• Directed By:
    Judd Apatow
    In Theaters:
    Dec 21, 2012 Wide
    On DVD:
    Mar 22, 2013
  • Universal Studios

jesus this movie is 2h15m long?

i thought judd would have learned his lesson from funny people, it was good but way too long
Matt Lane
12-19-2012 02:42 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Sean Gall

Sean Gall

This is 40 is truly hit and miss.

Apr 9 - 07:20 PM

Marvin Haas

Marvin Haas

Apatow is obsessed with bowel movements, urinating, throwing up and other low and cheap humor. Take away the "F"word and this trash movie can run for 25 minutes.Does Apatow have a promotion deal with a toilet seat mfr.?

Feb 23 - 04:51 PM

Mandy Monk

Mandy Monk

some of the worst writing ever seen on screen

Jan 7 - 04:01 AM

John Gilewicz

John Gilewicz

Amen. Absolutely horrible. And the acting wasn;t much better. Even the characters looked miserable while delivering their lines, as if they knew how bad it was.

Jan 9 - 02:11 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well i can call bullcrap because this got my funny bone

Jan 9 - 06:38 PM

Dennis J.

Dennis Jensen

Paul Rudd is the only one who has a couple of funny lines, but otherwise it's a horrible movie

Jun 28 - 01:05 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

I think you're all missing the point. Apatow is so disgustingly pretentious that he actually casted his real life spouse and his real life kids to play in this film. It's obviously a look into his home life and the fact is, we don't care. At a time in which our country's economy is truly in the toilet, we are expected to empathize with two whiny upper class adults who have more money than most of us will ever acrue over the course of a lifetime. And yes, there is the enormous run time. Sorry, Judd. I can't back you up on this one.

Jan 5 - 09:27 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

blah blah blah

Jan 5 - 01:36 PM

Chase The Lost

Oh yeah?

Jan 5 - 02:51 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

yeah moron

Jan 9 - 06:37 PM

Chase The Lost

I make a point, your retort is "blah blah blah," and I'm the moron?

Jan 11 - 02:54 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

oh sorry, i need to spoonfeed you this....YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP !

Jan 11 - 06:05 PM

Chase The Lost

Cool story, bro

Jan 12 - 09:37 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

thanks

Jan 12 - 02:12 PM

Porcupine Glenn

Porcupine Glenn

You're really right. But that's why I didn't pay to see it, I watched it at a friend's house.

The setting is really out of touch -- the cars they drive, where they live -- it's ridiculous. Instead of being a satire on upper class LA living, it actually takes itself seriously.

Jun 6 - 01:49 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

a little too long for a comedy

Jan 3 - 12:21 PM

Tinseltine

Le Anne Lindsay

True, the movie could have used some tightening up; but I can't imagine where that tightening should have happened, cause I truly enjoyed every moment; and although my turning 40 was closer to The 40 Year Old Virgin, I related much more to this movie and wouldn't want to cut any of this family's trials, tribulations and daily dysfunction, or that of their friends, co-workers and extended family.

Jan 1 - 02:57 PM

Mandy Monk

Mandy Monk

how many people can relate to this ridiculously lavish lifestyle? such horrendously selfish whiny characters - if this is an indication of upper middle class america - i am not surprised the nation is going down

Jan 7 - 04:03 AM

Duane Hempel

Duane Hempel

Not as long as Les Mis which I saw yesterday.

Dec 30 - 11:14 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Most of Apatow's movies are way too long. That's why FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL is my favorite: it's the shortest.

Dec 24 - 06:28 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Apatow's films have always been too long: why does the editing on all his film suck so bad? This is my FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL is my favorite, because its the shortest.

Dec 23 - 07:21 AM

Jason Cangialosi

Jason Cangialosi

Not only was it not-good for me, but fluffed up to that length, felt even worse.

Dec 20 - 01:11 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile