• PG-13, 2 hr. 3 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Think Like a Man Reviews

Cynthia S

April 22, 2013
Not exactly my favorite genre, but I found this movie enjoyable. Kevin Hart was a hoot!..especially in the video segments during the end credits.
Al S

August 26, 2012
An engaging, wildly entertaining and extremely funny movie. A pitch-perfect combination of romantic and buddy comedy. A heart-warming and outrageously funny comedy that delivers big with heart and wonderful performances from its great cast. A well-written and crafted piece of great entertainment made and for adults. Jerry Ferrara, Kevin Hart, Michael Ealy and Terrence J. are a comic dream team that deliver the laughs and the romance. Meagan Good, Gabrielle Union, Regina Hall, and Taraji P. Henson are sexy, smart and a blast.
Everett J

September 2, 2012
Based on the book of the same name by Steve Harvey, this movie plays like a long advertisement for that book. At first it seems like every other "African American" romantic comedy, but this has 2 things that most don't usually have. First, Kevin Hart, who is hilarious. He makes every scene he is in better, and is genuinely funnier than most other actors. The second, is a very smart script/story and way of telling the story. It's about four couples and how the women use the book "Act like a Lady but Think like a man" against the men, and how they turn the tables and use it on them. Throughout, is some great, truthful insight by Steve Harvey that helps the movie move along. Nice to see that Tyler Perry isn't the only one who can make movies like this(there are a few Perry jokes through that are pretty funny). Good movies, that couples will enjoy on the couch together(or one on the love seat, and the other on the couch).
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

September 1, 2012
Let the mind games begin.

Good cool movie! There are ups and downs to this flick. The story is interesting and unique. The cast was good, the emotions are spot-on all through the film. Another plus is the humor. Every character has a situation that we can all relate to. A momma's boy, a player, a divorcée... All characters that we have interacted with at one point. Kevin Hart does an exceptional job and he stands above the rest of the cast. The downer is the last quarter of the movie. It gets too sappy for a dude. The resolutions of the relationships become way too predictable. I mean, it's predictable down to the actual words spoken by the couples. That aside, this is a movie suitable for a night in with your girl, or a date. It will set your chic in the mood :-) A better than average movie, and still worth your money.

Four women have given up on getting their men to do what they want until they find a how to book written by Steve Harvey. They start using his advice about relationships, and their men start falling in line, until the men discover what the women have been doing, then the war is on.
Bradley W

January 22, 2013
Think Like A Man is a great comedy, a decent drama, and ends up being a pretty good film.
PantaOz
PantaOz

November 9, 2012
Another average ensemble romantic comedy film directed by Tim Story, written by Keith Marryman and David A. Newman, and based on Steve Harvey's 2009 book Act like a Lady, Think like a Man. The story follows four couples with different type of relationships. And each of the women could not succeed in their attempts to get "the upper hand" in these relationships until they discovered Steve Harvey's book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. When the men learn the women are hooked on Harvey's advice, they try to turn the tables on their mates, which later seems to backfire...

It had its funny moments but with all the stereotypes, I'll say, it is for a limited market - American, particularly African American market... my wife even commented: "This must be written and directed by a black director..." and she was right! Most of the jokes would not work in other "colourful" situations (especially not with Asians). I enjoyed the cast (very attractive) who seemed committed to present us the funny side of the challenges in the modern romance, but never exceeded above the average. The few short love stories lack spontaneity because the screenwriter relied too much on the book, following it like some kind of recipe that at the end seemed more like a written report than something which could happen in real life. On the positive side, hangout factor is considerable and the effects involving actors' charms were very visible and enjoyable.

Not bad, just for fun - when there is nothing better around!
Fascade F

April 19, 2012
Based upon Steve Harvey's best selling relationship
advice book "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" focuses on
six friends who regularly get together to play basketball,
and usually are discussing about women issues. Jeremy
(Jerry Ferrara) is a geeky pothead and comic-book
obsessive whose career is stuck in neutral and who won't
pop the question to his girlfriend Kristen (Gabrielle Union) of nine years. Zeke (Romany Malco) is a former musician-turned-businessman
who is great at picking up the ladies but can't commit to a
long-term relationship, Until he meets Mya (Meagan Goode.
Michael (Terrence J) is good looking
and charming, but his mother still has him wrapped around
her finger and doesn't want to let him go..
until he meets Candace (Regina Hall). Dominic
(Michael Ealy) keeps changing career goals, and while he's
an excellent chef, he hasn't found a way to make it pay...then Lauren
(Taraji P. Henson) a good friend of Candace's tells her to step in and assist. Last but not least, short, motor mouthed Cedric (Kevin Hart) is in
the midst of a divorce and can't wait to be free of his wife.
Nerdy but well-meaning Bennett (Gary Owen) is the only one
in a functioning relationship, and he gets a lot of grief from
his buddies for his happy marriage. Lota and loads of laughs all around for those that can relate to the complexities of relationships. See it...it's fun!
Jeff B.
Jeff B.

May 15, 2012
If it acts so-so and it thinks so-so, chances are that the romantic pastiche Think Like a Man is a Just So-So tale. Granted, there are some zingers and a game cast willing to give them some zing. Also, it's based on a bestselling relationship book by once and future King of Comedy Steve Harvey. Keith Merryman and David A. Newman's screenplay, however, doesn't take the Devil-may-care, caution-to-the-wind chances of, say, Woody Allen's Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex* (*but were afraid to ask). Instead, this Man-handled shtick sticks strictly to the Middle of the Road-laughs, loves, and all. Granted, Allen's 1972 was a mixed bag, but at least it had a set of balls.

In this PG-13-rated romantic comedy, four interconnected fellows (Ealy, Ferrara, Kevin Hart, Terrence Jenkins) find their love lives turned upside down when their respective ladies start reading Steve Harvey's book on relationships, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.

Ealy, Ferrara, Hart, and Jenkins give it their all, but they're relegated to filling out stereotypical character types (Mama's Boy, Commitment-Phobe, Angrily Divorced, Happily Married, etc.), as are Meagan Good, Regina Hall, Taraji P. Henson, and Gabrielle Union. The men also play basketball together and show up at each other's improbably posh apartments at the opportune moment like a Conk Shell was blown. The movie makes some great points about modern dating life and is likable and harmless enough, but every single one of the inter-related stories and the patchwork quilt itself is standard issue.

Bottom line: Act like a malady.
Philip P

August 30, 2012
I ignored "Think Like A Man" when it was released in theaters this past April despite it receiving more favorable reviews than I ever expected and despite the fact Kevin Hart was starring in it and no doubt handing out one liners like nobody's business. Turns out that is just about all you need to know to be hooked into the film as hart, for the first half hour or so steals the show with his quick wit and hilarious delivery. Too bad after a great start and set-up of all the personalities that make up this diverse group of guys it devolves into several different rom-com storylines all rolled into one. This results in a film that while for the most part is enjoyable ends up running much longer than it should. Two hours spent investigating the incompetencies of five different men is just too much at one time. There is the mama's boy, the man child, the dreamer, the player and the divorcee. Lucky for director Tim Story his cast provides plenty of charisma and consistent laughs that we aren't totally sick of the people after an hour. We actually enjoy their company, we are simply tired of hearing about all of their problems after the unnecessary running time. While Hart is on top of the comedy Regina Hall, Taraji P. Henson, and Gabrielle Union lead a strong female ensemble as well. While this is at least an alternative in black entertainment to the onslaught of Tyler Perry films that the African American community face every year (and a nice few jabs are thrown in here) it still could fit into that vein of what Perry is doing with less Jesus in the final act. You have to give "Think Like A Man" in the end for trying and ultimately being a really funny movie that can't accept just being that and tries too hard to be much more than it needs to be.
Remi L

December 10, 2011
Nothing but fun the whole way through! Think Like A Man doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but its gotta be one of the funniest romantic comedies I've watched in a long time. I've been rooting for this movie since before the trailers started airing and I'm so happy for its success. This isn't your typical black comedy. The writers and actors managed to make it accessible and relatable for everyone. This film was funny and light throughout and I enjoyed every minute. I highly recommend it. Even people who don't like romantic comedies will enjoy this film simply because of Kevin Hart's presence.
Jason R

May 17, 2012
Can't believe I am gonna say this, but this movie was really funny! Worth a look, if you are willing to pay the money to see it.
Giovanni C

April 21, 2012
Think Like a Man was a great movie that deals with relationships that we all see in this day and age, and it pulled it off pretty well. The story was pretty decent and realistic. The characters were easy to relate to, and I'm pretty sure everyone goes through those situations. My only problem with this movie, however, was the ending. It was too cliched and too hollywood, which makes it your typical rom-com. Luckly, at least the humor and talented cast made it entertaining and well-made. I usually don't like romantic films, but this and a few others are worth the time and money. Overall, it's the best film yet.
quanettatolbert
April 3, 2014
Loved the film. Love how it showed the types of guys and how people really can act. Funny and entertaining.
tarheelsfan873
September 12, 2012
This movie was quite funny and I was surprisingly impressed with the story. It is definitely more meant for the minority crowd as it follows the lifes of many black characters. Kevin Hart is sometimes hard to understand. The incorporation of the book leading the relationship on is unique.

The narration is a great addition to the movie and really keeps the view engaged. I loved how the story changed from the men to the women. At times it was hard to follow do to the story lines of 5 couples. The lessons on relationships were eye opening and educational.
ramtastic151
July 29, 2013
Think like a man was a funny movie that would be best enjoyed with your significant other. In my opionion its not manditory to enjoy this film but
YFlores489
January 21, 2013
Funny, well written and acted. It delivers the jokes at the right time and presents an excellent casting selection.
April 27, 2012
I wasn't interested in this movie...But then again, I never turn down a chance to see a movie for free and this one was worth the free look. It was funny, retarded and just plain good. All the women in the movie were pretty hot...The cast worked well together. My favorite couple though had to be Mike Early and Taraji P. Henson.
jcareb
November 10, 2012
This movie is very long but so funny. And the way this movie ended was amazing. This makes me want to find Steve Harvey's book Act Like A Lady But Think Like A Man. Think Like A Man is a must see but i'm taking 1 point of for longness. P.S. I am seeing Wreck It Ralph today in 3D so stay in touch for that. GRADE:A-
October 18, 2012
shows how men really think and yes i am a man but there are some parts in there that are true not all guys are just looking for a booty call
JennabGreat
October 5, 2012
I really couldn't get that interested in Think Like a Man, but I did finish it. Very predictable rom-com. Some laughs though, Kevin Hart is the best thing about it.