Guess the Tomatometer

This could either way, so I think that I will hold off on my predictions until later.
Marcus J.
04-16-2013 04:22 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Rob Neff

Rob Neff

The preview, which I watched and laughed at multiple times, has more laughs than the entire movie.
After the preview and high audience/RT score, I went in thinking I would love this movie, but I just had a hard time finding anything original or clever. I know it's taste, but this movie seemed to rely extra heavily on gross-out gags and the obscene. My favorite scene was the argument between McBride & Franco so I know it's not because I'm completely averse to them. I just like a little thought. The movie feels like they just sequenced together a brainstorming session. similar to their Pineapple Express 2 sequel. Half-assed with smirks or groans where there could've been laughs.

Jun 25 - 01:52 AM

Jordan Miller

Jordan Miller

this movie was hilarious one of the funniest I have ever seen some people just get offended when you say ass

Jun 24 - 07:41 PM

Carl Linkhart

Carl Linkhart

Vulgar , gross , unfunny waste of time - we walked out when they started kicking a severed head around like a football - Repellant , fat ugly annoying cretons trapped in a James franco's house -and I thought I liked him - A nightmare - not a comedy ! I felt soiled and depressed after the 45 minutes I wasted !

Jun 19 - 11:20 PM

John Law Sahretzse

John Law Sahretzse

I didn't like the movie very much either, but you need to really take a minute to take a few deep breaths. Cool down a bit. Please.

Jun 20 - 09:18 PM

Tyler Massingale

Tyler Massingale

this was a great movie, I dont understand why your being so critical of it. Im not shocked that it got an 84% because i dont think anyone in their right mind can take this kind of movie seriously. all of Goldbergs and Rogens movies are like this, and most of them are this vulger and gross.

Jun 24 - 01:28 PM

Ryanide Stevens

Ryanide Stevens

You just gonna copy/paste that on every thread ya twonk?

Jul 11 - 01:50 AM

Aaron Faaux

Aaron Faaux

OK... I'm not sure what you were expecting when you went to see this brand of Seth Rogen comedy. This movie was hysterical. The way the characters all played exaggerated versions of themselves, with all the self-depreciating humor. It was great! It was also very smart for these actors to show they know what hyper-critical people think of them in the gossip columns. This movie was hilarious, it was exactly what I wanted it to be, and nothing over the line of what I expected to see when I bought my ticket. Someone like yourself should just stick to the G rated comedies, and leave the adults alone. If you were so taken back by the severed head, I'm just glad you didn't stay until they cut Satan's penis off! Hahahaha! P.S. I'm just curious.... In your opinion what was a better comedy that was released this year?

Jul 13 - 09:44 AM

Toby Mcguire

Toby Mcguire

i love seth rogen but really thought this movie was bad so it can happen

Oct 3 - 10:42 AM

David Richardson

David Richardson

This movie feels like an intentional "screw you" to the audience. If the budget was higher than $20K (plus salaries they stole), I would be stunned. In a weekend when there are 8 movies playing in a 16-plex (and this is one of them!), you can see why these money grubbing studios just don't care about content anymore.

Jun 18 - 09:38 AM

Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

This is like a new "Breakfast Club" movie, 2010s, and a 30 years-oldish style!

Jun 16 - 08:29 PM

Die_Hard

Mike Calzia

85% for this trash and 57% for Man of Steel. Bizzaro-world!

Jun 15 - 07:50 PM

andy s.

andy s

Shocked it's meter number is so high. This is one of the worst, least funny movies I have ever seen - and I usually like this kind of movie.

Jun 15 - 10:14 AM

Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

I'm sorry to hear that you got lost in sadland.

Jun 16 - 08:33 PM

Carl Linkhart

Carl Linkhart

This is the End of good taste , good writing and comedy as I know it !Depressing!

Jun 22 - 08:55 AM

Joseph  E.

Joseph Enoch

You're fucking retarded.

Oct 4 - 03:57 PM

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

Certified Fresh? BOO YAH!!!! :D

Jun 11 - 11:20 AM

Jevon Adams

Jevon Adams

It just got a certified fresh rating at 82%

Jun 11 - 10:35 AM

J.D Dean

J.D Dean

I'm going to go with 88%. I feel like this will be at around the same place as Superbad.

Jun 10 - 08:37 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

I think it's staying high. They all really like it and it's getting a good amount of 4/4 5/5's and such for a comedy especially. 85%

Jun 10 - 05:35 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

81%

Jun 10 - 01:47 AM

Kane Le-Petit

Kane Le-Petit

I'm guessing with 75% . This Is The End is an excessively over the top and hilariously funny film , overcoming its flaws by laughs.

Jun 10 - 12:32 AM

Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

At this point its hard to tell. There have been many movies that started out strong then failed. Although whats promising about This Is The End is that so far all of the "top" critics on RT have liked. My prediction is high seventies to low eighties

Jun 9 - 05:59 PM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

I'm gonna give it 79%. I have some decent confidence in everyone involved and the good reviews are great for the most part, so yeah. 79%. Maybe 80.

Jun 9 - 04:07 PM

Justin Riss

Justin Riss

77% is my guess.

Jun 9 - 11:55 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Currently at 86% but I can't see it staying there... 65% tops.

Jun 9 - 09:37 AM

Jesse W.

Jesse W

In all likelihood it will go down, but not that far. I don't see it dropping below 75. The good reviews are really good, and the bad ones generally aren't scathing.

Jun 9 - 03:39 PM

Aaron Hughes

Aaron Hughes

93%

Jun 8 - 08:48 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

Around 75%.

Jun 8 - 01:40 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

So I guess if The Watch had not only Aliens but every post-apocalyptic element in store, it would have done better? XD

Jun 8 - 10:07 AM

KT Koskela

KT Koskela

That'd've been a fuckin' awesome movie!

Jun 8 - 05:02 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

If this keeps an 86% long after a week of it's release or so, I'll be seeing this.

Jun 8 - 10:05 AM

KT Koskela

KT Koskela

I'm still gonna see it, even if it doesn't keep the 86%, be it by going higher or lower.

Jun 8 - 11:13 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

have you guys seen the "rotten" scores? a C+ is rotten apparently

Jun 7 - 02:38 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

Yes. Why wouldn't it be? It's basically a 5/10

Jun 7 - 07:56 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

In Canada 5/10 is fresh

Jun 7 - 08:00 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Are you bad at math? 70-79% = C which is not rotten.

Jun 9 - 09:39 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

Yeah, so D = 65% Fresh, right? That's not how it works.

Jun 9 - 11:28 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

If that were the case the only way for a critic to give a rotten would be to give it an F. Seriously that's dumb. If you want proof go check Richard Roeper.com and watch how he raves over those D's and C's.

Jun 10 - 05:45 AM

Irkingfetus

Josh Gara

85%

Jun 7 - 01:52 PM

Alex A.

Alex Anonymous

88% "This Is the End takes a great cast, script, and concept. And completely fulfills with a perfect blend of wit and vulgarity to make it a worthwhile comedy.

Jun 7 - 08:59 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Wow, everybody thought this would be shit, but it's looking to be a lot better than your average stoner comedy. I might go see this.

Jun 6 - 05:19 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

I thought it looked amazing from the first trailer

Jun 7 - 08:36 AM

J.D Dean

J.D Dean

I didn't know anyone who thought it looked like shit, especially after the first trailer.

Jun 10 - 08:38 PM

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

You definitely need to see it! The first good comedy of 2013 (unless you count Warm Bodies, which worked pretty well as a Zom-Com)

Jun 11 - 11:21 AM

Cory German

Cory German

Somewhere in the 21 Jump Street range.

Jun 6 - 03:20 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

from the heeb brigade

Jun 6 - 01:17 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

89%

Jun 6 - 12:45 PM

Luccas Pryor

Luccas Pryor

89%

Jun 5 - 08:13 PM

Ryan Brady

Ryan Brady

81%

Jun 5 - 07:04 PM

Cameron Morewood

Cameron Morewood

77%

Jun 5 - 04:40 PM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

83% It looks really funny and the writers and cast are great. Goldberg has written some of my favorite comedies, Superbad and Goon, so I expect this to be good.

Jun 5 - 04:36 PM

brad s.

brad smith

Save your money. I walked out! Do you know how long it's been since I have done that?

Jun 15 - 03:44 PM

Macy Armstrong

Macy Armstrong

Wow, 11 reviews and 91% are fresh. I'd be surprised if this ended up rotten.

Jun 5 - 03:38 PM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

Not to mention the average rating from top critics is 10/10 right now.

Jun 5 - 08:49 PM

Nick Thome

Nick Thome

guessing low 20s

Jun 5 - 02:33 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

i'm not

Jun 5 - 02:55 PM

Ryan Brady

Ryan Brady

Considering the reviews it's been getting, that's highly unlikely.

Jun 5 - 07:05 PM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

82%
This Is The End features a talented cast along with a clever script to help overcome any flaws in the movie.

Jun 4 - 12:10 PM

Cade Johnson

Cade Johnson

hot damn you almost got it exactly

Jun 12 - 09:36 PM

SAMfromCALGARY

Samuel C

65%-75%
Full of great laughs and wonderous acting performances, This Is The End uses comedy to gloss over its bad parts - and does so effectively.

Jun 4 - 08:25 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

I just hope it finishes fresh. The funniest movie I've seen in the last couple years is Get Him to the Greek.

Jun 4 - 08:00 AM

Luccas Pryor

Luccas Pryor

83%

Jun 3 - 08:51 PM

Vincent  F.

Vincent Fissore

Taking into account the current rating is at 80%. but the average at 6.6/10, I am thinking something around 65-70%. However, this is not the genre of movie I appreciate (gross out, over-vulgar movies never really moves me, even in terms of laughs), so I am going to skip it. And also... Who is the genius who threw this movie's release on the same week as Man of Steel?

Jun 3 - 07:16 AM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

88% now, with a 7.7 average.. wow that average really went up.

Jun 3 - 12:44 PM

Vincent  F.

Vincent Fissore

Well, I may have taken the first reviews too literally...

Jun 3 - 01:11 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Only 9 reviews so far though so you could still be right. xD

Jun 3 - 03:04 PM

Daniel Beresford

Daniel Beresford

Definitely agree with you on the release date. Not a smart move but it's okay since it's a comedy. Revenues won't lump to the first week like Man of Steel but will trickle in steadily over the summer.

I'm holding to 75-85, though in my books it should be closer to a 90.

Jun 3 - 10:34 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Well Ted was released 5 days before The Amazing Spiderman and two weeks before The Dark Knight while having to deal with all that competition in June, yet look how well that did.

Jun 4 - 07:11 PM

Vincent  F.

Vincent Fissore

Well, you are correct on the fact that Ted had some competition, but it did not have to deal with the pre-release competition Ted had. And also, Ted had a five day period, which included a three day weekend, to prove itself at the BO. This was the definitive advantage Ted had. This is the End is being released the same week as Man of Steel, with just two days to prove itself at the BO, and it will not benefit of the advantage of a whole weekend that Ted had, with just a two day hole to fill at the BO before being crushed by MoS. Except of the reviews for MoS are not positive, and the movie suffers an "After-Earth"-like bomb, with This is the End being the "Now You See Me" of the week.

Jun 5 - 12:22 PM

Shritan Varma

Shritan Varma

by today its 80%........im always right

Jun 3 - 07:02 AM

Colin Puth

Colin Puth

you're wrong

Jun 3 - 09:19 PM

Max M.

The Dude

Anything over 63%.

Jun 3 - 01:57 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

5%
"Same stoner shit."

Jun 2 - 09:19 PM

Max M.

The Dude

You know EMOD, you're are very bright kid and I know it. But it's all being overshadowed by this powerful negativity in you. And don't mask this negativity as "expressing the truth," 'cause it's not. Wake up and smell the goddamn strawberries. Life's too short to be pissed off about everything.

Jun 3 - 02:58 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

#1 I'm not a kid.
#2 I'm only negative about the things I don't like. I do like SOME things, you know.
#3 Nobody says "smell the strawberries"; do you drink strawberries in the morning?
#4 Dude, I'm just trolling. At this point with the reviews 5% is entirely far fetched; but I would hope for it to at least be rotten...

Jun 3 - 06:12 PM

Daniel Beresford

Daniel Beresford

Prepare to be surprised. There hasn't been a movie this good since the Hangover.

I understand why your expectations are low, though

Jun 3 - 10:39 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

There have been plenty of movie that were better than the hangover.

Jun 4 - 02:02 PM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

you are called Liam Neeson Trollfighter and you are trolling

Jul 28 - 01:55 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Wow, EMOD. You were wrong...again.

Jun 9 - 06:02 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

LOLWHUT.

Jun 10 - 08:03 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

LOLWHUT.

Jun 10 - 06:25 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

NO, YOU.

Jun 10 - 09:51 PM

Mitchell Lee

Mitchell Lee

I'm going with a 69%

Jun 2 - 03:36 PM

Giovanni Musso

Giovanni Musso

Seth Rogen would approve.

Jun 4 - 01:23 PM

Dennis Arthur

Dennis Arthur

79%

Jun 1 - 02:01 PM

Brandon Winchester

Brandon Winchester

Critics:75% Audience: 88%

Jun 1 - 09:23 AM

Sujit Oommen

Sujit Oommen

People say that its the best since superbad, so 75+, hopfully 80's

Jun 1 - 04:14 AM

adamfasullo

Adam Fasullo

Funniest movie since 21 JUMP STREET, I don't see it going any lower than 75%.

May 31 - 03:20 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

It better be in the 60's or above. This movie looks absolutely hilarious.

May 31 - 07:52 AM

Amrit Bhavinani

Amrit Bhavinani

Saw this last night. Unreal. Nearly spit out my drink several times. Sooo many cameos, so much better than the trailer and if you're a fan of these guys, you can tell it was entirely too much fun too make.

Pineapple Express meets Dude, Where's my Car, - better than both!

May 31 - 07:24 AM

Greg Dinskisk

Greg Dinskisk

It's a pretty great script, in my opinion. I'm guessing 77%.

May 30 - 07:54 PM

Connor Griffin

Connor Griffin

I would say 60's or 70's.

May 30 - 01:25 PM

Shane Sheridan

Shane Sheridan

69% *Seth Rogen laugh*

May 30 - 10:05 AM

Jacqui

Jacqui G

It's getting great word of mouth from people who saw it at screenings. I think people are underestimating this one big time.

My guess is 85%.

May 30 - 04:18 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

79%

May 30 - 01:20 AM

Emile Szabo

Emile Szabo

70-95%, "best comedy since the hangover part 1."

May 29 - 09:05 PM

KT Koskela

KT Koskela

I'm hoping it goes between 60% and 95%, but I'd kinda be surprised if this film actually gets an Oscar nomination for something.

May 25 - 09:13 AM

Jesse W.

Jesse W

I think everyone would be pretty damn surprised if it gets an Oscar nomination for anything.

May 25 - 09:29 AM

Sam

Sam Had

Uh, yeah. It's not getting any Oscar recognition. Its not that kind of movie.

May 26 - 07:06 PM

Jarryd Robison

Jarryd Robison

Critics(C) lower than audience(A). C-62% A-84%

May 24 - 07:11 PM

Daniel Beresford

Daniel Beresford

Listen to what everyone who has gone to an advanced screening is saying. This movie is the funniest movie I have seen since the first Hangover, which is nice considering the gratuitous amount of disappointing comedies that have been released over the past few years.

This has potential to be pretty damn close to a 90 but to be safe let's go with 75-85.

May 22 - 07:15 PM

Sam

Sam Had

critics will probably be low, around 30-40%. audience will be higher, maybe 70%.

May 22 - 11:49 AM

Max M.

The Dude

69-70%

May 15 - 06:46 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

I hope to god around 70%, this looks absolutely fucking hilarious!

May 13 - 04:35 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

You laugh at anything, Lee. Even your own face. That's how gullible you are. You sick fucking bastard.

Jun 2 - 09:18 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

...EVERYBODY MASS THUMB DOWN HIS SHITYY REVIEWS

Jun 7 - 03:11 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

And you don't have a profile because you're afraid people will thumb down YOUR reviews...

Jun 7 - 10:51 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

LOL you gave pain and gain a 70. You must rly suck michael bay's dick...

Jun 7 - 10:52 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

You fucktard, I hated all the Transformers movies

Jun 8 - 07:56 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

"Fucktard". Hm, yes, your favorite word.
How can you hate transformers and love pain and gain? what are you, bipolar?

Jun 9 - 01:08 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

That doesn't make any sense. Pain and Gain is a black comedy, Transformers is a boring piece of shit

Jun 9 - 08:56 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

pain and gain were both 2 entertaining movies

Jun 9 - 09:06 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

and transformers 1*

Jun 9 - 09:07 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Transformers is also a black comedy. You see, it was meant to be a comedy but it was so dark that people overlooked its hilarity. You lose.

Jun 10 - 08:04 AM

Taylor Thompson

Taylor Thompson

I saw an advanced screening and it was probably the funniest movie I've ever seen. I'll say 85%, but I'd give it 95%

May 8 - 09:33 PM

Daniel Beresford

Daniel Beresford

I also saw a screening back in October...even though it was incomplete, it was still one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, and I'm pretty picky with my comedies.

I predict like 75-85% but it really deserves a 90-95%.

May 22 - 07:13 PM

John Tyler

John *

76%
"After Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg went downhill with The Green Hornet and The Watch, their directorial debut This is the End makes up for them with inspired albeit crude gags, stellar comedic performances, an interesting premise, and some very witty surprises, resulting in this year's first good comedy."

May 4 - 06:47 PM

This comment has been removed.

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

You aren't very good at this, are you?

May 23 - 09:27 AM

Garrett S.

Garrett Simons

Nope, not really.

Jun 1 - 06:24 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

67-76 from the critics, with maybe 84 from the audience.

Apr 30 - 12:11 AM

Ryan Kilbane

Ryan Kilbane

Just saw the movie. One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. So many more cameos then whats in the trailer. I thought for sure they saved all the funny parts for the trailer but the trailer is only about 30 minutes into the movie. If you like these actors you will like this movie. Critics will hate it.

Apr 25 - 06:54 PM

Daniel Beresford

Daniel Beresford

I don't think the trailers have even come close to showing the funniest parts of the movie.

May 22 - 07:16 PM

Sam

Sam Had

Thats something my date and I noticed after leaving the screening as well. Nearly all of the funniest moments weren't included in the trailers, but a lot of the weaker gags were. Neither of us thought it looked like it was going to be anything special, but we both love Jay Baruchel and thought it had a really funny and original premise, so we gave it a shot. Very interesting (if intentional) marketing strategy, but it did make for a pleasant surprise.

May 26 - 07:13 PM

Carmine DiPiero

Carmine DiPiero

Critics - 89%, Users - 94%

Apr 25 - 08:01 AM

Allyn Poegel

Allyn Poegel

85%

Apr 24 - 12:10 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

Wow. You win. Furthest back prediction that was dead on.

Jun 19 - 06:11 PM

Joe Schatz

Joe Schatz

Not sure how the fill the moments not captured in the trailer. Could be hilarious... 65%

Apr 22 - 01:14 AM

Jesse W.

Jesse W

It gets around a 75%, but the public perception is much higher.

Apr 21 - 06:03 PM

Giovanni Musso

Giovanni Musso

83% I have faith in Seth Rogen's directing merely based on the trailer.

Apr 21 - 03:46 PM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

Tough. I'd probably say between 60% and 70%, but I really have no idea. This one could go either way

Apr 21 - 12:32 PM

Marcus J.

Marcus Jefferson

49%

The directorial debut of Judd Apatow alumni Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen is sporadically amusing, although it rarely reaches the heights that its intriguing premise seems to suggest.

Apr 20 - 10:22 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

umm...i think it looks funny. ill wait as well

Apr 17 - 04:41 PM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

I'm thinking this will be a pretty good as far as comedys go. I'm gonna say it will get 70%.

Apr 17 - 02:30 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile