They Might Be Giants - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

They Might Be Giants Reviews

September 5, 2013
The cast is great, the movie itself is a bit sloppy. But it's still fun to watch. I bet the play is a bit better. Still, it's worth seeing for George C. Scott's performance. CHECK IT OUT.
½ February 21, 2009
Its humor and emotions are subtle, and the exterior of the film is a quite bizarre mix of sometimes disparate elements, but for dark-edges whimsy and charm,few films are its equal.
½ October 29, 2011
This is a nice simple little film about a man who has lost his marbles a bit, and begins to think himself to be Sherlock Holmes. The movie is quirky and nice movie with a good cast and a funny little mystery adventure. It also was the reason for the naming of a fantastic band. I really liked this film, I think its oddly uplifting.
December 26, 2010
Scott does a great holmes and woodward is excellant as Dr. Watson. Plus filmed on lacation in NYC with some famous actors from the 70s. Just all around great. Family Entertainment...
½ November 17, 2010
I get the sense that the play is much better. This could have been really great but it couldn't decide if it was a goofy comedy geared for children or a more introspective, don quixote-esque drama. Ditch the lame humor, would've been great.
½ September 22, 2008
The next best thing to a Sherlock Holmes story is an 'eccentric' who believes he's Holmes. Suprised this hasn't been remade.
July 8, 2007
The final scene moved me deeply. This movie's sincerity creeped up on me, and made me think about how we form our identities. I love the line "if god is dead then he died laughing."
April 9, 2016
The chances of being eaten alive by a tiger on Main St. are a million to one, but once is enough. Love can conquer alot, if not all. If he isn't Holmes, he will do until the real one comes along. Join in the crusade against all the evil in the world, even the small evil. I wish this movie was more widely , easily available. The long version, WITH the grocery store fracas. It is worth the search, if not the price of the good version.
½ December 10, 2014
Everything is way too Americanised to be a comfortable reimagining of Conan-Doyle's most famous creation.
October 24, 2014
This is the most horrible movie I have seen in a while... I cannot imagine that the 78% listed as liking it is accurate... yes, it has cute moments, and the premise is engaging, but the ending is so completely weak that one feels like hunting down the scriptwriter and demanding one's lost time back. This does not even deserve one star; the ending alone earns it several thousand negative stars. This stellar cast deserved better than this feeble script and disappointing outcome.
½ July 18, 2014
A sympathetic, but melancholy, tale about the need to believe in an embodiment of good and evil. It left me wanting more.
½ February 25, 2014
(42%)
A really quite unique comedy drama that sadly once it has got itself up and running has no real idea where to go with anything, as the second half of the movie is too much like following around a rambling fruit cake. The main cast members are very good, and the basic premise is at least half decent, but the plot/script is too broken and aimless to be worthy of a look, which is a bit of a shame.
½ January 1, 2014
A pair finding love as they join in madness,,,,,the fringes never looked better.
December 2, 2013
Zany but fun and enjoyable
September 5, 2013
July 25, 2013
Different. Weird. Delightful. And more profound than most people probably realize.
March 19, 2013
George C. Scott in a humorous role. Cute!