes!

Feb 1 - 06:28 PM

Indiana Jones 79

Gavin Miller

Great picks! I love Jason and Little Miss Sunshine!

Feb 1 - 06:46 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

Great choices. I've seen three of the five, and all of them were either good, or great. The for the other two (Jason and The Argonauts, A Matter of Life and Death), I'm definitely interested in seeing them thanks to his explanations.

That's another thing. Finally, someone who takes time to explain his reasons for liking these films, where we're led to actually believe they know what they're talking about ,and not just sprouting whatever the hell good or prestigious film comes to mind at the time.

I hope The Woman in Black is a success critically and financially, so he can move on to other interesting projects. Seems like a pretty cool and tasteful guy.

Feb 1 - 08:50 PM

Sean D.

Sean D

EXCUSE ME. So if someone is born in 1959, then they "SHOULD BE" a fan of Dr. Strangelove, but not 12 Angry Men?

Your logic: I don't understand it.

I was born in the 1980s and my friends and I grew up on Coppola, Kubrick, and Hitchcock. We must be freaks :O

Feb 1 - 08:59 PM

nongshim

Nong Shim

little miss sunshine (2006)

Feb 1 - 09:18 PM

Deborah Brooks

Deborah Brooks

Daniel did great in "My Boy Jack." I can't wait to see his new movie.

Feb 1 - 11:45 PM

Jacob Villin

Jacob Villin

Danielle Radcliffe is a pretentious twat, who knew?

Feb 2 - 01:28 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Your Mom, but fortunately she likes that kind of thing, especially when they're also rough tricks.

Feb 2 - 07:13 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Awww. Danny just might be BETTER than you somehow. Exercise your insecurity with internet tears...

Feb 2 - 08:50 AM

Rachel W.

Rachel Woloshin

Little Miss Sunshine, Dr. Strangelove, and 12 Angry Men are 3 of my favorites too! I knew Harry Potter had good taste! :D

Feb 2 - 04:58 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

You're about a decade too late Gordo, Why would a kid born in 1989 be a fan of Raiders of the Lost Ark, a movie made 8 years before he was born? Besides the fact that it should win awards for greatest movie ever made? Mayyybeee Last Crusade, but even that's a stretch for mandatory watching for a kid born in 1989. 1989 Should probably be Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects and The Matrix. Going on the premise that everyone is susceptible to Nostalgia which in fairness most of us are.

Feb 2 - 07:11 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Feb 2 - 07:13 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I'm looking forward to "Woman in Black" as well. Radcliffe is obviously a very bright young fellow.

Feb 2 - 08:39 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Feb 2 - 08:50 AM

Kyle Gerardi

Kyle Gerardi

what a boring list

Feb 2 - 10:35 AM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies