There's Something About Mary Reviews

December 13, 2006
another good funny film for teenagers.
August 2, 2007
Let me just say "there's something" about this movie. It's charming, it's funny, it's romantic. Everything a romantic comedy should be and then some. I wish rom-coms were still like this. Hollywood needs a refresher course I think, not only in this genre, but in others as well.
July 1, 2006
Always wanted to see this movie.
½ August 26, 2007
I finally got around to watching this comedy from start to finish, and I enjoyed it. There was many funny set pieces, and also a lot of over the top parts that were kind of lame. Anyways, it fires away the best it can for a rollicking weird look at love, and everyone wanting to be with Mary.
½ September 8, 2014
So this film mixes gross-out comedy and romantic comedy into one, and somehow the final result is oddly entertaining.
October 2, 2007
That something is T&A.
½ August 22, 2014
Probably the 1st R-Rated comedy i watched. It surprised me, and the zipper scene is still burnt in my mind.
August 11, 2014
It's funny and unsettling. A typical Ben Stiller movie.
½ August 4, 2014
The light and little sexy romantic comedy is funny and enjoyable. Some people categorize it as a combination of romantic comedy and gross out film. Cameron and Ben looks fresh. Cameron was 26 when the movie was released but she even played as a cute high school student naturally! The movie earned more than 100 million dollar sales and turned out to be her breakthrough after she debuted in 'Mask'(1994). One of the factors for the success was that characteristics of Cameron an Ben fitted the movie very well. It looks that they acted naturally without pushing themselves hard.
I also would like to mention Lee Evans. I was deeply impressed at his performance to pick up a dropped key still using a pair of crutch. Other performances are also favorable. He is an established English stand-up comedian, writer, actor, and musician.
½ July 31, 2014
It is possible for inexorably, shamelessly immature comedy to still have depth - There's Something About Mary is a prime example.
July 22, 2014
Still one of my favorite comedies of the 90's, and one of the few lead roles of Ben Stiller I enjoyed, he just annoys me. Diaz was great but Dillon carried the movie.
July 20, 2014
Of course the humor is exagerated and the characters are goofballs only to play out the silly scenarios, but the movie does it in a bald way and still bring out the laughs.
½ July 17, 2014
8,5/10
Loved that movie as a child
July 4, 2014
First off Cameron Diaz is beautiful. So even if you don't like romcoms, if you're a guy, you will enjoy this movie. That being said. There's Something About Mary, is hilarious. Ben Stiller is actually bearable and Cameron Diaz is wonderful. Stupid, full of slapstick humor, but even so, There's Something About Mary is a excellent movie.
July 2, 2014
Very funny adult humor
June 19, 2014
Some gruesome humour and wicked jokes make There's Something About Mary a memorable movie experience.
June 18, 2014
One of the funniest and heartfelt films from the Farrelly brothers.
½ August 12, 2009
Worth watching for the "lotion in the hair" scene alone, the film has its share of good comedy, even if some of the gags fall flat. For every joke that misses, about two hit. Plus, the film is cleverly plotted and surprisingly sweet near the end.
October 21, 2007
I've seen most of this movie in bits and pieces but never all the way through.
½ May 18, 2014
Coming off with hits like "Dumb & Dumber" and "Kingpin", audience must have expected funny but juvenile and uncomfortable scenes from Farrelly brothers .But what they did not expect was a mature and sweet love story. Sure this is a romantic movie. But this is not another clichéd love story. No, this is a romantic movie with twist. It contains elements of a black comedy as well as a mindless gross-out teen sex comedy (of which I am a big fan)
Though the main plot is not new, how it is executed is. The best part of the movie is its unpredictability. You actually wonder whether the boy will get the girl or not? The movie shocks you not only with its brilliant twists-and-turns but also with its grossness. This movie is quite rewatchable even if it loses shock value after you have seen it many times. Those who are fan of the first three "American Pie" movies will quite appreciate its humor. Though the gags may not be as disgusting or sexual like the 1999 American Pie, they are still funny and memorable. Some of them are so funny that your stomach will hurt from laughter even if you know what is going to happen.
Even if you don't like its humor, you will still like the movie for its memorable character, brilliant pacing, nice music and believable acting, which is done by everyone in cast. Be warned this movie is not for everyone due to its vulgarity and political incorrectness.