• Directed By:
    Edgar Wright
    In Theaters:
    Aug 23, 2013 Limited
    On DVD:
    Nov 19, 2013
  • Focus Features

"This Is the End" vs. "World's End"

Who will be the End All, Be All of apocalypse movies?
Sharkour
07-5-2013 10:06 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Chris Frost

Chris Frost

This is the end is one of most mind numbingly tedious movies i have ever seen. It was just a bunch of shitty hollywood jagoffs acting like themselves. The only upside was seeing talentless slugs like micheal cera and rihanna die.Worlds end was better written, better acted, better directed, and just flat out fun

Oct 21 - 09:57 PM

Chris Frost

Chris Frost

This is the end is one of most mind numbingly tedious movies i have ever, it was just a bunch of shitty hollywood jagoffs acting like themselves,the only upside was seeing talentless slugs like micheal cera and rihanna die.Worlds end was better written, better acted, better directed, and just flat out fun

Oct 21 - 09:56 PM

Jenny Bryson

Jenny Bryson

We loved "Shawn of the Dead" but sadly we found this one tedious. Very few laugh lines. It almost felt like 2 scripts mashed together. First half I didn't find it believable at all...and why die your hair black Simon??? Weird! 2nd half got a little more fun but not funny. Should be more like a 60% on the tomatometer. Meh....

Sep 25 - 03:03 PM

Jenny Bryson

Jenny Bryson

Sorry but "The World's End" is Baaaaaaaaaddddddddd!

Sep 25 - 03:01 PM

adilrye1467

Ryan Persaud

I love that both these movies came out the same year, because they have a similar (ish) premise, but are an example of British vs. American humour. I like both of them, but The World's End is better WITHOUT A DOUBT!!
World's End is British comedy at its finest. More reliance on characters, their relationships and the witty dialog. Most of the time I laughed had to do with the banter and less with what I was seeing.
This is the End is a classic American comedy. More over the top, absurd, cruder and relying more on the crazy shit that happens than anything else. Not bad, but different.

Ultimately, I liked World's End more, but I can see some people preferring This is the End. It's really about what style of comedy you prefer.

Sep 20 - 09:49 PM

Jordan Mundy

Jordan Mundy

I say The World's End. I like This is the End and all, but it relied way too much on dick jokes throughout in my opinion.

Aug 31 - 12:29 AM

Frank Lee

Frank Lee

No competition in terms of comedy, This Is the End was hilarious, World's End isn't. Pretty simple.

Aug 29 - 09:32 PM

Dom Cobb

Dom Cobb

*Throws bar stool at Frank Lee*

Sep 2 - 11:14 AM

Dom Cobb

Dom Cobb

*Throws bar stool at Frank Lee*

Sep 2 - 11:14 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

World's end was funnier

Sep 7 - 03:40 PM

Nikolas Zografos

Nikolas Zografos

Glad Jesus was here to make things so simple for us.

Oct 19 - 11:01 PM

Benjamin P.

Brian Eno

The World's End is the better movie. It's way too clever and all around solid.

Aug 29 - 04:31 PM

Matthew Brady

Matthew Brady

The World's End all the way

Aug 28 - 11:34 AM

Tom Dinardi

Tom Dinardi

Both were pretty awesome. As an American, I say that English humor is always a little better but I was amazed at a) how individually good they both were, and b) the little similarities throughout (whether it was similar plot, scenes, plot points, theme, etc.); however, I honestly give The World's End the edge due to it's real-life human issues & actually building individual characters with relatable story arcs, versus This Is The End which seemed to rely too much on the already perceived personas of each "celeb" from their recent movies.

Aug 24 - 05:31 AM

Holly Bushman

Holly Bushman

I actually don't think that This is the End bashed religion at all. The guys could not be saved by going through the motions, they had to be sincere in selflessness. I though This is the End was hilarious, though it certainly went more with the blatant raunchy humor. World's end had some of the best one liners. The theme was more about it being easy to conform with society, but it being right to not allow youself to be "starbucked" The two films have similar hooks, but very different executions and messages. They were both far more effective in their deliveries than a lot of other films.

Aug 23 - 03:34 AM

Chad Troxel

Chad Troxel

This is the End was good until they chose the direction they did on how the world ended. It's not an issue of "blasphemy" or some other religious reason, it's just lame. Zombies are still less tired than bashing on religion jokes. I really wish they had chosen a zombie apocalypse or nuclear holocaust or alien invasion (which is what it seemed like at first in the movie). I really hope this doesn't suffer from some crappy plot change midway that ruins it like what happened with "This is the End"

Aug 21 - 05:22 PM

Patrick B.

Patrick Baker

This Is The End was pretty funny. Seeing this the day it comes out!

Aug 21 - 01:39 PM

Bella #.

Bella #2

Seeing it this Friday.

Aug 21 - 12:50 PM

Ash

Ash

*High five*

Aug 21 - 01:16 PM

Vincent

Do you even Jay Cutler?

I'm not a fan of British humor.

Aug 21 - 12:46 PM

Cocoa_Puffs

Moe Joe

Well, that works out because British humor doesn't like you (Only kidding. Everyone has their own opinion.).

Aug 23 - 05:05 PM

Haig Shahinian

Haig Shahinian

Two movies, similar premise, the main distinction is American comedy vs. British humor. TITE exhibits what mainstream American comedy movies have turned into, raunchy dick jokes, out of control parties with celebrity cameos, and over the top characters with standard trope dialogue (though Danny McBride always makes me spill my drink from laughter). I haven't seen TWE, but I'll predict the dialogue will be more intelligent, the characters more relatable and developed, and the jokes more clever. When I see it I hope I'm right.

Aug 20 - 03:54 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

This Is the End was whack to me. People kept saying it was funny, but I only enjoyed about 30 mins of the movie. Michael Cena had the best part, and that was pretty much it for me. I'll check this one out. I like Simon Pegg

Aug 16 - 08:27 AM

Tayo Akomolede

Tayo Akomlede

I liked This is the End but for me it wasn't extremely funny like the critics suggest. I thought The Heat was funnier, personally.

Aug 21 - 08:04 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

I haven't watched "The Heat", but This is the End just didn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll get stupid high and watch it again.....

Aug 23 - 08:10 AM

Dom Cobb

Dom Cobb

I liked This Is The End, but The World's End destroys it.

Sep 2 - 11:15 AM

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

The World's End. I saw This is the End and I have to say I was kind of disappointed. It was a pretty good movie, but with an RT score in the 80s I expected more. Just wasn't that funny to me. While I haven't seen The World's End yet, Edgar Wright has yet to make anything that I haven't loved, and now that he's back collaborating with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, I'm very confident that I will absolutely love it. My guess is that The World's End wins this battle, hands down.

Aug 12 - 10:17 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

I liked This is the End, but....well....(huge Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright fanboy)

Aug 7 - 11:54 AM

James Fletcher

James Fletcher

Seen both, The worlds end wins.

Aug 5 - 04:31 PM

Brandon McGee

Brandon McGee

I loved This Is The End, but I'll be flat out honest. I think that The World's End will be the best comedy of the year.

Aug 2 - 06:05 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

The World's End
I loved This Is The End, but I know for a FACT that The World's End shall surpass it in every way.

Jul 26 - 05:30 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I wasn't aware that you're mutation gave you the ability to see the future. I thought you just healed yourself and shit.

Jul 31 - 04:26 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Nope. Edgar Wright just consistently delivers every time.

Aug 9 - 04:46 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

This joke only worked when you were Wolverine.

Aug 13 - 08:09 PM

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

I, on the other hand, can see the future just fine (as well as heal myself and sh*t) and yes, The World's End is better.

Aug 12 - 10:18 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

The World's End will be the better movie. I did, however, find This is the End to be hilarious.

Jul 25 - 10:11 AM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

The Worlds End for having less dick jokes

Jul 16 - 11:21 AM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

And more Brit jokes.

Aug 15 - 12:24 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile