This Is My Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Is My Life Reviews

½ January 19, 2009
This Is My Life is the story of a Single mother who dreams of becoming a stand up comedian and the relationship she shares with her two daughters.
Julie Kavner plays Dottie. Aside from her voice grating on my nerves, she voices the famous Marge Simpson, I thought her performance was nothing spectacular. A young Samantha Mathis plays her oldest daughter, Erica. She was convincing as this teenager who was trying to come into her own. An even younger Gaby Hoffman plays the youngest daughter, Opal. The girls did have good chemistry as sisters. The cast also stars Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and the great Dan Akroyd. Although, there wasn't enough of his character, and he wasn't able to bring out his wonderful comedic flare at all.
With Nora Ephron in the directors chair, I really expected this to be a heartwarming tale with the box of Kleenex handy. This Is My Life was cute, but it was lacking something. I would give it lukewarm at best.
½ June 11, 2008
i dont remember it much but i rented it long ago... i remeber julie kavner and the struggle her daughters went through as she rose in her career... it was sweet story and a good first film for ephron.
½ July 11, 2014
Some good dialogue and pleasant story, but somehow. it just doesn't quite make it to the really good.
February 10, 2014
A funny and honest film about a rise to fame and true mother-daughter relationships.