• Comedy
  • Directed By:
    Judd Apatow
    In Theaters:
    Dec 21, 2012 Wide
    On DVD:
    Mar 22, 2013
  • Universal Studios

A Spin-Off Movie Better Than The Original?

After seeing the 7 glowing reviews posted, they all seem to be saying the same thing. I am suddenly a LOT more excited.
Mitchell Nash
11-27-2012 09:48 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Olivia Bennett Holmes

Olivia Bennett Holmes

Really funny one liners, but over all, in my opinion, the critics got it right for once; its a 50ish rating. I just got bored in some of the scenes...yet is was watchable.(shrugs)

Jan 10 - 03:18 AM

Tony Cunningham

Tony Cunningham

Since when do any of you give a shit about a critics review?

Dec 30 - 10:32 PM

Julia B.

Julia Burdo

I agree. This couple was the best part of Knocked Up and now we get 2.15 hrs of them, plus some great cameos courtesy of Chris O'Dowd, Lena Dunham, Jason Segal, even Meghan Fox, and some lessor knowns.

Dec 24 - 08:09 AM

Mark Bennington

Mark Bennington

Pretty disappointing movie...40 looks pretty depressing, awkward and only marginally funny at infrequent intervals.

Dec 22 - 04:42 PM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

It's at 50% now with an average of 5.9/10. Meh.

Dec 22 - 03:39 AM

Jason Cangialosi

Jason Cangialosi

In inflated home movie, full of never-ending pop-culture references, while we're stuck listening to first-world problems in a sitcom format. Though, it's got enough laughs, and big enough budget that plenty of people will be satisfied and be happy they can relate to iJokes.

Dec 20 - 01:15 PM

Rick Beck

Rick Beck

As Peter Bart has said "Apatow is the king of dick jokes..." I bet I could sit through every pic he's had anything to do with and only groan. Please let the King go away! I guess there are movie goers out there who think movies based on "bathroom humor" are funny...Bitches - PLEASE!

Dec 18 - 08:05 PM

Greg Dinskisk

Greg Dinskisk

I liked it quite a bit more than Knocked up... It was rather good!!!

Dec 18 - 02:18 PM

Sean Gall

Sean Gall

Mitch, these are simply pre released fluff reviews, they do it with just about every movie. I dont foresee this movie getting great reviews, that doesnt mean you wont find it hilarious.
To answer your original question about the spinoff being better, i doubt it.

Dec 12 - 02:24 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

it seems to have dropped a lit. too bad.

Dec 18 - 02:26 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

it seems to have dropped a lot. too bad.

Dec 18 - 02:26 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

My theory is that early reviews generally come from fans who are excited to see a new movie by one of their favorites, later reviews come in by people less partial to the film with less invested in its success. Leslie Mann, still smokin' hot though so I'll probably see it for lecherous reasons if nothing else.

Dec 19 - 05:22 PM

Andrew Lederer

Andrew Lederer

Hollow, empty, forced, superficial, lightweight, pretentious, inauthentic. Gets good toward the end.

Dec 9 - 03:32 PM

Sceth StXellus

Sceth StXellus

Characterful, realistic, hilarious, strong, unindulgent, unsentimental, brisk.
The end is saturated with cloying, forced moralistic tripe; leave 10 minutes early.

Dec 28 - 03:22 AM

Mandy Monk

Mandy Monk

realistic? omg who lives like that?

Jan 7 - 04:06 AM

Burning Refuse

Burning Refuse

Not only are they positive reviews, one is from a topic critic, and the average out of the 7 is 8.6/10, that is really high for any sort of comedy or film in general.

Of course this is still too early to say for sure, but it indeed looks promising so far.

Nov 28 - 01:55 AM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

Well, if the trend continues, I will definitely give this a viewing. :)

Nov 29 - 08:25 PM

Mandy Monk

Mandy Monk

dont waste your time - awful movie

Jan 7 - 04:06 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile