• R, 1 hr. 49 min.

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

The World's End Reviews

July 22, 2014
Basically if you are a fan of Sean of the Dead, you will also like this movie. Funny and brilliant in parts. A fun movie to watch with a couple pints.
October 24, 2013
Gary King: "I remember sitting up there, blood on my knuckles, beer down my shirt, sick on my shoes and seeing the orange glow of a new dawn break and knowing in my heart life would never feel this good again. And you know what? It never did."
C.A. Pacino
September 25, 2013
Crass, pointless, funny...like a reasonable night down the pub
July 22, 2014
One of the most unusual movies I've ever seen. Some geniunely affecting moments of drama are doled out throughout this bizarre action / comedy. Great performances all around. Sadly, the movie's ending let down the rest of the film (yes, I'm aware that it's an end-of-the-world movie, but the wasn't well presented or orchestrated). The final shot of the movie is a clear attempt at an exhilarating build-up, but unfortunately is ended up as a let-down.
July 21, 2014
Nick is the badass this time around, not the best of these guys movies but still a great, fun ride
parkinemma94
July 21, 2014
loved it classic simon pegg
December 6, 2013
Not a patch on the first two in the cornetto trilogy but still good fun.
September 11, 2013
after the first two installments in the so called cornetto trilogy my expectations for this movie were much to high its not as good as the other two movies but its still fun i enjoyed seeing the boys back together wish we could get a couple more movies
hmaree1
July 18, 2014
disappointing expected more.....
March 8, 2014
Simon Pegg y Edgar Wright en su Úpica del fin del mundo, como debe ser. Mil veces mejor que cualquier pelÝcula de apocalipsis que hay por ahÝ. Graciosa, entretenida y llena de rob...sorpresas. Verla con un Cornetto.
July 9, 2014
The film was funny, but it just didn't like up to expectations compared to the other two films in the Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead; Hot Fuzz). I enjoyed the humor but some parts was just too long and a bit boring. Otherwise the movie was great.
August 22, 2013
As a whole it was fun; it had some boring moments, there wasn't much to the story, and sometimes it was really absurd.
July 10, 2014
Great film, funny as hell in parts.
My favourite character is Andy (love the man)
Still love Shaun of the dead more, but this is a great follow up film.
Mike N.
July 8, 2014
entertaining,funny,a lot of heart, and it was touching at times. I've seen some of the ideas used in this before in movies, but these guys always seem to make a story fun and have their own unique ideas/twists.
Vincent
July 8, 2014
Yeah, this was bad. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright are the three comedians which can do no wrong for the critics. In fact, they're probably the most beloved comedians of this generation. For me, I don't necessarily like them that much. Most of their jokes fall very flat, and the balance of action and humor never mixed well with them. It is no different from this film, The World's End, which tries to blend in sci fi tropes, comedic tropes, and drama tropes all in one package.... and it fails on all accounts.

The World's End is about slacker Gary "The King" King, who after living the greatest night of his life, fell into a deep depression. In order to rise from this sudden sadness, King gathers all his old friends back and attempt to pull off "The Golden Mile", a full night of 'debauchery' by entering 12 pubs and drinking 60 pints....Or at least that's the premise at first. Then, it divulges into this silly sci fi comedy. And therein lies my first problem with the film.

The film doesn't know what it wants to be. At times, it's a sci fi drama...then, it goes straight into comedy. The tonal shifts are very jarring and hard to swallow. Unnecessary action scenes are thrown in. And it's just ruins the film as a whole. I felt if they just stuck to their original premise, they would've hit gold as the best moments in the film all happen in the first 20 minutes, before the actual plot begins. Then, it just fizzles away into nothingness and ruins the experience as a whole.

The entire 'plan' that King and his friends have is also all the more idiotic. *Minor spoilers* Their plan of action is to finish the Golden Mile in order to seem normal, but why? The aliens seem to already know you know about them, so why not just attempt to escape that place? And another problem is the way the aliens abduct people. Okay, so apparently, they need DNA sampling from the victim before being abducted. Why not take the sample and abduct them when their asleep? It seems much easier and less dangerous. I feel as if I put more thought into this paragraph than the writers did in whole.

*Spoilers done*

There are some positives to note, however. For one, outside of Simon Pegg, the other characters were likable enough, which actually can be seen as a fault considering that makes Pegg's character all the more unlikable for putting them through this mess. However, I can't say they were awful. Also, one joke in particular, made me uncontrollably laugh as it was the wittiest joke I've heard. Unfortunately, that's at the end, meaning you'll have to endure a good 90 minutes of jokes that fall flat. The last positive I could find in this heaping mess was that it did make me want something to drink.

Overall, the World's End begins rather promisingly and just fizzles into meandering plot and jokes that fall flat. The main character in this film is an unlikable jerk that really has no character development. He literally stays the same person from point A to point B. And the message of the film (free will), while it was decent, was shoved down our throats in the climactic "battle". Much in the same vein as Elysium, but here, this film has it's characters literally say the message of the film. Some very minor problems is that it's secondary characters are likable enough and there is one, or two, jokes that I did laugh at, but other than that, this is a waste of time.
August 4, 2013
August 29 2013
Strong like the previous films very interesting story with many twerks to keep your intrest its a great end to one of the best (loosly tied together) trilogys ever made
2014 Rewatch
Like Shaun of the dead The world end is better the second time around its unbelievable how good these movies are. There's a sense of fun with strong relatable characters going through very interesting and (very funny) scenarios that everybody has yet to see..
July 7, 2014
I was hoping that this third and (final?) movie in the Edgar Wright trilogy would live up to the first two. (Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) Unfortunately, it does not, and really goes off the rails in the epilogue.
September 8, 2013
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost just are so well together no matter the circumstances! A funny, adventurous movie that leaves you so satisfied! A+.
July 6, 2014
Expected more after Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. This is dire - keep clear.